B3 Niacin, Facts and Fiction?? My 3week Detox program....

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by B3ForMe, Sep 7, 2007.

1. B3ForMe

B3ForMe New Member

First off this route of Detox is not meant for people who have a test tommorow or the day after, so if this is what your looking for please continue searching. This does NOT suggest using the dilution method for passing a UA. This is all based on information I have gathered and have practiced and currently practice to detox my body completely for some of the most rigorous Lab Ua/Blood tests around. So here goes:

1. If Niacin (Vitamin B3) is used in conjunction with working out, I have read this can speed up the rate at which your body expels the stored THC stored in your fat cells.

2. I have read heard that Niacin (Vitamin B3) is just a masking agent, and should only be taken the day before the test and the morning of the test.

3. I have also read that Niacin is complete Bull Shit and will have no effect with either of these.

My Detox Program and Information:

Products Needed:
    Vitamin B3 250mg (100Quanity) NOT THE EXTENDED RELEASE OR TIME RELEASE
    Sweat Suit (Aka. Sweat Pants and a Hoodie)

Begining with day one and to be continued until 2 days before the UA/Blood Test:

After Waking up take 1 250mg Niacin, and Proceed to run at least 1 mile in your sweat suit. Before running, Eat NO FOOD! This being because if you have no carbs from food for your body to convert to energy you will start burning fat into energy, thus releasing the THC stored in your fat cells and allowing you to sweat them out. This will be trapped in the sweat suit, so be sure to wash it after every work out so you dont reabsorb your toxins your trying to remove. You can start with a lower distance if your out of shape, because the second part of the day is harder.

Eat a good breakfast, Get plenty of Protein: I suggest like 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, Some shreaded wheat cereal and maybe a glass or two of Carnation Instant Breakfast. This should give you plenty of your daily suppliments you'll need.

During the day, around noon take 1 more 250mg Niacin. This will keep the good blood flow and help keep your metabolism running strong. I would also suggest eating 4-5 small meals consisting of vegtables and fruits, and not to eat 3 big meals. This is also a good tip but you can alter any of these SUGGESTIONS as you please.

Early afternoon/Late evening I would reccomend using the daily workout routine at Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness this is a combination of Cardio and some weight lifting. Again take 1 250mg Niacin before this routine. And wear your CLEAN sweat suit so you do not reabsord the toxins you release in your sweat.

Repeat this routine daily until two to three days before your UA/Blood test. The day after you stop your work out routine, I would reccomend stopping the Niacin, because some UA tests actually test for this drug. I would proceed to drink about 70oz of water for the next two days, this can be replaced with gatorade or cranberry juice just to remove the Niacin, which is water soluable unlike the Toxins in your fat cells. Be sure to urinate as much as possible. And then quit drinking this water the night before your test. The morning of the test, I would drink 2 20oz Gatorades and Piss/Give blood with confidence. This method has never let me down. I am an everyday allday smoker, and believe this to be MY only way to completely clean out my system without using dilution/substitution.

Here is just 1 fact I know about Niacin, you can do some more research:

Why do we need niacin? Niacin is one of the B vitamins. Sometimes it is called vitamin B3. We need niacin for our bodies to use the energy in carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Niacin also is needed for DNA repair and for the normal use of calcium in the body.

2. B3ForMe

B3ForMe New Member

Dont get scared of the Niacin Flush when your skin sometimes turns red and you itch. with 250mg this effect is not that bad and after 3 -4 days this effect will most likely wear off. The time to get used to the drug thus stopping these side effects is different for everyone but the Flush is in fact a POSITIVE thing, it lets you know the drugs are working......Good Luck!!!

3. Jerry G

Jerry G Sr. Member

That is complete bullshit...

4. B3ForMe

B3ForMe New Member

Haha, Okay...That's why i've passed 3 UA tests and 1 Blood test off doing this exact same thing. 2 UA Tests being at the MEPS for the Military. Where you can't dilute and you cant have Creatine and Niacin and shit in your system above normal levels or you will fail as well. But you continue to believe what you want and waste your money on stupid shit like Detox Drink and give your kidneys a good workout with all your water. Noob.....Get a life Jerry!

[Mod note: Changing it from a 4-letter word to a plain put-down changes nothing. It is still a flame and against guidelines. - sec]

5. B3ForMe

B3ForMe New Member

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]The niacin "flush"[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]It's important to note that this niacin flush is not harmful or dangerous. Some people worry about it, but it is actually a sign of improved blood flow.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]When you get the niacin "flush", it's an indication that the niacin is causing small blood vessels in your body to be expanded in size. Many of your small blood vessels, called "capilaries" are so small that blood cells can only go through them in single file. Sometimes, in fact, that small capilary passageway is clogged and blood doesn't get through at all.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [​IMG]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]While the large organs of the body all have blood supplied from large arteries, a great deal of your body, particularly the parts near the skin, get their ONLY supply of blood (therefore also of oxygen and nutrients) from these small capillaries. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]The niacin causes these small capilaries to expand - so they might be able to carry 2 or 3 blood cells at the same time. This is a tremendous increase in blood flow.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]You experience this as a "flushing" of the skin, simply because there is more blood close to the surface of the body. As the blood flows in these areas, the cells of the small capilaries will also be getting rid of their waste products, and often they produce 'histamine' as part of this process. That histamine is another natural substance produced by every cell in the body when a cell is under attack, or is eliminating toxins. Histamine causes an 'itchy' feeling.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]Niacin and detoxification of fatty tissues[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]There are many 'detoxification programs' on the internet, but few of them acknowledge the significant fact that many toxins are stored in FATTY TISSUES. Until that fact is acknowledged, one can not develop a procedure for removing toxins from THAT location. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [​IMG]

Niacin has the well-known effect of causing "vasodilation", often called the niacin flush, which is an opening of the small blood vessels, the capillaries, so that more blood flows through them. These are the blood vessels which are of most value in reaching fatty tissues. In this way the toxins which are stored in these fatty tissues can be removed, into the bloodstream, and processed out of the body. However, niacin is also made in the form of niacinamide - a form of vitamin B3 which, deliberately, is manufactured so that it will NOT cause dilation of the blood vessels - the flush so well known when using plain niacin. A detoxification program which features the use of niacinamide and also claims to improve blood circulation would be based on false science.
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]Some detoxification programs don't even recognize that the toxins they claim to be removing are stored in fatty tissues. The idea of removing these toxins by some procedure which does not include niacin is not practical.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

6. B3ForMe

B3ForMe New Member

References

1. Capuzzi DM, Guyton JR, Morgan JM, Goldberg AC, Kreisberg RA, Brusco OA, Brody J. Efficacy and safety of an extended-release niacin (Niaspan): a long-term study. Am J Cardiol. 1998 Dec 17;82(12A):74U-81U.
    2. Cunningham JJ. Micronutrients as nutriceutical interventions in diabetes mellitus. J Am Coll Nutr. 1998 Feb;17(1):7-10.
    3. Gardner SF, Marx MA, White LM, Granberry MC, Skelton DR, Fonseca VA. Combination of low-dose niacin and pravastatin improves the lipid profile in diabetic patients without compromising glycemic control. Ann Pharmacother. 1997 Jun;31(6):677-82.
    4. Goldberg AC. Clinical trial experience with extended-release niacin (Niaspan): dose-escalation study. Am J Cardiol. 1998 Dec 17;82(12A):35U-38U.
    5. Greenbaum CJ, Kahn SE, Palmer JP. Nicotinamide's effects on glucose metabolism in subjects at risk for IDDM. Diabetes. 1996 Nov;45(11):1631-4.

7. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Niacin does absolutely nothing that will help you pass a drug test.

As for your anecdotal evidence, the fact that you used niacin before the test and passed in no way implies that you passed because of the niacin. That's the same kind of fallacious logic the prohibitionists use to "prove" that mj is a "gateway drug".

You can dilute for any UA. You have to have your creatinine with normal ranges, which you can do by supplementing or eating a lot of red meat. Drug tests do not check for niacin.

Expensive detox products, when they work at all, work by dilution. The dilution method described in this forum is a tried and true methodology. It costs next to nothing. Drinking the right amount of water directly before the test is part of that method.

2 people like this.
  8. Secs

Secs New Member

I see your references, you got anything written in this century? At least less than 9 years old...:rolleyes:

9. Jerry G

Jerry G Sr. Member

Look, you obviously don't know shit about me(or drug testing, blood tests and UAs have nothing to do with each other).

I am not new to drug testing or this site. I have spent many hours here coaching people to pass drug screens. I don't preach bullshit or detox drinks.

I do know that you are perpetuating an urban legend, and you are going to make someone fail if they follow your instructions.

Oh, I happen to have a great life, thank you.

10. Gottagetclean

Gottagetclean New Member

So folk, how do I pass this piss test then? I'm try'na go fill out this app for this job, and the dirty urine is all that stands in my way.

I'm really Not down with turnin' red anyway, so fuck niacin methods. What is a sure fire way (so long as properly executed) I can get rid of this THC in my system?

Oh yea, asap! What is the fastest time I can clean my system of the good THC?

Thanks

11. FakeBoobsRule

FakeBoobsRule Nice legs are a must (LC)

Gottagetclean, all the answers are here if you just look around or use the search feature. You have just asked so many general questions that get answered all the time before from how to get clean to how long. There are some stickies at the top of the forum you should read then post more specific questions. We like people to pass but we like it even more when people do some research first and help themselves.

12. smokeymcpot42088

smokeymcpot42088 New Member

What a horrible contradictory way to have a first post... but whatever flame me away.

Is there any debate whatsoever that niacin speeds up your metabolism therefor burning fat? Im under the impression that this is just a FACT. So why on earth wouldnt it help clear your system out sooner, assuming you have a few weeks a couple niacin a day should help by speeding up your metabolism (which is the basic goal right?) ? If im missing something, please correct me.

niacin point numero doso (much less valid) "Niacin, when taken in large doses, blocks the breakdown of fats in adipose tissue, thus altering blood lipid levels." perhaps where the masking idea came from?....granted im citing wikipedia for this information...which is damn retarded.
    ^ T. Katzung, Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 9th ed. p. 570.

13. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Only time and fat-burning exercise get THC metabolites out of you system. There are two ways to pass a UA if you're not clean enough to pass it naturally.

One is a dilution method. You thin your urine by drinking water directly before the test. You take a few readily available supplements for a few days before the test so that your urine won't show up as being diluted.

The other is substitution. You sneak in a sample of fresh clean urine or synthetic urine and supply the test with that, rather than your own urine. Substitution is very difficult if your test is going to be observed.

You'll find instructions for both methods in a sticky at the top of this forum's listing.

That all depends on how much of a buildup of THC metabolites you've got. There are many factors that will determine the level of buildup. How much you smoke. How often you smoke. The quality of the weed you smoke. How recently you've smoked. The rate of your metabolism.

14. smokeymcpot42088

bah you didn't address my questions (however lame they may be).

I just dont get how something that is proven to speed up metabolism and burn fat has no effect, when the basic goal of (drumroll) exersize is to speed your metabolism up.

So if niacin does in fact speed your metabolism up and burn fat, how would it not do something?!?! (I realize its no miracle cure or anything, but it seems to me it would have to help?) I realize im probably wrong, honestly I do. But I would greatly appreciate the issues to be addressed, you know, so I know why im wrong. I realize this is a very anti-niacin forum, but please humor me.

15. FakeBoobsRule

Well your cite reference is incomplete and I don't feel like arguing with Wikipedia because it shouldn't be used as the foremost word but as a basic reference guide.

The roots of the niacin myth go back very far, at least to the early '50's with L. Ron Hubbard, father of scientology. He had no medical training and he claimed to be an expect in everything from marine science to medicine. He believed in a detox program involving niacin over 21 days to help flush the body of toxins. This is still used in his rehab center todays (Narcanon). He had no proof it worked nor has his mindwashed followers proven it helps or works. His followers also believe that delivering a baby should be done as quietly as possible and vitamins cure everything. Think about how stupid this is as it has flaws from THC metabolites are not toxins and many (not all, not most, just a good number of) people probably can pass a drug test after 21 days clean.

Then about 15-20 years ago large doses of niacin were found to help lower some lipoprotein levels in the blood. This probably helped perpetuate the myth. For many years the mechanism of action of how niacin lowers lipoprotein levels was unknown but it is now believed that it works in the liver to prevent formation of some types of lipoproteins. A lipoprotein is a combo of a lipid and a protein. You have probably heard of some such as High Density Lipoprotein and Low Density Lipoprotein. This action by niacin works to prevent the union of the lipid and the protein to form the lipoprotein. It doesn't block the formation of body fat, it does not burn extra body fat, it does not clean adipose tissue and it doesn't burn extra calories.

My source for the mechanism of action of niacin is a reference book called Drug Facts and Comparison. It is updated monthly and is the best source of information on prescription and over the counter drugs. It blows a PDR away as for those who do not know this about the PDR, it is incomplete and manufactors have to pay to put their drugs in it. The Facts and Comparision I looked in needs its 2007 updates put in it but I feel safe in that it is quite accurate. Sorry I can't link it as your have to pay for its online version.

2 people like this.
  16. smokeymcpot42088

A thousand Thank yous!!!!!!! So niacin does not really speed up metabolism, and the bottle is lying to me? (not far fetched or anything).

I figured the "blocking of released fats" was basically bullshit, but I did believe it speeds up metabolism, seems like I feel my heart beating faster, which is a sure sign of increased metabolism?
    But this is not true, Niacin does not speed up metabolism? (main question)

Please do not take this as an arguement, you seem to be the man to talk to around here so I heed your advice with great respect. Just require a bit of clarification, than I will let this thread die forever, promise.

oh yea, final note, I realize my sourcing is umm shit. but its all I had to go by, figured I'd ask the experts. (yes i consider you an expert).

17. FakeBoobsRule

Which bottle are you talking about?

Prescription and over the counter drugs fall under great scrutiny from the FDA. Any claims on their packaging must be supported by clinical trials submitted to the FDA and then approved by the FDA. Herbal and dietary supplements do not fall under this rule. A smart marketing staff can carefully word a label to manipulate their label into making bogus claims about niacin.

18. smokeymcpot42088

well currently I have the 500mg "no flush" Niacin as Inositol Hexanicotinate, I am taking two a day (one morning, one night) and definatly feel an increased heart rate. The label says "for increased energy and metabolism" also says "dietary supplement" (sighs in dissapointment)

I could easily switch over to the normal niacin if this would be more beneficial?

Thanks again man...I know this isn't exactly a topic that anyone enjoys debating.

19. lew scannon

lew scannon Banned

Even if there was any solid substantiation to this claim, you want to avoid burning fat three days before your scheduled test anyway. Too many people are under the impression that when fat is burned, THC metabolites are burned out as well. Nothing can be further from the truth.
    When fat cells are burned, the THC metabolites are released back into the bloodstream, to which they eventually end up in your bladder, thus testing positive on the UA. For this reason, all fat-burning activities should be avoided 0-3 days before your scheduled test.

20. smokeymcpot42088

^ completely agreed, you want a slow metabolism in the last few days before the test. Be lazy, eat fatty foods, dont exercise. But untill those last days you want a fast metabolism.

And yes there is substantiation to this claim, just because i'm new here doesnt mean im stupid (doesn't mean Im right either tho)....
    Vitamin B3 (niacin, nicotinic acid, nicotinamide) - sources, benefits, dosage, deficiency, overdose, toxicity

(I did pick the most relevant parts of the article, aka cherry picking, but if you read the whole thing I think you will come to the same conclusion) please do so if you think I took things out of context.

"Vitamin B3 is essential in the metabolism of carbohydrates (to produce energy), fats, and proteins. It also aids in the production of hydrochloric acid, needed for proper digestion. Additionally, vitamin B3 facilitates the body's ability to eliminate toxins.
    Because of its pivotal role in so many metabolic functions, niacin is vital in supplying energy to, and maintaining the integrity of, all body cells. Niacin also assists in antioxidant and detoxification functions"

"Niacin moves fat from tissues for fat metabolism, burning it for energy"

"Vitamin B3 is essential in the metabolism of carbohydrates (to produce energy), fats, and proteins."

Sure the source could be bullshit, but about a thousand others claim the same thing.

edit* again, id like this thread to die quickly, but im just not seeing why it wouldnt work (to extent, it aint no magic, we all know that) The studies in long term niacin use to pass a UA are damn near impossible, since you may have cleaned out naturally without the niacin...I know studies have been done that show it doesn't "mask" THC but thats not what im talking about.