a good vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by gimmeadollar015, Oct 31, 2008.

1. gimmeadollar015

gimmeadollar015 New Member

I just made what i think is a vaporizer:

[​IMG]

Is this good/safe to smoke out of? I was going to use a lightbulb, but this seemed a little less dangerous.
  2. O High O

O High O Sr. Member

The glass could potentially shatter in your face if the bottle gets too hot, unless it's tempered, which I don't think it is.
    2 people like this.
  3. Dinglesberry

Dinglesberry New Member

I wouldnt. The reason most people use lightbulbs is because theyre made with a special kind of glass that wont shatter under high temperatures. Thats just what i think, though. You should make one out of a lightbulb, its really easy and doesn't take long. Im sure you can find a guide. Heres a video if dont know how to make one :) : [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJq6YKDhn4"]YouTube - How To Make a Lightbulb Vaporizer[/ame]
    2 people like this.
  4. gimmeadollar015

gimmeadollar015 New Member

[​IMG]

I just finished the lightbulb. I'm not too sure about the duct tape around the neck. I'm gonna see if i can't grab some electrical tape.

Also there are some cracks near the top where the tape is. is it still ok to use?
  5. O High O

O High O Sr. Member

Yeah. Sometimes even light bulbs crack during "vaping." Yours may be more prone to crack than others since it's already cracked, but it won't shatter in your face or anything.
  6. Up In Smoke

Up In Smoke Guest

Just make sure no plastic is touching any glass parts. Or at least minimal contact.

The heat from the glass has the potential of releasing harmful toxics from the plastic, if exposed long enough to extreme heat.

Looks good. Ive built a Lightbulb vape about 4 years ago.

Ive now upgraded to a V Tower Extreme :)