b2 vitamin - false positive?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by maryganja, Feb 13, 2007.

1. maryganja

maryganja Banned

I was just reading an article about what things can cause a false positvie for THC..you know, things like Ibuprofen...marinol etc. well i was going down the list and i see " Vitamin B2 - Ribflavin "..im like oh shit..don't you have to take a bunch of those when you dillute to get a nice colored sample? and i'm like how is it gunna cause a false positive if it's just a freakin vitamin? you know?
    apparently b2 is made from hempseed oil (or atleast some if not all) whitch contains a very small amount of THC. does anybody have anything to say about this?
    j/w
    peace
  2. 1tokeovertheline

1tokeovertheline New Member

I don't know where you read it but with GC/MS there aren't any false positives.
  3. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

I've never heard of this and I've read thousands of posts in this forum over the last several years. It's not listed in our 2006-updated "Fooling the Bladder Cops" section on false positives.
  4. maryganja

maryganja Banned

here

Not saying I agree with this site but this is what it says:

Substances or Conditions which can cause false positives
    Ibuprofen; (Advil, Nuprin, Motrin, Excedrin IB etc)
    Naproxen (Aleve)
    Ketoprofen (Orudis KT)
    Promethazine (Phenergan, Promethegan)
    Riboflavin (B2, Hempseed Oil)
    Kidney infection (Kidney disease, diabetes) Liver Disease
    Dronabinol (Marinol)

heres the site, info's at the bottom of the page:
    Erowid Cannabis Vault : Drug Tests
  5. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

We've been recommending that people facing a UA should take a hefty dose of B-Complex vitamins to provide a nice yellow color. My B-Complex tablets contain 5882% (100 mg) of the minimum daily requirement for B-2. We haven't heard anything about false positives so I doubt that it has that effect.
  6. Secs

Secs New Member

Above is also a quote from that site. This just proves that the site has not been updated in several years as saliva detection times are common knowledge and posted on many laboratory websites along with the SAMHSA website.
  7. maryganja

maryganja Banned

oh ok

well thats good to hear. I just wanted to be sure.
    :wave: peace