Anyone heard about the vapor pen?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by sanfranciscosadhu, Apr 21, 2010.

1. sanfranciscosadhu

sanfranciscosadhu New Member

Last weekend I went to the Cannabis expo at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. A pretty interesting and big event attended by 15000 people in total.
    One thing that got my attention was the so called vapor pen. You cannot put herb in it but a liquid formula that is being sold at some dispensaries in the LA area. The "vapor" looked more like a mist to me, yet I was intrigued especially with the stealth of this device.
    Didn't buy one though as the liquid extract is not (yet?) available in dispensaries in San Francisco. Has anyone here tried this device and if so what's your experience?
  2. Kushy

Kushy down

Liquid formula? I didn't know there was a way to put thc into a clear liquid solution. It sounds a bit like the e-cig, except with THC mist instead of nicotine mist. If it worked, and was stealth, I would definitely buy it. I'm gonna be stoked once that liquid THC shit hits the shelves.

sanfran: Do you know how much the pen and liquid costs?
  3. Kushy

Kushy down

Just looked on youtube and found something, although I think it's the nicotine version. Is this the same thing you were talking about?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs9Q3_7hZLE]YouTube - Video Review of the DSE-801 "Classic Pen Style" from E-SmokeyTreats[/ame]
  4. Le0n

Le0n New Member

Apparently, I have heard of E-Cigs able to use hash oil, glycerine tinctures ect.

Im sure they can get a MJ extract and use it no problems.
  5. Charley

Charley New Member

its just a e cig I already checked them out. the liquid works just as well in any standard e cig model. some dispensaries even sell pre loaded cartridges for standard e cig models as well.
  6. sanfranciscosadhu

sanfranciscosadhu New Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I would have responded sooner, but haven't been on line for a while. What the people at the vapor pen booth told me was that while they use some components that are used in e-cigarettes, this particular device is specifically for cannabis. Apparently the heat required for nicotine is higher then for the herb. I was and am intrigued by the concept, yet disappointed to not have heard from people who actually used the liquid formula. In that sense I'm happy I did not buy the pen as I have not seen the needed liquid at any dispensaries in the Bay area (yet?). Also they were selling the pen For $100, apparently a $20 discount as they were normally $120.
    I'll keep checking with various dispensaries in my area (San Francisco) and will let you know if I find out more.
  7. trancemen

trancemen New Member

u maybe able to mix the vg or pg with the honey oil hash oil and then vaporize it thru an electronic cigarette i recomend u the kr 808 d or joy e 510 xl mega hits like a locomotive cheers search for recipes iso hash is the best