108 Days of no smoking.

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by Your_Opinions, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Your_Opinions

Your_Opinions New Member

Hey everyone. I have a questions that I know has been asked alot, but none of the questions are the exact same as mine or do not mention their usage prior to quitting.
    The position that I am going for will be a summer internship. I was given the offer on Jan. 5 and was smoking when I got the e-mail. I quit smoking right then. Today has been a 101 days without smoking and found out today that the method they will be testing me with is a hair follicle test. On the date of the test it will have been 108 days without smoking, or even being around it at all (I have been avoiding it like the freaking plague).
    Here are my stats:

I am a 27 year old male, 5'11" and 185 lbs.
    Before quitting I smoked on average 5 grams of high grade stuff per week.
    I have always kept my hair buzzed to a three, but in preperation of the chance that they did hair testing I stopped buzzing it and let it start growing. 36 days after quitting I buzzed it down to a number 2 (1/4 inch in length) and have let it grow since. Right now it is in between 1 and 1/4 inch and 1 and 1/2 inch.

So what do you guys think? Do you think that I will be allright, or should I do something to make sure that I pass?
    Thanks to everyone in advance for taking the time to help me out.

2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg New Member

36 days ~ 0.5" of clean hair growth (+/-, depending on variance), and if it's true that you shaved it to a 0.25", I think you're good to go.

Don't shave it any more...last thing you want to do is have them take body hair. Keep it at the length it is right now for your best chance.

3 people like this.
  3. Your_Opinions

Your_Opinions New Member

Thanks for the reassurance Heisenberg... I am kinda freaking out. I was really holding hope that it was going to be a piss test, but those oil and gas companies have to suck about it.

4. mgoptimal

mgoptimal New Member

in a similar situation, did you pass?

5. Your_Opinions

Your_Opinions New Member

I just went and took the test about an hour ago... I will let you know what I find out. They said it should be the beginning of next week. Just to let you know I did do the Macujo method twice. The first time was three days ago, and then I did it again today right before I went and took the test. Dont know if it is going to do anything, but i figured better safe than sorry. Now it is time to get on my knees and pray to the gods of Ganja that they look out for me....

6. mgoptimal

mgoptimal New Member

you said you smoked an average 5 grams of high grade stuff per week, for how long?

I think you should be okay.

7. Your_Opinions

Your_Opinions New Member

I smoked about 5-6 grams a week for about 8 years...

8. Your_Opinions

Your_Opinions New Member

Today has been a week since the test... Does anyone know how long it takes for Psychemedics to return results after the test? The company that I am going to work for did pay for the eResults. My understanding is that I would have heard something by now. Just getting a little anxious.

9. Your_Opinions

Your_Opinions New Member

Today has been 9 days since my test and still no word. So i e-mailed my recruiter and asked if there was anything else that I needed to send them before my start date. She responded that they have everything, but the results of my drug screen, but she would let me know as soon HR lets her know that I am in the clear for the job.
    Its my understanding that it takes psychemedics longer to return results if you fail because they have to run the test again to make sure. Anyone got an opinion. Starting to freak out a little bit.

10. Such_is_life

Such_is_life New Member

You should pass since you cut out all the dirty hair. I really do not see how you could have failed. Keep us posted.

11. Your_Opinions

Your_Opinions New Member

Day 16 after hair test... Talked to HR yesterday and they still have not gotten the results. They actually emailed me 2 days ago asking if I had even taken the test yet. I honestly don't know what to think about this. All I know is this whole thing has taken about 10 years off my life.

12. Your_Opinions

Your_Opinions New Member

Just got the call... Failed.

13. Such_is_life

Such_is_life New Member

Geez. I am sorry. The only thing I can guess is that the cut off test level must be very low for that particular company and the very ends of your hair still had traces. I sure don't get it. 110 days at 1 1/2 inches should have been ok. Did you get any more details from the MRO?

14. Janine Sanders

Janine Sanders New Member

I'm really sorry to hear that. But I'm curious, did you try to appeal it at all or ask for a retest? It really could have been a false positive. How did HR tell you about it?