1 gram of Weed for tea

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by Gone2space, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Gone2space

Gone2space New Member

i always wanted to try to make marijuana tea. Ive read a lot of the recipes here on this website but i somewhat dont understand. i was thinking of heating up a cup of water, milk (mix together) and add honey or butter, then put 1 gram of weed in it. does this work or am i missing something? can 1 gram of weed in a cup of water and milk work? any answer is well appreciated .

2. Ryan Miller

Ryan Miller New Member

4 cups water
    1 cup marijuana leaf
    2 of your favorite tea bags
    honey (optional, but good)
    milk/soy milk/rice milk (optional, but good)

Boil water and leave the leaf simmering in water for about 15 min. Add tea bags and or milk/honey and boil for another 5-10 min. If adding milk, pour very slowly so the milk doesn't curdle. Or microwave the milk first so it's a little warm as it hits the boiling tea.

3. Ryan Miller

Ryan Miller New Member

Peter Piper's Marijuana Tea
    gently simmer 1 gram cannabis per cup whole milk for 20 minutes...remove from heat and steep 1 mint tea bag per cup for 4 - 6 minutes...strain and refrigerate...stores well for at least one week I make a version of this with sugar and alcohol and liquor flavouring. I use 10% cream instead of whole milk and at Least 7 grams of cannabis per cup of cream...stores well for about 6 - 12 months...one ounce per serving...warms the heart!

Cannabutter Marijuana Tea
    It's made with the liquid left over from making cannabutter that's reheated with a generous dollop of cannabutter in it. Put a little honey in it and it's sort of drinkable...in a gagging as it goes down kind of way. It's sort of better when you just add cannabutter to an Earl Grey or Orange spice herbal tea.

INFORMATION ON WATER-BASED TEA

THC is only very slightly soluble in boiling water. Adding either some alcohol or some oil to the mix will help the THC dissolve. An ounce of whole milk or a half ounce of hard liquor to a cup of boiling water increases the tea's potency quite a bit. A drink, made with marijuana leaves, spices, butter and milk would dissolve even more of the THC.

Since THC doesn't dissolve in hot water alone and the material is later strained and never directly consumed, no strong effect will be produced from water-based herbal tea. Additional boiling time with added milk and honey may provide a suitable carrier for cannabinoids to dissolve into.

In order to get the thc transfer, you need saturated fat.If you're making tea because you enjoy the herb flavor,great. But if you're trying to catch a potent buzz, you'd be better off infusing the herb in milk-cream and adding it to your tea...

HOW TO MAKE MARIJAUANA BUTTER FOR TEA

INGREDIENTS
    Butter: 2 sticks unsalted
    Leaf Matter: 1 Pot=approx. 3 ounces (use less if using bud)

Directions:
    Bring 2-3 cups water and butter to boil. Add as many leaves as you can fit in your pan and cover with the butter/water mixture. Continue boiling for about 1 hour. Mash and stir frequently to make sure all THC is extracted from the leaves into the butter. After cooking strain butter from leaf using cheese cloth. Boil a cup of water and use it to rinse out every last drop of butter from the leaves. Be sure to squeeze the leaves well to get all the butter out. Put liquid in fridge (or freezer) to cool. When the butter has solidified pour off water. Butter will keep in fridge or freezer, but keeps best in cooked food!

The Cannabis or weed / pot tea is an infusion of the cannabis leaf keeping in hot water with alcohol or some kind of butter, low fat milk, at least some fat to absorb the tetrahydrocannabinol which are the primary psychoactive agents in marijuana. The active ingredient is not a water soluble compound.
    Because of the smokeless ingestion of the drug it is preferred by medical users.

4. Modavated

Modavated New Member

Your second post, Ryan Miller, is informatively very good.
    Your first post:
    I'd have to disagree with.

Gone2space, if you want the tea to be effective you will need to add the milk product. In my opinion I'd suggest you use a milk product with the most amount of fat content you can find, ie. Homo Milk.
    The higher the fat content, the more effective your tea will be because of the fact that THC needs alcohol or a fat to break down into and become active. As was outlined in, Ryan Miller's, second post there.

In my opinion, although I haven't tried this YET, but this is my idea: Steep the marijuana plant matter in the fattiest milk product you can find. Gently, medium-low heat (remember the more fat content there is, the easier it is to burn onto your pot), for maybe around 10 minutes, or less. Then remove the plant matter, squeeze it out to get all the good stuff trapped there, and use that to make your beverage! Add a little hot water if making tea. Or just use the steeped milk to make some hot chocolate or what have you.