Benadryl and Urine Screening... Help please

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by ripoz4200, May 14, 2007.

1. ripoz4200

ripoz4200 New Member

The day has finally come I have to take my pre-employment test in the next few days. I am still testing positive and I am going to sub and dillute, hoping the situation will allow me to sub. Anyway I have clean urine from a friend that I have tested with a 6 panel from the local drugstore and he is totaly clean. But he has been taking Benadryl the last few days as his allergies have been acting up. SEC does Benadryl show up as a false positive for anything, I assume there should not be any problems as it is an over-the-counter.

Thanks ahead of time.
  2. ripoz4200

ripoz4200 New Member

Thought I had read everything on this site, but I missed the part about Benadryl testing positive for Methadone. Has anyone ever come accross this and how long would you have to refrain from using Benadryl to avoid the false positive for Methadone?
  3. Secs

Secs New Member

DISCLAIMER ALERT: -just guessing here, as I am not a pharmacist or physician-

I would think that an over the counter medication would wear off within at best, 12 hours. You said you tested it with a 6 panel test. Did it trip the amphetamine? If no, that is a good sign.

Did your 6 panel test have a specific test pad for methamphetamine? If so, and it was negative, that is an even better sign that you can use the urine.
  4. 1tokeovertheline

1tokeovertheline New Member

According to hits from a google search....benadryl doesn't show up in "routine" drug test.