Are there legit purple strains?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by Zuro155, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Zuro155

Zuro155 New Member

I know that growers will often purposely abuse a plant to make it appear purple (lower temperature and harvesting late). I was just wondering if there are actual strains that grow to be naturally purple? If so, what are the strains?
    2 people like this.
  2. Ryan 4891

Ryan 4891 New Member

yes. color can be changed to purp if u lower the temp. during growing../ ive had purple kush before (had purp on the inside) i had this 1 bag that was totally purple hardley any green. (wasnt the best shit) i also remember having these little hard nugs when u broke um up purp was on the inside. o also has granddaddy purp, and grape ape before. nothing too special about purp. the best strains ive smoked didnt have purp in them. its just a color...its all about the genitics of the plant, how u grow them, and the love u show ur plants, and how educated u are when it comes to growing, and they know all their shit....( from seed to plant, to harvest, to trim, to curing.) thats who i want growing my weed. a smart ass pothead who loves the holy herb as much as me
    4 people like this.
  3. Zuro155

Zuro155 New Member

Thanks for letting me know I am new to the smoking scene and being that I am obsessed with the color purple, I was interested in smoking purp. I didn't want to get shitty weed made to look like its a purple strain and then getting me to pay more (damn people taking advantage of my tendencies to like pretty things D:) so as long as the plant is nurtured well then color has nothing to do with the quality. Have you ever smoked a purple strain that you particularly liked?
  4. Ryan 4891

Ryan 4891 New Member

oh yes. I remember liking that purple kush very much. it was frosty with tons of crystals. Bottom line, if you have an experienced grower who know's his cannbis, and know's how to properly grow, cut down, harvest, trim, dry, and cure weed then your in good shape. there are TONS of other factors that u need to consider as does the grower. growing marijuana is an art. it takes practice, patience, long hours, hard work, and concentration to grow a weed plant from start to finish. not to mention all the inspections a professional grower will do, and need to do. (spider mites, budrot, air flow, room temp...etc..) list goes on and on and i dont even grow! having a good strain is just as important. knowing when to plant, when to harvest, how long to dry,...etc all that stuff man. its SOOOOOO MUCH!! but thats why i love it, its so damn much but its SO damn interesting to me! good strain, properly grown, harvested, cured, trimmed, from a experienced grower who didnt have any problems in his harvest (never has probs with anything, thats what i want) and your getting high! time to hit my bowl dammmn
    2 people like this.
  5. Zuro155

Zuro155 New Member

Now bare with me here: The crystals are good because why? (I feel like I should know more about this xD) Well I'm just glad that I don't have to grow them because I constantly forget that I actually own a cactus >.< I was very interested in how the plant was grown and everything because there are so many factors that go into it and how people are so dedicated to it is beyond me. I guess appreciating the art to its fullest hasn't come to me yet.

And i know that price varies from place to place, but on average, how much more expensive do you think legit purple strains are?
  6. Ryan 4891

Ryan 4891 New Member

the crystals, also known as trichomes. Tric's contain the most THC in the plant (THC gets u high). when u get a good bag of dro and just look at the nug, all those little "teardrop" pieces is what u wanna smoke. (looks like a legit teardrop so thats what i call em.) anyway all the crystals on the weed is basically what gets u high. also smoke the orange hairs, some of the extra leaf if u want, but the crystals is the main part gettin u high. rule if thumb: is the weed is caked up with trics and shines bright under light, most likely its gonna get u super high. legit purp strains should be around the same price as normal dro prices. 20$ for a Gram, 60 an 8th, 110-120 for quarter, 200ish half, 340-360 for a full oz. (28 grams) .but some street people will fuck with u and try to tax u just cuz it has purple in it.
    2 people like this.
  7. Zuro155

Zuro155 New Member

Haha thanks for the stupid person explanation (although you can assume that I know the basics such as THC is what gets you high) so crystals = good. If I ever decide to buy a purple strain and they are trying to tax me, should I just not do the deal or what? (I'm not used to buying).
  8. aly1170

aly1170 New Member

Don't get any, if your weary about it just get some real sh*t until you have had a free sample of the purple stuff like if your mate buys it and you buy some green green(see what i did there) just have some of his and let him on some of yours like one joint each
  9. Ryan 4891

Ryan 4891 New Member

naw u dont gotta walk away from it. if it looks good and they are nice looking nugs, and it smells good to you then just get a little amount or somthing... not all purp is bad! most purp is indica which makes u feel heavy, mello, and just feel like sitting on ur couch
  10. Zuro155

Zuro155 New Member

Oh well I just found someone who is selling purp and I'm trying to figure out the strain to do research on it and see whether it is a sativa or an indica. So most are indica? What are the strains that are more sativa? I think I would prefer sativa. All the strains I have tried, I haven't actually known the strain. And I got offered like $30 for 2 g's (I don't know if that is good or not xD) for some purp but again, I'm going to make sure its actually a purple strain before buying.
  11. Zuro155

Zuro155 New Member

Alright I mean either way, I'll test the purp before hand if I can. I don't want to spend good money on shit.
  12. Ryan 4891

Ryan 4891 New Member

you know i cant think of any purp sativa strains off top my head..idk if there really are. but sativa strains in general...jack herer, Durban Poison, super silver haze, and i found this stuff called purple power bud, (never heard of it but says its sativa.)
  13. Zuro155

Zuro155 New Member

This is like the 3rd time trying to post this >.< anyway, I bought .5g of some stuff called crazy purp (although I don't think it's a purple strain). I have yet to try it, but it's supposedly good. I'm not too worried about whether or not it is because I only spent $10. have you tried any of those strains? and do you like indica or sativa better?
  14. Ryan 4891

Ryan 4891 New Member

never tried any of the ones i mentioned, never tried what u got for 10$, but i know i have had pure indica and prob damn near close to pure sativa. I will take a good strong indica over sativa anyday! i perfer indica because i just like that heavy feelin u get behind ur eyes, and in ur chest. another reason id take indica is i just like zoning out too. and sativa doesnt let me do that nearly as much. i can take 1 hit of dank indica and feel high, while it would take 2/3 sativa puffs to feel the same way.
  15. Zuro155

Zuro155 New Member

Oh haha yeah I haven't tried the $10 stuff either yet. I might tonight though. And I think I would prefer sativa, but I don't think I have tried any of that yet. I have gotten the droopy eye feeling and in the morning after smoking I feel the same way and I'm a bit sluggish until about midday. I don't think I need to zone out anymore than I do already sober though! I would have to try almost pure indica and pure sativa to find out what one I like more I guess.
  16. Ryan 4891

Ryan 4891 New Member

yea another good way to tell is the extra leaf left on the bud. smaller skinier leaves are sativa, and the fat leaves are indica.
  17. Zuro155

Zuro155 New Member

Hm I'll have to check if I ever get a leaf on anything I buy
  18. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

Purple haze all in my brain!!!!
  19. Zuro155

Zuro155 New Member

Purple haze sounds goooooood lol xD
  20. OGLucifer

OGLucifer New Member

Apparently that song is about tabs of acid called purple haze and not weed, but people took the name anyway and used It for bud