best way to get resin out of a pipe?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by redsoxfan1204, Mar 10, 2010.

1. redsoxfan1204

redsoxfan1204 New Member

i have used the paper clip method just wondering if there any other ways i could try
  2. Tokeo

Tokeo New Member

This has been asked many times before, but if you are simply looking to get it out (no intent to smoke it), then you can just let is soak in a bag of Iso Alcohol and salt for a few hours. Make sure to wash all of the Alcohol out afterwards. And DON'T shake the bag too much. My pipe shattered when the bag broke whist I was shaking it. This is for glass pieces, not sure about how to clean wood or any others.
  3. jdogg2112

jdogg2112 Sr. Member

Clean it with a solvent. Rubbing alcohol is cheap and widely available. Get at least 90% alcohol. I think you'll be surprised how well it works, and how quickly the alcohol turns a dark brown.

There's no reason to save or smoke resin.
  4. 024

024 Sr. Member

Resins still have collected THC molecules and can get you high.
  5. lxcarnagelx

lxcarnagelx New Member

ya rubbing alcohol and salt will do the trick, works amazing with any glass or ceramic smoking device
  6. Zocalo

Zocalo Sr. Member

What about those cheap metal pipes? Same method I'm guessing...
  7. jdogg2112

jdogg2112 Sr. Member

The swill at the bottom of beer cans the morning after a party still has alcohol in it and can get you drunk, but you don't drink it, do you? Same reason, it's fucking gross...

Edit: okay, if you want to get super duper technical, it's not entirely correct to say that there's no reason to smoke resin. Is it ever a good idea, or do the pros ever outweigh the cons? No.
  8. TokeArtist

TokeArtist New Member

I can't agree with that analagy. the last sip or 2 in a beer can is mostly saliva. Not to mention the fact that smoking resin doesn't taste nearly as bad as a beer left out overnight.
  9. TastyBongWater

TastyBongWater New Member

Yeah dude, smoking resin gets me blazed.
  10. TokeArtist

TokeArtist New Member

Well.... your name is tastybongwater..... obviously your not going to have a problem with resin. Have to imagine resin tastes better than bong water hahaha.
  11. 024

024 Sr. Member

if you see the words Tast next to Bong water, take it as a joke. Resins don't taste that bad, for me it doesn't taste "natural" but it is tolerable.
  12. TokeArtist

TokeArtist New Member

Haha well I didn't actually think he went around tippin back bongs for the flavor. And I like the way you put it... it doesn't taste quite as natural as straight herb but it will get you high and is a great last resort.
    2 people like this.
  13. jdogg2112

jdogg2112 Sr. Member

Resin is mostly junk and a little THC just like swill is mostly junk and a little bit of alcohol. The analogy holds up.
  14. TokeArtist

TokeArtist New Member

But the junk in resin came from the weed, nothing was added, unlike a can where you have spit and other misc shit in the last bit. And as far as THC content I won't believe that it contains that little amount untill someone shows me a source. I've seen a few people say there's little THC left in it, but never provide a source. That may be true but being that I have gotten very high off of resin alone plenty of times its going to take proof for me to believe it.
  15. BayAreaMML

BayAreaMML New Member

cant you just take the resin and make butter or cooking oil with it? and then use that in edibles? that would probably taste a lot better. i dont fuck with resin. other than getting it out of my pieces into the trashcan. but then again i pick up a zip of dank for 135. no shortage in california. ;)
  16. jdogg2112

jdogg2112 Sr. Member

Can you provide a source that says there's a lot of THC in it? Until someone provides a source, neither of us knows. The last thing I need to be spending my time doing right now, though, is looking for a source to prove wrong some kid on the internet who wants to smoke resin.

Nobody's stopping you from smoking that shit if you really want to get high that badly. All I'm saying is that I don't understand it, and view it as a sign of desperation.
  17. jakspar0w

jakspar0w Tak!

I use some crappy tweezers to clean out the bowl part, and some of my old bobby pins to get to the part under the bowl and the stem (?) would that be what you call it? beats me. It works though.
    If all else fails I end up using an incense stick instead of a bobby pin, hahaha!