21 Days Clean and I Fail?!

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by WorriedNow, May 29, 2007.

1. WorriedNow

WorriedNow New Member

I have a pre-employment drug test tomorrow. I don't know yet who is testing or what kind of test it is, aside from it being a urine test.

I haven't smoked in 21 days today and this morning, first thing, I peed for a home test kit. I caught the first bit o' piss... didn't do midstream or anything like that. Maybe that was a mistake, I dunno... I wanted to see where I stood.

Last Thursday and Friday I was in the same room as one guy who smoked a couple of bowls. He had the window open. I could smell it, but there was obviously no contact buzz. I'm worried that it might have "reinfected" me.

Before 21 days ago, I was an occasional (1-2 times weekly) user for a couple of months... before THAT I smoked daily for around 5 years.

I was just shocked that I failed after 21 days clean. I'm 5'9", 170 lbs... I don't have a fast or slow metabolism. I don't exercise much... just walking a couple times a week.

I guess I'll pound some gatorade and buy another home test and see what it looks like later today... I know that it's a drop-in place so I can go in during the late afternoon tomorrow.

Do you guys think that being in the same room with another smoker could've caused me to fail? I thought that was a myth... kinda worried that I might need to take drastic measures and try substitution, but I feel like I would be nervous the whole time and raise suspicion. I was hoping to pass naturally, but I guess that's not an option. =/

Any advice? Reassurance? Jeez, I'm wrecked if I screw this test...

2. Secs

Secs New Member

That is a myth. You didn't even get a "contact buzz" (your words).

You tested yourself using your first, and strongest, (most concentrated) urine of the day. A worst case scenario test. I'll bet if you drand a few glasses of gatorade and tested yourself again, you would pass.

Follow the dilution method exactly. Don't add extra fluid thinking it will help, because it won't. You should be able to pass using dilution if your smoking habits listed in your post are correct.

3. WorriedNow

WorriedNow New Member

Thanks for the reassurance Sec3...

I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

4. WorriedNow

WorriedNow New Member

Pass! A+++++

Okay, just got back from the facility and I PASSED!

I used N2's dilution method almost to a T... I added some Rolaids because I was worried about the gravity and spent the last few days eating more red meat than I've eaten in a long time.

The place was odd. They gave me a clear plastic drinking cup to whiz in. The bathrooms had no sink and blue-tinted toilet water. They told me not to flush. My piss was vitamin yellow/green, kinda neon, but they didn't seem to care. Compared to the other two samples sitting there, it looked a LOT different. Heh. They took some laser gun looking thing and shined it into the pee first... I dunno if it was some kinda temperature gauge or what... then opened up a little five panel test strip kit and dipped it. They told us on the spot whether we passed or failed (the guy beside me failed and was freaking out).

Thanks to this site for the method! Next time I think I'll sub and save my stomach some ache.

5. ~Flor~

~Flor~ New Member

Congrats on passing. I sure wouldn't want to be the employee there with people freaking out!

6. Secs

Secs New Member

Congratulations.

If a collection/testing facility ever tests your urine where others can see/hear the results of your test, scream, yell, whatever to gain privacy for your test. It is your right.

Also, an instant test cannot determine if someone is positive. A instant can only determine if someone is negative or non-negative. All non-negatives should be sent to a laboratory for confirmation.

7. WorriedNow

WorriedNow New Member

Yeah, I thought it was a little strange. There were three of us just standing there watching the lab people do the test.

Any idea what the laser thing was that they were shining into the pee?

8. Secs

Secs New Member

The only thing I can come up with would be a digital thermometer.

9. 1tokeovertheline

1tokeovertheline New Member

Probably an infrared thermometer. We use them at work and mechanics use them quite often also. They are real handy and quick. They give an instant temp reading of anything you hit with the infrared light.

10. WorriedNow

WorriedNow New Member

Thought I'd throw in my schedule on test day. Before test day, I ate a lot of red meat for about 3 days... burgers, steaks, etc. Also sat around and didn't do any exercise.

Test Time: 2pm

10am - Took a Bayer (300ish mg Aspirin)
    - 2 8oz Glasses of Gatorade
    10:15 - 1 8oz glass of Gatorade
    10:30 - 1 8oz glass of Gatorade
    10:45 - 1 8oz glass of Gatorade
    11:00 - 1 8oz glass of Gatorade
    11-12 - Whizzed like crazy, almost completely clear - Also ate some lunch
    12-1 - 12oz Coke, 12oz water (I needed the caffeine and bubbles to settle my stomach)
    1:00 - B2 vitamin, 4 Rolaids
    1-2 - Drove to site and sipped on a 12oz Sprite (didn't finish)
    2:00 - Whizz in a cup, PASS!

11. ~Flor~

~Flor~ New Member

Do you know at all if that cup had an integrity check built in or did they check it with a strip at all?

12. WorriedNow

WorriedNow New Member

The cup was just a plain clear plastic drinking cup.

The test kit that they used had what looked like 5 or 6 strips poking out of a clear plastic casing.

I'm not sure if they checked integrity at all, honestly.

I was told it was a 5-panel test.