alcohol and cigarette affect on drug tests

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by txtx, May 21, 2010.

1. txtx

txtx New Member

I have heard different things from different people about this. The guy who owns the headshop where i get my home tests asked my situation and after i told him, he asked if i smoked cigarettes. I told him that i do, daily. He shook his head and said that this was a real bad thing. Ive avoided alcohol and smokes for the past couple of weeks thinking that i might as well avoid all toxins before the test. It will have been 23-24 days since i last smoked and I plan on following the dilution method and taking a practice test the night before the test to make sure. My question is...will alcohol and cigs have any effect whatsoever in terms of my passing/failing it? I would love to go out with some friends and have a few drinks since ive been all nerves since learning i have to take this test, but part of me wants to keep my body as clean as possible...am i stupid to even worry about this? I searched around but couldnt find a square response. Any help is appreciated.

2. ihatesears420

ihatesears420 New Member

unless you're getting tested for alcohol and tobacco I wouldn't worry.

3. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

You have been lead astray by your friend at the head shop. Drug tests are very specific. Neither alcohol nor tobacco will have any effect on your test results - unless you're being tested for them.