$280 - First Vaporizer.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Zeroxtreem, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

In a little bit I'm getting a check from work for $280 that's been delayed and delayed and delayed, and I want to spend the majority of it on a really good vaporizer since I've boughten bowls, bongs and bubblers, I want to try a vape.

But I know that with vapes you want to spend the money. I was looking around MJ.com and reading reviews and I was told for $160-$180 Da Buddha is a really good vaporizer. With the extra money I'll just buy weed to test run it :)

I've never had a vaporizer before, and I plan on going to Utopia, a smoke shop in my area, but the only vaporizer I KNOW they have is a Volcano, which I was told was one of the best if not the best from a friend.

If it boils down to it, which should I get? Volcano or Da Buddha, or a different one? Again, I'm fine with spending almost all of the check on a vaporizer, I just want one that will completely blow my mind. And it has to be (i'm assuming) a well-known vaporizer, because I'm definitely not ordering it online due to my age/problems associated with me picking up something like that so I'm going to have to go to Utopia.

On top of that, are there any pointers you (mj.com) can give me for using a vape for my first time? Any tips appreciated!
  2. 5drive

5drive Slacker

The Volcano is the best bag vape, not the best vape period, despite what a lot of 'cano owners would have you believe. If you decide you don't like sucking your vapor from a bag, you're out of luck with the 'cano. And even if you want bag delivery, you can spend half as much or less and get direct draw as well with the herbalAire or Extreme. I've got the herbalAire and have used it a lot, but wouldn't want to limit myself to bagged vapor only.

Since you're restricting your selection to one headshop, why don't you make a list of the name brand, warrantied models that interest you and then ask for opinions?
    2 people like this.
  3. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

I'll do that! I'll call them later and ask them what vaporizers they have in the $150-$200 range. I'll check back in this thread with a list of what they have/ I'm interested in. :)
  4. OC513

OC513 New Member

Do you mean Utopia in Hicksville, Long Island? That is where I got mine....I got a Kia....it is VERY dope. Similar design to a Da Buddha(my best friend has one). ........only all in a nice metal box to fit all ur paraphernalia in. It is awesome.....I love mine.

Attached Files:

5. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

I'd suggest that you look into the Vriptech system. You probably won't find it in your local headshop. I've tried several different vapes and my Vrip system is, by far, the best.
  6. BudSmoker92

BudSmoker92 Sr. Member

Da Buddha works AMAZING.
  7. extracrispy

extracrispy New Member

Have you ever used a vape at all? (I had not used anything other than the lightbulb when I bought my SSV.) It would be good to try both a bag type and a whip type before deciding. (I *think* there are some affordable bag vapes, but all I've ever used in the 'cano.)

I have a 'cano and an SSV. While I like both methods, I tend to use the cano more because, on balance, it is easier (read: no brainer). Nonetheless, both are excellent. (As I said in a different post moments ago, I just bought my sister a Buddha and am looking fwd to trying it to see how it compares to the SSV. That said, I've still never tried any whip-style vape other than the SSV.)

If at all possible, try both styles **several** times before making a decision: it is a different experience (although not a different effect). If you can't, check posts on cheaper-than-'cano options on bags, or just order da Buddha because I think the 'cano is more expensive than you plan to spend.

Best of luck, and let us know where you come out in all of this.
  8. gak hater

gak hater New Member

i've tried alot of differant vapes and the vrip comes out on top for me :D
    the package for 299 is the shit :hail:

VripTech Vaporizer
    4 people like this.
  9. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

Since I was expecting this check soon, I went to my father and I told him about the pros of smoking using a vaporizer (he's just concerned about the smell). I told him about it being beneficial to your health, how it generates no smell because it's not actually burning the weed, and that it's more efficient to smoke out of them. He told me that he's fine with it so long as he gets to read about them on a website somewhere (like a review on everyonedoesit.com or something). I knew he'd be alright with it but I still wanted to make him aware of what was in my room. After he told me about the condition of seeing a website he also said that he would be willing to pay for it and buy it for me via some kind of website. I told him that the one I was looking at, Da Buddha, could cost as much as $160, and he said he was fine with it. :eek:

Definitely didn't expect that from him.

So, I am now in need of a VERY reliable website, and suggestions on what vaporizer to buy as my first.

Thanks for reading :)
  10. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

2 people like this.
  11. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

I'll be 18 in a few months. I won't be a minor for long. And when I told him about it he actually requested to buy it for me online. I don't know why but he'd prefer to do it that way.

It won't look that bad, will it?
  12. jmhereiam

jmhereiam New Member

I've heard good things about Da Buddha, I have the Extreme Vaporizer from Arizer that I got for 250, it fills bags like a volcano, but you can also take hits from the whip. I like it a lot, and didn't have to blow 500 on a volcano, Although I think maybe volcano uses less weed to fill the bags up? idk if thats true or not. Filling bags is deff my favorite method, but I enjoy both straight hits and bags. A full bag f's u up :D

Edit: If your dad orders it online for you, just tell people you bought it.. You can let your close friends who wont spread the word know about it, but I mean.. I don't think you would be in any trouble. Whose gonna find out and snitch? Lets say the worst happens and you ended up in foster care some how, your 18 in a few months... lol. I dont even know where im going with this, ENJOY YOUR NEW VAPE!
    2 people like this.
  13. Vish

Vish New Member

It seems I'm the only proud Vapor Warez user here. :[

I love my Warez. It's amazing, and works so well. It's actually heating up now so I can use it. :]

VaporWarez - Home of the VaporCannon Vaporizer formerly know as VaporDoc Vaporizer

Where to get it, read about it, and all of the sorts.

Plus, refurbished = 120ish dollars. Get the 3g if you get it. Mine was refurbished, and is amazing. I've had it almost a year.
  14. halfvaped

halfvaped New Member

15. zoo

zoo New Member

I don't mean to jack the thread but I'm thinkin I like the Extreme too. Do the Volcano Vaporizer Easy Valves work on the Extreme balloon filler adaptor?

I would really like having the one way valve.
  16. N0TaCRIMINAL

N0TaCRIMINAL New Member

i love utopia, and go there as much as i can. they have some great bong brands, but are extremely lacking in the vape section. the only real known name brand they have is the volcano, and thats out of your price range. every other vape they have are chinese no name pieces of shits. i wouldnt buy a vape from them if i was you, just buy one online.
  17. N0TaCRIMINAL

N0TaCRIMINAL New Member

didnt see your decision on buying one on the net, anyway, the best site to buy a da buddha is Affordable Herbal Vaporizer , it is the company's site.
  18. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

I ordered it

I got the $160 required and gave it to my friend who ordered it online for me. I put down free shipping which will take 2-7 days, so I'm praying for Monday.

I got the DBV. Best part is I used $0 of that check money so now I have $280 to christen the vape. :blazed:
  19. 5drive

5drive Slacker

It is if you want anything custom, like heater cover, knob, wand. But if you just want the standard kit, quite a few dealers offer free shipping at this price level. And if you do some searching, you may find some dealers offering coupon codes.
  20. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

First FedEx said Tuesday, then Thursday, then today it changed to Saturday and now its on Wednesday of next week -_- I was hoping to get it before school but I guess I'm going to get it the day after.

Updates when I get it.

Damn you free 2-7 day shipping. -_-