24 hour high

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by berkman, Oct 22, 2005.

1. berkman

berkman New Member

Ok, I smoked a lot last night. I mean ALOT! I got up this morning and felt fine. But all of a sudden, I feel high as hell again. It has been roughly 24 hours since I smoked. I had a lot of caffine before the feeling high again if that helps. Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. fight4rights

fight4rights Activist

The boomerang high

I've had something like this happen to me before as well. I smoke around 9:00 PM and stayed up till 2. The next morning I woke up at 7 with a weed over. Not high, just feeling a little "fuzzy" so to say. I went to work, which was cutting down trees at a Christmas tree farm. I started to feel high again around 8 am and stayed high for another 2 hours. At the time I thought it was the smell of the trees that got me high again. Why? I have no idea.

There really is no physiological explanation for this. As soon as drugs enter your system they start getting metabolized (broken down). Basically, after a certain amount of time, depending on which drug is consumed, half the amount of the drug in your blood stream is gone. This is called the half-life. I just looked it up and the estimated half-life for THC is 1-2.5 days (Earlywine.) This doesn't make sense to me, unless this is the inactive metabolite of THC.

Anyway, there really is no way for a sudden spike in the THC in your body to occur unless you smoke more weed. My conclusion, its just a placebo effect.
  3. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

The half-life, which I've seen as 36 - 48 hours, is a measure of the metabolites, not the THC itself.

Getting high alters the way you look at things. It's quite possible to get that same perspective without the drug.
  4. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

There is such a thing as "deja vu" highs too. Usuaully people experience the "high" feeling in either awkward places (sitting in a classroom), or after exercising or something similar.
  5. fight4rights

fight4rights Activist

I've had a few deja vu highs before. They're really fun because they're so unexpected. One did happen in my classroom. The strange part was that it happened during a dry spell for me (I hadn't smoke in at least a month or so.) I just felt really weird and out of place. I kept thinking funny high thoughts too. I had that sense of novelty even though I was in a completely familiar place. That flashback passed quickly though. As soon as I started moving around the feeling passed.

HigherLogic:Are those your own personal quotes? I like them. :thumbsup:
  6. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

"Politics are not the task of a Christian." -- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." -- Blaise Pascal

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it." -- George Bernard Shaw

"Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence of the improbable." -- H. L. Mencken

"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence." -- H. L. Mencken
  7. yuri420

yuri420 New Member

i drink a lot of caffine and i never really fully come down, i always feel a lil high these days(could also be coz im interactin spiritual energy n conservin sexual energy, or im just schizo :D ) i love this feelin n im sure that if i didnt like feeling high i could make it go away(i have before). Try make an internal request to your body and mind to make the feeling go away