7 grams. How big?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by CRIMSONxSOLDIER, Jun 29, 2008.

1. CRIMSONxSOLDIER

CRIMSONxSOLDIER All Aboard the Canni-bus!

Alright...im lookin to buy 1/4th pretty soon and 1/4th is about 7 grams, correct? But seeing as I dont buy my bud very often (my best friend had like an endless supply because of his father, but unfortunately his mom caught him and he has to quit for a while) I was wondering if anyone could give me a fairly good idea of about how much 7 grams is, in size.

Maybe take a picture of 7 grams of your bud and compare it to a quarter or give me an example like "the size of 5 AA batteries" I dont know.

But it would really help because I want to manage my marijuana use and I would like to estimate how long it would last.

Thanks,
    Crim
  2. Ryan Fa Sho

Ryan Fa Sho New Member

If you are planning to buy some tell your dealer to bring his scale, any legitimate dealer has a scale, and it shouldn't be a problem if he isn't trying to rip you off.

If you just want to monitor how much you are smoking every session then I guess you can try to "eye" it out but it wont be exact. A gram usually looks two kind of big nugs. couldnt find an exact picture though =[
  3. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

seven grams is EXACTLY 7 times the size of a gram!~hope that helps!! :cool: Seriously though, thats a difficult question to answer. I've had 1/4s that look huge, and I've had ozs so compressed I could easily hold them in a fist. A scale is your best friend. Without one, its virtually imposible to find out exactly how much a bag weighs
    2 people like this.
  4. JBone

JBone New Member

thats the best thing to do. theres no way to tell for sure how much you're getting without a scale because buds come in different densities and moisture is also a factor, i can usually tell its a 1/4 because the buds fit nicely into my mugs, which are like 300mL i think.

go to the Arts/Photography section and look at the thread "Post Your Buds/Kif/Joints/Blunts/Hash" look through some of those pics and you will find a lot of people with 1/4's.
  5. pkster8235

pkster8235 Lazy Dancer

It's really hard to tell. Marijuana can come in a variety of densities.. it can look like a gram but really be two.. or look like a gram but only be half of a gram. It all depends on how heavy it is.. whether it busts up a lot after you grind it or not. The only real way to tell is to weigh it out .. that is until you get an eye/feel for what a gram looks and feels like.
    If I am ever in doubt I just ask myself, am I happy with what I got vs.what I paid? If the answer is yes I don't sweat it. Or just weigh it out. You can get a decent scale for a good price.. You could even ask the dealer to weigh it out in front of you. Most are cool with this, since they weigh it out anyway.
    2 people like this.
  6. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect The Cosmic Chronic

As others have said, the only way to really tell is a scale.

Depending on the density of the buds you could expect a sandwhich ziplock bags entire base full, and up to an inch and a half of 'thickness' in your bag... I hope that makes sense... :chokin: