a "lid"?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by FORTRAN3006, Apr 18, 2002.

1. FORTRAN3006

FORTRAN3006 New Member

recently saw cheech & chong... how much is a lid? (they mention buying a "lid")
  2. weedzinger

weedzinger Seasoned Activist

A lid is an oz.Source

{side note: some of those definitions are a little 'off', (e.g dinkie dow is marijuana, so is Llesca)}
  3. FORTRAN3006

FORTRAN3006 New Member

thanks, man!
  4. Paulie420

Paulie420 New Member

I always thought back in the 60s, a lid was an entire plastic baggy filled to the line with pot. I dunno, because I'm just talking about something I heard... I wasn't around to buy one, Hehehe.
  5. orion8585

orion8585 New Member

i'm pretty sure a lid is 3/4 of an ounce, thats what everyone around here tells me.
  6. your right.. a lid is 3/4oz because thats the most you could have back then for the crime to stay a misdemeaner so they just figured sellin it in that quanity was convienent
  7. weedzinger

weedzinger Seasoned Activist

So the DEA is wrong?
  8. gatorgrower

gatorgrower New Member

trust an old stoner on this a lid is an oz.....
  9. Feorge Gorman

Feorge Gorman New Member

Another 'old stoner' here!

:wave:

Back in '72...'lids' WERE indeed an ounce, (usually ten bucks) but LOADED with seeds! NOTHING like the weed yer used to buying today!

What nice buds you'd get were usually hard and dry..and you'd break them open over an album cover and watch the seeds slide on down into a bowl or something.
    I figure about 1/3 to 1/2 ounce of each one was seeds!

Every now and then you'd find something really special for $15...a little redder or golden, and damn tasty!

Then came 'Colombian Gold', 'Thai stick' (or, you know "Tyed stick" "that stuf-f that's tied to a stick), good hash and all kinda other 'exotics' that drove the prices up to the moon!

Oh, the memories!:bawl:

pOOn :cool:
  10. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

Hey all!

try reading this thread to get the low down on a lid! :wave:
  11. suede

suede Activist

Grams...........

Back when we called a bag a lid,the number of grams wasn't something most people could figure out,or didn't have the math skills for.I usually just held the bag in my hand ,palm up and if it covered four fingers,it was considered a 4 finger lid.There werre also 3 finger lids,and 5 finger lids.The 5'swere almost always the biggest"Db.s.

So i went back after posting and that other thread on lids was hillariously ammusing,and i started wondering.What happened to all the fun?Here in the 20 ....1st century,when I relate to the word "lid" i think,"lift",then, back down and flush. :D
  12. LouReedNYC

LouReedNYC New Member

come on there is no need to argue, we have the white house street term glossary :)
    dont they always no best
  13. AndieBear

AndieBear Seasoned Activist

Re: Grams...........

You have been trained well!!! HAHA! :D lol.

Oh hey, that sounds good, I think I'll go chill with Cheech and Chong, now! :)
  14. AndieBear

AndieBear Seasoned Activist

Re: Grams...........

You have been tained well!!! HAHA! :D lol.

Oh hey, that sounds good, I think I'll go chill with Cheech and Chong, now! :)