Best MJ study in existence states that MJ lowers IQ

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by InfectedWithMJ, Aug 27, 2012.

1. InfectedWithMJ

InfectedWithMJ New Member

2. SourDieselMan

SourDieselMan New Member

Total BS i think, I've been smoking since junior high and I'm now two years into college with a 3.5 gpa

3. InfectedWithMJ

GPA is not the same as IQ. You would need to measure it throughout your life.

4. InfectedWithMJ

5. lonelyjimmyg

lonelyjimmyg New Member

o_O This so-called study is PURE BS in my case at least. Took an IQ test in 7th grade and came out with a score of 135. Took 1 again in 2002 and scored 145. I can guarantee you that I would attain that score or higher.:D So whose side are you REALLY ON ANYWAY???:fencers:

:woohoo::hippy:PEACE & POT EVERYWHERE :note::hippy:

6. InfectedWithMJ

You need to look at averages and not specific people. There are super smart potheads out there but that does not mean that the study is BS.

7. James Hodson

James Hodson Guest

Yeah we make up a load of bullshit in this country, and even though BBC is sought out to be the pride of terrestrial television, it's not, and it conjurs up lies too like everyone else. It must just be a bad time at the moment for them and they're needing to step in and defend the anti-weed movement like knobheads.

8. lonelyjimmyg

lonelyjimmyg New Member

:confused: As I asked the 1st time: whose side are you really on? :angry: Please don't evade questions like a politician....

:crazy::hippy:PEACE & POT EVERYWHERE :hippy::rasta:

9. vvicked0471

vvicked0471 Super mod

I don't know if the study is BS or not. I think none of us really can state that it is or isn't with any certainty. I'd be interested to find out where the funding for the study came from. Perhaps the political leanings of those who conducted the study, or the institutions where they work. That being said, there could be nothing to find out about the study. It may be correct.

Too much of ANYTHING can be bad for you. Too much water can cause an unsafe drop in electrolyte levels, too high an oxygen concentration under the right circumstances can be harmful. Considering the fact that the two elements most necessary for our survival can also kill us, it would be naive for us to think that marijuana, however helpful and relatively benign it is, doesn't have some sort of harmful side effects...

2 people like this.
  10. InfectedWithMJ

I use MJ for medicinal reasons, but I sacrifice myself to the truth. I am not here to pick sides.

11. bfaulkner420

bfaulkner420 New Member

Garbage I get between 85 to 100 in my college classes since i started smoking pot exactly a year ago. Before I started smoking I couldn't concentrate which is why in High School I got bad grades. Believe what you want but the only people that I've seen that have low IQ's and smoke weed are the people who already had low IQ's in the first place. If you want to buy into this BS of a study go for it the rest of us know the truth.

12. James Hodson

James Hodson Guest

BS from this point forward shall now be known as an initialization of Barbara Streisand. Type at will.

5 people like this.
  13. InfectedWithMJ

These individual reports calling it BS are even more BS. You need a similar scientific study that shows the opposite and not provide dogmatic opinions from personal experience.

14. BlazinJays

BlazinJays New Member

IQ is pretty meaningless.

2 people like this.
  15. nugatronica

nugatronica New Member

regardless everyone is different it is not accurate testing at all...

16. claygooding

claygooding DrugWarVeteran

If marijuana caused loss of IQ and marijuana use has increased since 1970,,then why has IQ risen according to all educational surveys? You can't have it both ways.

If marijuana causes schizophrenia then why are the number of people suffering from schizo remained the same percentage per capita as they have been for the last 40 years? Another case where the numbers just don't add up,,and numbers don't lie,,although the prohibitionist scum can cherry pick the statistics and skew the findings to "create" their own evidence of harm.

And NIDA helped fund this study,,that is enough to tell me that it is more false science and research.

3 people like this.
  17. Fumar y Charlar

Fumar y Charlar New Member

18. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

I contend that the best marijuana study in existence is "Super-High Me". :)

The New Zealand IQ study was too small to generate conclusive evidence of marijuana's effect on IQ. It needs to be verified independently by experts not being paid by the prohibitionist machine.

If it turns out to be valid, that's all the more reason why marijuana should be legal for adults while remaining illegal for minors.

19. Fumar y Charlar

Fumar y Charlar New Member

What I wanted to say was that clays post makes the connection that these and other researchers consistently omit and which the public at large fail to realize and that is the research holds no water in the real world.
    I just read a research article YESTERDAY that stated cannabis smoke causes testicular cancer in young men who smoke cannabis. Wouldnt the medical community see a recurring theme of testicular cancer and marijuana usage all over the country?! It is absurd. What's sad is that the researcher of the testicular cancer and cannabis smoke link WILL PROOVE in his next research project the biological processes which cause this phenomenon. Talk about drawing the target around an arrow and a complete waste of money!!!

20. nugatronica

nugatronica New Member

absolute waste of time its just a general attempt for people who think MJ is bad to say hey this is what will happen if you smoke! Another brainwashing attempt to claim drugs are bad! complete BS