Aluminum foil pipes - your opinion?

Discussion in 'Hand Pipes' started by Lonely Stoner, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Lonely Stoner

Lonely Stoner New Member

I made myself an aluminum foil pipe the other day, and that sh*t hit like a motherf*cker. And I didn't even smoke an entire dime, just a nug I had leftover from my stash.

My only issue is the actual aluminum foil being inhaled. Any body else here make this type of pipe when nothing else is available?
  2. 420Revolution

420Revolution New Member

I wouldnt use aluminum foil. I dont care if its good or not for you its not going into my inventory of smoking tools. I have socket wrench fixtures incase of emergencies.
    Just my opinion :mj: :rasta: :mj: :rasta: :mj:
  3. hector

hector Sr. Member

there are no health risks from using aluminum foil. an average lighter can't create enough heat energy to change the foils soild state to a gaseous one.

but with that being said i woulden't use one regularly because they suck(heats up,taste awful,looks terrible). invest in something better.
    6 people like this.
  4. NCisBlaZed

NCisBlaZed New Member

I only make an aluminum foil pipe if i've got NO other option.
  5. SenorSmokesALot

SenorSmokesALot Subscriber

Like hector said, there are no actual health risks with using aluminum as a smoking device but that being said I don't know that I would willingly do it. Smoking out of glass is just so much better. The taste is cleaner and it dissipates heat easier.
  6. snowboard_loser

snowboard_loser Sr. Member

ahhhh the old days. my first pipe " " was a tinfoil one lol.
    i highly dont recommend it. some say it has no health risks, but in my opinion its like a disservice to the herb. id much rather smoke out of some clean glass. i dont think i'll be able to accept that it isnt hazardous to you either even if it is true. thats just my 2 cents though. worst comes to worst id roll a joint.
  7. Love4TheNugg

Love4TheNugg NorCal MushroomCloud

Man, this brings back memories. I actually used one not to long ago cus I was out of town with my homie who just started smoking weed and he had no piece. So I made an aluminum foil one, as ghetto as it was, it worked REALLY well.

We got super fuckin high.

But yeah, in the beginning me and my friend would make aluminum foil pipes, soon after we did that a few times we each bought decent glass pipes.
  8. newpotmoker

newpotmoker New Member

haha yea i use to resort to useing one but not anymore i got my bong :)

When i dont have my bong on me then i would make a bong out of a water bottle
  9. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Aluminum does not cause Alzheimer's Disease

As Hector said, smoking out of aluminum foil pipes carries no health risk. A couple of decades ago, some researchers into Alzheimer's Disease discovered that the plaques in the brains of deceased patients contained high levels of aluminum. People who were not scientists jumped to the conclusion that aluminum causes Alzheimer's and an urban legend was born.

The fact is, aluminum is one of the most common elements on the face of the earth. We get far more of it in the food we eat than we could from a foil pipe. Aluminum is harmless except in very large quantities.

From The Alzheimer's Society: "Alzheimer's & Aluminum": "At this point, there is no evidence that aluminum increases a person's risk of developing Alzheimer's disease."
    8 people like this.
  10. StonedLife

StonedLife New Member

yeah man,my old pipe was taken by my mom so i had to use tinies for like 2 weeks(sucked).then this monday i went and bought a beautiful glass pipe.it was $36 and glows in the dark haha.save up your money and get a pipe.lol im kinda late on this post
  11. Dudeimanoldfart

Dudeimanoldfart New Member

This is good to know, I've always thought it was bad. There's been a few times were I didn't have a pipe, but I did have foil but I was too scared haha. Now I know!!
  12. High

High as a kite

In my oppinion its just dirty.. I know it has no potential health risk's but I just do not want to risk inhaling anything metal.
    Also using them for me is scary now, a couple years ago I was hanging with a buddy and we had nothing to smoke out of, so we made an aluminum foil pipe.. Well after we both took a good 10 hits from it, it was my buddy's turn again. He lifted the pipe to his mouth, light the lighter and inhailed till the bowl was gone. While he was near the end of the bowl he jumped up and started spazzing out. After about 5 minutes of this I called 911.

He got a piece of the aluminum lodged down his throat hole. He was very lucky he wasnt cut up from it or burnt the doctor said. And that is why I do not like using aluminum pipes anymore.
  13. Back before I could afford my own pipes I used aluminum to make pipes with. They always tasted shitty, they hardly ever hit great, on top of that it looks like crap. In my opinion if you're not old enough get someone 18 to buy you a glass pipe from a smoke shop. Most glass pipes here start at 10 and work up to 100's or more.
  14. High

High as a kite

You have to be 18 in America to buy pieces?!? In Canada you only have to be 16, thats weird..
  15. zappy

zappy Pondering Primate

Over here in Australia a child is allowed to buy a bong. It's strange how the laws surrounding weed are so inconsistent.
  16. Castigar2000

Castigar2000 New Member

Oh, man, I remember the old days as a freshman in high school, taking out the tiny dimebag each morning and pulling out a fresh sheet of tinfoil, wrapping it around a pencil, then sticking the eraser in one end and bending it down. But believe me, if you don't have a proper piece by now you're not trying hard enough. Even before I was old enough to get in the head shop, all I had to do was go to my promiscuous lady friend's guy, smoke a few blunts with him and take his little metal pipe off his hands for $10.

As it stands now, I have a nice little collection going. My current favorite (and most recent addition) is my compact-yet-fucktastic glass water bong, which I have dubbed the Phase Disruptor.
  17. GREENFOODGAMES

GREENFOODGAMES I LOVE WEED

they taste like shit
  18. Pennywise87

Pennywise87 New Member

I've used them, they work, but that metallic taste with smoking is just not yummy.
  19. DeadBundy420

DeadBundy420 New Member

Im back to usin the ol' foil pipe tonight, I broke my glass piece on accident. Bummer. The beauty of aluminum foil is it's 99.9 pure metal. The .1 other percent is residue leftover from the manufacturing process. Aluminum does not become molten or gaseous until it reaches 1400 degrees faherenheit, how do I know? I've worked in an aluminum mill that makes both primary and secondary aluminum for 6 years. I have more risks breathing the air at work, let alone worry about a foil pipe. It's safe, the crap about alzheimers and stuff is just a myth. The foil pipe always hits good if made right and works in a pinch, though if I'm feeling crafty I'll use the potato or the apple. Tonight I'm lazy.
  20. DeadBundy420

DeadBundy420 New Member

A tip of advice to avoid that is to double layer it, nice thick sheet fold in half twist tightly, then it won't come off. That would suck though. Damn.