best way to smoke resin!

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by Thedayoudied, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Thedayoudied

Thedayoudied New Member

yeah so, does anyone know the best way to smoke resin?

ha! just messing.
    now idk what everyone considers "resin" but when i say resin, i am talking about the stuff you scrape from your pipe roll into a ball and light up.
    yeah i know what some of u are thinking, nasty! what a great way to get a headache! doesnt even get you high... etc. but i am smoking some right now and i gotta say after not having weed all damn day this sh*t kicks ass!

so yeah, scrape that pipe out and roll urself a ball. what i do is scrape it from the pipe, usually onto something like a dvd case. Then, i gather it all up and pinch it together into a square-like-ball. lol. keep adding resin til you think you have a decent size. put into center of bowl. smash it down so it is flat on the bottom of the bowl. get something sharp (i used one of them pointy tooth floss things). and poke it. this will separeate it . smoke.
    if ur like me and u dont have a screen on ur pipe, u can avoid getting ash faced by, the best way to explain, sucking air in *slowly* without really inhaling. that make since?

anywho, if something on this doesnt make sense feel free to ask. and i read on some website, may of been this one, that thc of resin only contains like, what, 1% of thc?
    i guess im hella lightweight, because right at this moment in time i feel decently high. moreso buzzed, but i havent smoked all the resin yet!
    plus, i wasnt looking to get "stoned off my ass". well, that actually would be nice, but i has no money.

ok laters guys.:cool:
    tell me what u think or if u already do this method.
    2 people like this.
  2. dont smoke resin its just a mixture of tar and ash.
  3. SpliffDoobious

SpliffDoobious New Member

Resin

Yeah mayn..I dig resin too...Usually if it's real runny I'll wipe it on a pot-stick and burn it like that.Resin seems to have a "richness" about it.Like really good coffee.
    2 people like this.
  4. Thedayoudied

Thedayoudied New Member

well it got me decently high like i said. im broke and had nothing else to smoke!! lay off. Lol.
    2 people like this.
  5. Everlong2019

Everlong2019 Sr. Member

hah ive never actually smoked resin, but it smells so nasty i have no interest in even attempting it. However, if it worked for you...NICE!!
  6. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Smoking Tar & Benzene

Resin seems to have a "richness" about it. Like really good tar.

When I was a little kid I used to love it when they'd come to pave the street and seal the cracks with tar. I liked to sniff the hot tar because it made me feel "weird". :trippy:

Mmmmm! Pipe residue! :vomit: I don't think I could be that desperate to catch a buzz.
    2 people like this.
  7. Everlong2019

Everlong2019 Sr. Member

Hey buzzby you have 666 thanks. Just thought id point that out

Anyway yah, I have never been that desperate to smoke the resin just cuz i cant even stand the smell of my pipe after one use, it is just nasty, and I have a good amount of money so I am pretty much always stocked, but i think if i didnt hate the smell of it and i didnt always have money did prob do it.
  8. Thedayoudied

Thedayoudied New Member

it does smell like ass when you scrape it out and roll it into its little ball. its awful. and it sticks to ur fingers. but when i smoke it the smell isnt too horrible. just like weed, you get used to the smell being there pretty quick.
    2 people like this.
  9. FATHERPARIS

FATHERPARIS Sr. Member

Too many people hate on resin, but hey it's their loss not ours. Resin will get you fucked up, and if you have no money and no bud, resin is the way to go. It isn't asphalt tar that they lay on your street, it is marijuana residue. THC and other euphoric substances are in it, and it still gets you baked on a different level from straight bud.
    12 people like this.
  10. allenlovesgreen

allenlovesgreen Subscriber

Mmmm... Resin is like nasty BBQ sauce. :p

Echoing what FatherParis said, resin does fuck you up. If you have no money or marijuana and you want to get high, then why not smoke it? It's kinda like your last resource. Resin is like your pipe thanking you for all those fun times you used it. Haha, thats the way I see it.

It's not worth my time though, it gets stuck on my fingernails, it hurts my lungs and plus for some reason, it gives me a headache.

just my 2 cents :shrug:
    2 people like this.
  11. starlon

starlon New Member

dude you're supposed to freebase that shit
  12. KMKbuzz4-2-0

KMKbuzz4-2-0 Sr. Member

:cool:
    Close.

It's not just marijuana residue, -(besaides when most connesiour's say resin they mean the resin glands on the buds that look like tiny shrooms to catch the pollen)- , its the residue from the smoke...meaning it does carry all the nasty tar and harmful shit that can be filtered out by a bong. Ever drink bong water? Hell, even just smell it? Thats the junk extracted from the smoke, and if you don't extract it with a bong or some kind of filtering device that same junk gets mixed in with the resin in your pipe...then you smoke it.

Now yes the "resin" will get you high because just like the smoke it carries THC and other psychoactive cannabinoids("euphoric substances"). In fact usually by weight tar...er resin actually has a decent amount of psychoactive chemicals, but it also contains a lot of shit chemicals.

The resin high can be strong at first but the high i usually short lived, not much at all compared to bud itself and leaves you with a headache andn ugky scraped looking bowl.

ALSO: Don't freenase it....come on...dependingn on the texture it might just liquify the second the flame touches it so its always better to have a little bud beneath, or even some ash or piece of a rolling paper so you don't waste it.

Also scraping the bowl is not the way to do it. Go get some 97-99% isopropyl alcohol for $1 and use that as a solvent to loosen the resin up. After a few shakes most of the resin should have came off into the alcohol and then you scrape the rest because it will come off 1000x easier. Then you let it evaporate and have at it.

Jonny D
    6 people like this.
  13. starlon

starlon New Member

Freebasing is the cleanest way. You're right though, it bubbles up. I don't like ruining my screens and making my bowl all nasty looking is why I decided to freebase it. But yeah it's probably not the healthiest route by no means. Damn you Dry Spells.
  14. KMKbuzz4-2-0

KMKbuzz4-2-0 Sr. Member

I hear you about screwing up the screens...thats why if you put a tiny layer of leaf/bud or even ash below the resin it doesn't ruind your screen.

But I would have guessed that a bong or some kind of water filtering device would be the cleanest because of everything it filters out. Hmmm.
  15. FATHERPARIS

FATHERPARIS Sr. Member

Well resin doesn't give me or any of my friends headaches, and if it did I wouldn't smoke it. If I felt shitty afterwards and thought my lungs were hurting, then I wouldn't be smoking it. Maybe you people who have been smoking bud for 15 - 20 years have built a tolerance towards it because you have smoked so much bud in your day, but when I'm in my 30's or 40's I'm sure I won't even have to smoke resin because I'll almost always have enough money to pick up. Unfortunately that isn't the case right now, so times call for RESIN. :D
    6 people like this.
  16. Old Hippie

Old Hippie New Member

I just put mine on top of a bowl of weed. The weed acts like a filter and guarrantees a good long high.
    2 people like this.
  17. starlon

starlon New Member

lol If I have weed, there's no way I'm smoking resin.
  18. chadwick

chadwick Sr. Member

sure resin gets you high but it taste so damn bad and its horrible for your health its just tar that got caught in the pipe instead of your lungs be glad its in the pipe and dont put it into your lungs
  19. Captainwhoosh

Captainwhoosh New Member

I've always smoked my resin even if I have weed, just to not be wasteful. I have to scrape my bowl and slide often because its small and can clog if I dont.

I dont know if it actually helps...but i always smoke my resin through a water piece so I can get a little bit of the nasty stuff out, seems to help a little bit! :mj:
  20. 2slo2run

2slo2run New Member

I never let my bowls get dirty enough to have a smokable quantity of resin...
    Am I missing out? I prefer to keep them clean because it tastes better and a non-stinky pipe is easier to conceal...