Anyone drink Green Tea?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by NaturalMystic79, May 15, 2002.

1. I've come to the conclusion that any herb on the earth is a gift from God that we are to use and enjoy. I've been doing alot of research and have been drinking 2-3 cups of green tea a day. It is very beneficial to the body and contains the most powerful antioxidant, polyphenol, which is linked to reduce the aging process, cleaning your teeth, reduced risk of cancer (up to 44%) and increased state of mind and well being.

Anyone else drink green tea? I've heard the leaves are that of a specific kind of evergreen tea.

2. dave22

dave22 New Member

i drink arizona green tea

3. Buddjitsu

Buddjitsu New Member

Not quite three cups a day but I try to have a cup or so a week. Otherwise I like to drink detox (peach or regular), jasmine, or mandarine tea. mmm yummy.

4. weedzinger

weedzinger Seasoned Activist

I love green tea. But I drink Sobe more.

5. chromevixen

chromevixen Guest

i like green tea... i used to drink it a lot more, as a substitute for my morning coffee, but lately i just drink coffee usually cuz my boyfriend is one of those tea-is-for-pussies kinds of people (well not really but he seems to be very prejudiced against healthy food).
    -cv-

6. butyleson

butyleson New Member

I have come to the conclusion that green tea is one of the best things you can put into your body. I suggest you read about it. (and DRINK it - there are lots of tasty green tea blends if you don't care for the taste of plain green tea)

Benefits of green tea

7. ADR531

ADR531 New Member

i love drinking green tea. after a night of smoking in the morninggreen tea is good for my throat and soothing. i recommend trying it if u haven't.

8. St0ney

St0ney Jr. Activist

I drink arizona green tea aswell

about once a week.. just for the taste :yummy: but now that I find this out.. I'm gunna have to drink some every day. ;)

Thanks NaturalMystic79 for the 411. :thumbsup:

Grow on!

9. DarkkDiablo

DarkkDiablo New Member

i have a hot mug of tea only a few times a month, when im in the mood...it's usually this rasberry or strawberry stuff my mom has, loaded with sugar....

i've had green tea only once, and it was awesome..it had no sugar or anything either...

:wave:

10. blue21

blue21 Guest

I drink green tea all the time. But I also read a study about a correlation between green tea (and other hot beverages) and throat cancer. It seems that pouring hot stuff down your throat is bad for it. So maybe smoking mj and drinking hot stuff is not a very good combination for your throat. I still drink green tea and think it's one of the healthiest things out there, but now I wait for it to cool down a bit before I start drinking.

11. I always drink it cold. Arizona sells their GT in 1/2 gal. cartons, like milk! I go through one of those every three or four days. I think GT and MJ are a great pair.

blue21, I read about a correlation between charred meat and throat cancer. But screw that. I'll just drink more green tea with my burnt ass meat :D My point is that basically ANYTHING that could POSSIBLY mutate a cell is correlated with cancer. So, don't be too careful or you won't have any fun.
    :burnup: :wave:

12. blue21

blue21 Guest

Yes, anything charred will cause cancer, and cancer is a leading killer in North America, so I think it's a good idea to try to cut back on charred foods. Of course you should eat and drink what you want and enjoy life. But the real problem occurs when you have something daily or many times a day, and green tea is that sort of thing. I would not feel comfortable having four cups of tea a day along with a joint or two. I like to minimize as much risk as possible, and drinking cooler green tea is a good solution.

By the way, they did studies and found that drinking green tea makes you life something like 6% longer. :) Just another reason to drink more!

13. HitTheHammeR

HitTheHammeR New Member

if im not mistaken, the healthiest thing to put in one's body is a handful of hemp seeds, once a day

remember tho guys...
    too much of anything, even green tea, is BAD;)

14. Faerywings

Faerywings New Member

I had an awful night tonight, I mean it was just horrible. I was so stressed on the drive home and I stopped at Cumberland farms and got three bottles of green tea with honey (they were on sale so hey why not?). I'm half way through my second bottle and I feel alot beeter. Maybe its because I've calmed down a bit but I don't know drinking this tonight at least helped me chill. And plus it tastes damn good if you get the right kind!

15. I...need...MORE DAMN GREEN TEA!

Well, christ, I've made myself out to be some sort of Green Tea addict or something. I suppose I do drink a good deal of it, but perhaps the 1/2 gallon per three days is a little exaggerated. :D I was just happy about green tea at the moment. :rolleyes:

I do, however, always drink it cold. Not hot. :redhot: I also drink lots of water and other things. I would liken my green tea intake to that of coffee for a moderate coffee drinker.

Mmmm. :liplick: It's good. <sip>

16. Shaba Zero

Shaba Zero New Member

I drink a pitcher of iced green tea every day while working.

It's pretty simple to make, tastes better than regular water, and having the pitcher within arm's reach ensures that I drink enough water every day. Makes you pee like crazy to drink that much though. But it doesn't seem to hurt me, so I don't see any reason why to stop. :)

17. Herb Ninja

Herb Ninja Seasoned Activist

Tea is good.

Thats a great substitute for coffee. Your boyfriends a ***** for thinking like that. Why be prejudice about health foods? Drink what you like, your boyfriend will do the same. Peace-

18. vaya

vaya Activist

I dont currently, but I will start drinking it as soon as I have the money! How expensive is it for a week's worth...like....a cup a day?

19. Snoogins

Snoogins New Member

I've got a bottle of Arizona Green Tea that I'm nursing right now. I try and work in at least one a day.
    Favorite's the Mandarin Orange one.

20. ADR531

ADR531 New Member

yea i go out to bj's or cosco/walmart and buy the big huge arizona 2gallon container. it's only llike 1.99 for it and at the grocery it's 99cents for a 12oz one. i like drinking it too. i think im gonna buy the packets of other brands of tea and try just making it.:p