Any luck with vaporizers? Do you get just as high?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Johnny Moronic, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Johnny Moronic

Johnny Moronic New Member

I am thinking of buying one but I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem. I always notice that I don't get fully stoned off them. I feel half-stoned, and never that WOW! feeling, like I'm really stoned, no matter how good the weed. Is this because of the type of vaporizer I am using? Does the actual smoke get you more high than vapors? Is it just something you have to get used to and eventually you start to feel it more? Is there something missing from the vapors that only smoke can do? What type should I buy? What works easiest? Thanks

2. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Vaporizers get you more "high" than "stoned". For me, that's a plus. YMMV The feeling you're looking for may come from cannabinoids that boil off at higher temperatures and non-cannabinoid compounds that are byproducts of incomplete combustion.

3. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

I used to not like vaporizers, but I'm slowly beginning to realize how much more I would benefit from one.

4. Nepo

Nepo Sr. Member

The high I get from my vaporizer isn't as heavy as smoke high. It still gets me pretty high though, especially after a T-break.

+ points for my health too!

5. feedyourhead

feedyourhead Girly Girl

I had a roommate that owned a volcano and I always had a hard time catching a buzz, mostly because we always used it when we had a lot of heads probably. So, I got kind of disenchanted with it for a while. However.... ex-roomie let one of our mutual friends borrow it to use while she was pregnant, and she is now about to give birth. Ex-roomie moved out of town with parents so I am holding on to his volcano until he goes back to school.... This happens to be an extremely appropriate thread as I literally JUST smoked my first bag in a loooong time with some middies I have.. I'm impressed with how high I am for the amount and grade of weed I put in. Not higher than usual I don't think, but I'd say I'm sold now......... ;)

6. Nick-ay

Nick-ay New Member

I really really like my new vape, but I only like smoking mids out of it. I enjoy tasting the nuggets and the vape doesn't really allow for that as easily.

Whenever I first bought it and my boyfriend and I figured out the correct settings to use, etc, we described the high as "little kid high". You know that high you had the first time that you ACTUALLY got high (not just smoked weed). I still smoke weed everyday but I really enjoy having the vape around. As a warning, a vape really isn't a party piece. You usually don't get as high if you're smoking with 4+ heads.

Go ahead and buy one. Research it. Find some other people that own one that you can try. But most of all, take your time and it will be worth it.

7. 5drive

5drive Slacker

As Buzzby said, smoke gives you a few extra sedative compounds for that wasted, sleepy feeling. And smoke toxins like CO and benzene are also sleep inducing in a big way. Those however, have nothing to do with active cannabis compounds. With vapor you get a cleaner, healthier high.

2 people like this.
  8. Shellshock

Shellshock Subscriber

I recommend getting one. I was quite skeptical about it, but they really are a benefit in various aspects. You save weed, like alot of weed, it doesn't smell as much or for as long so it's easier to hide, and it takes away any kind of concerns of lung problems associated with smoking. I have just a cheap one in a vaporgenie and use it over my other pieces almost everyday, that is unless i'm with a group.

The high is different, but in no way less powerful. It's hard to explain, but those with vapes can understand.

2 people like this.
  9. SpiralSpindle

SpiralSpindle Sr. Member

I recently got a vape (magic flight to be specific) and when I use it I feel the high come on slower and at the beginning or just a tiny amount of weed will just give me a really strong head high. But when I smoked a bowl out of this thing, after I was finished, while putting things away I was blown away. It was such a head high that I could feel the pureness of the body too, if you can under stand that, but I was VERY high. You just don't feel so sluggish, unless you get really lazy when high then I don't think it makes much difference, but I dont feel drogged down or too blurred as much as smoking. I know feel that I'm getting just the chemical high and not the combustion high. It's lovely.

Not to mention, it lasts much longer for me. Not sure if this is the same with other people, but when I vape the amount that I would normally smoke I get slightly higher and it usually lasts from 1-3 hours longer.

10. yoshi31

yoshi31 New Member

Exactly I have found that with vaporizers your high last longer, but you don't get the burnout feeling as with smoking. I switched to my homemade vaporizer and I really like it. But from time to time I like to smoke out of my glass pipe

11. Herbania

Herbania Don't fear the reefer

Like Shellshock said, you save a LOT of weed. Weed hasn't been cheap for a longtime, owning a vaporizer can mean that expensive hydro you have will last a lot longer. I got a whip style vaporizer and I consume roughly half as much over smoking from a bong or pipe. It just doesn't hit you as fast as smoking and lasts longer. I often over do it , smoke a few bowls more than I needed and get dizzy as shit. The hits taste so good sometimes I just keep taking them, like inhaling a whole pine forest or a field of flowers in one breath. Sweeter than the sweetest bong hit. So sweet they sometimes make me sneeze a funny dry sneeze like when champagne tickles my nose right before i drink it.

Only time I smoke is before bed now.

12. SpiralSpindle

SpiralSpindle Sr. Member

Haha. Exactly how my first time with my new launch box was. I'd only vaped a few times before and I just over did it cause I wasn't feelin it much. But it came on harddddd. About an hour later when the hookah was out I wanted to check if I was doin the French inhale correct. (Which I was! :) ) So I got up to look in a mirror and I could barely walk. Soooo stoned. But it was great.

I love vaping. Lots.