20 dollar Grams?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by MrBluntstuff, Sep 24, 2009.

1. MrBluntstuff

MrBluntstuff New Member

waddup people

I have been smoking for a few years now. Here;s the deal - I'm going to college on Long Island and the prices are crazy. At first I thought what everyone thinks.. Am I getting ripped off? But as of today, I have purchased from 5 different people, all very reputable connects through friends and fellow smokers I have run into. They all have had some really good weed. I know what good weed looks, smells and feels like.. I didn't always (EI: my first month of smoking when any kind of schwag would do the trick).. But as of the present time, I am confident in my ability to determine how good buds are.. and what I am getting is good stuff.

My beef, if you were wondering when I would get to it... is the price.
    $20 a gram. $60 per eighth. This is very expensive. The first time I heard them I said.. "Wow buddy, that's a little steep"

He said, "yeah well it's fire bro. Anyone is going to charge you that much or more"

I have asked a few people, and some from LI said it was reasonable, and others from out of town have said "WTF thats crazy"

I thought I would ask a full community of pot smokers what they think about $60 eighths.. and if anyone from NY has an update on prices.Just wondering if anyone has encountered areas with outrageous prices.. or is Long Island just the worst place to buy.
  2. lomaxa

lomaxa New Member

Yup man i live on long island, moving to vancouver next fall for college =) i feel bad that you have to be here for 4 years...=( but yeah its 20/gram 50/eigth 90/quarter but the weed is usually pretty amazing. Unless your dealing directly with a grower or you have a great connect these are what you gotta deal with. I cant wait to be vancouver 25$ eigths yum BC BUD YUM!
  3. CantThinkOfaName420

CantThinkOfaName420 New Member

20 a gram doesnt sound bad if its good weed, but i think 60 is to much for an 1/8, im pretty sure when you buy in bulk you get some money off
  4. trichybud

trichybud New Member

i'm in the southeast and good smoke is about the same from most unless you've got a good hook. thats about the average price most places i think.
    2 people like this.
  5. ughnessmaster

ughnessmaster New Member

yeah, doesnt really matter where your at, it's all similar in price. People who say that they get it for much cheaper must have the hooks, or they must get cheap shit. Ones that come from mexico are like $60 for an o.
  6. MrBluntstuff

MrBluntstuff New Member

every forum on prices I've read, from various sites, have a bunch of kids always saying -

$35 1/8
    $110 1/2
    $200 oz

and I'm like wtf.. are you kids lying or do you all live in Canada or smoke mexican brick weed? now $50 for an 8th of premo from my hometown was a high average.. but I've never seen prices as low as people claim on the internet.. Anyway, I only decided to look this up after being skeptical about these $60 8ers
  7. Bodhi1976

Bodhi1976 New Member

It's all a matter of location and quality. Long Island has NYC-type prices, which are among the highest in the country. Where I live, I can buy ozs for anywhere from $90 to $350, and they're all good deals. The potency of mj varies greatly. One batch could easily have five times as much THC as another, i.e. 4% vs 20%.
  8. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

I' ve never paid 20 a gram, and don't intend to start. I can ozs anywhere between $90 and $275, ranging from brickweed to dank. Even for the dankest dank I ever smoked, a 1/4 was 90 bucks. Prices vary by region and by demand though. I've heard that NY prices are especially steep.
  9. MrBluntstuff

MrBluntstuff New Member

I only buy ( and everyone I have dealt with only sells) good stuff. The dankest in the world? I don't know about that, I remember when I was in Amsterdam they had strains of cannabis cup winners that were going for 48 euros per gram (well over $60 a gram I think). But what I get is as dank as you can get outside of the super elite pro grower circle. I'm not really interested in prices of brickweed, cause who wants an oz of brown schwag?

I just wanted to know if NY had a reputation for expensive weed (rofl like everything else I guess).. and apparently it does. Good to know that at least everyone is getting fucked on prices there.
  10. Skinsfan82

Skinsfan82 New Member

$20 a gram is FAR from unheard of.

i've seen various med strains go for $30 a gram.
  11. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

again...regional. Anyone attempting to sell a gram of anything but maybe an off-topic would be laughed at here. I won't pay 30 for a gram of headies when I can score an 1/8th for $35-40
  12. epic_stoner

epic_stoner New Member

welcome to the austrlaian prices :O it sucks alot.
  13. pkster8235

pkster8235 Lazy Dancer

$20 a gram :eek: I've never paid more than $10 a gram.. even for good quality stuff. Even when we had some tutti frutti in town it was still $10 a gram. It all depends on where you live though. If it's the going rate then I guess it's the best they can do.
  14. lildevilpunk8008

lildevilpunk8008 New Member

in cali it goes for

$20 a gram
    $60 eight
    $100-$120 a quarter
    up to $400 an ounce

but ive seen eights yes 3.5 grams go for up to $70 unbelievable.

those prices are the reason i stick to shwag. but its decent not no brown shit nice and green just not dank takes up to 3 grams at a time to get high. for $60 an ounce.its worth it.
  15. PBS Nashy

PBS Nashy New Member

20 bucks a gram/stick 50 bucks for 3
  16. goosehead

goosehead New Member

In Miami:

G - $15-20
    8th - $50-60
    Q - $90-100
  17. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

wow man where i am at 20 bucks a gram it better knock me of my ass, cause i can get 4 grams for 20 bucks of some decent stuff if i talk to the right people
    3 people like this.
  18. Ihavenoweedpuns

Ihavenoweedpuns New Member

$20 grams is what I pay for in SoCal
  19. drOnly

drOnly its blunt o'clock

yeah cause an 1/8th is sooooo much weed.. haha.
  20. NEOp00

NEOp00 New Member

I live in ny and its 20 for a gram too idk bout the 60 thing