Best way to travel with pot

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by wolfman, May 30, 2005.

1. wolfman

wolfman New Member

Hello. I'm driving through about four states and I want to bring about three joints with me to smoke once I get to my destination. I've heard about the supreme court passing laws so drug dogs can be used at routine traffic stops. I've driven this route before, but this year I'm renting a car and am a bit nervous. I'm not planning on smoking on the way, but is there a good way to dodge those dogs? Put the weed in a bag of potato chips or peanut butter, but I'm sure the dogs could smell through it? Thanks to anyone out there that can offer some sound advice.
  2. didorusso

didorusso Jr. Activist

Dogs have their limits too. Put the joints in two or three sandwich bags or wrap them in surround wrap.
  3. bLaZe420

bLaZe420 New Member

if you wanted to be really safe as far as smell goes, wrap them in aluminum foil and put them in an air tight container like a small tupper ware. in an air tight container, foil might even be unnecessary, but you can never be too careful. or a plastic bag sealed air tight works too. might wanna bury it underneath some stuff in your trunk and you shouldn't have a problem at all. it only gets risky when you're trying to smoke in your car while driving.
  4. ke1n

ke1n New Member

Put it on your ass
  5. didorusso

didorusso Jr. Activist

Exagerated! :vomit:
  6. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Best way is heat-sealed plastic bags. Wash and dry bags to remove any residue from the outside.
  7. gravedigger

gravedigger New Member

Years ago I read an interview with Dennis Hopper and he said always carry all of the drugs that you own on you at all times. Never own more than you can safely swallow in 30 seconds.

Two years ago, traveling through St. Cloud, Mn., I was following Hopper's advice but I had too much to swallow ( an ounce). I stopped at a Holiday Inn in St. Cloud. After I checked in I realized that there was a narc dog convention in the motel. There were over 150 dogs from police depts. all over the midwest. I put the stuff in a shirt pocket and hung it in the closet. Then I got drunk with the cops. Had a good time in spite of the paranoia.

Just put the 3 joints where you can get to them quickly and have something handy to wash them down with.

Never underestimate the power of large groups of stupid people.
  8. Sage

Sage New Member

"Two years ago, traveling through St. Cloud, Mn., I was following Hopper's advice but I had too much to swallow ( an ounce). I stopped at a Holiday Inn in St. Cloud. After I checked in I realized that there was a narc dog convention in the motel. There were over 150 dogs from police depts. all over the midwest. I put the stuff in a shirt pocket and hung it in the closet. Then I got drunk with the cops. Had a good time in spite of the paranoia."

dude thats probably the funniest thing i ever heard.
  9. erm_yer

erm_yer New Member

heres the thing

Right, police dogs can smell weed inside a full bottle of washin up liquid so its really hard, u need to put them somwhere with a really potent smell. best bet is to get a small tub of wax, take the wax out, but the weed under it (carry skins and tobaco seperately) and stick the wax back in and leave it for a while that way the wax kinda blocks the smell inside the tub. :wave: sorted
  10. SkyTripper

SkyTripper New Member

Another thing you could possibly consider to conceal such a minimal amount of weed and cover the smell......would be to put it into heat-sealed saran wrap, then maybe wrap it in a little foil and open up a Speed Stick deoderant (temporarily remove the deoderant after you keep twisting the little dial) pop off the plastic base cover and put the weed inside the container. Then put the depderant stick back together and turn the dial so it goes back down as far as possible. Place back in your luggage with all your other stuff.
    Most likely, no dog will ever smell it and no cop would bother with a Speed Stick deoderant unless he was really suspicious of you in the first place and highly suspected you had something to conceal.....even if it were just a small amount of bud.
    Not like its something else that can get you in some really serious trouble or anything.
  11. didorusso

didorusso Jr. Activist

Aren't you guys getting a little bit paranoid. Erm, what you are saying is hard to believe. I passed USA customs, coming from Jamaica, with two grams of weed simply wrapped in sorraund wrap in my briefs. Dogs were at 4-5 feet from me. I was damn scared but nothing happened.
  12. macaroni_420

macaroni_420 New Member

heres a good way to hise it!

best way to hide it , is to get a shampoo bottle and take the plasic off slowly and put your weed in a zip-lock bag( more the 2 bags or so) and then put the lid back on and put the plasic back on and get glue and glue the plasic back on so it looks all new and that show hide it from seeing and smelling from dogs
  13. BartSimpson

BartSimpson Sr. Member

Your hair smells great!

Ah, the old shampoo bottle trick - do you think it works? NO! With all due respect to my friend MinnasotaMann and others who have experienced success with it, this is the principle method that cops get from intel on this site. Further, it is a very specific problem with the x-ray equipment used in screening luggage when flying. Give the shampoo bottle a rest.

If you are not able to travel with a couple of joints without worry, then you ought not travel with bud. It is not that big a deal as long as you do not plan on committing some other asshattery along the way. Maybe you should go for a ride-along and meet some cops, because you will find they have their hands full just with the jerks out there, let alone the stoners with a little bud driving through.

//runs for asbestos panties//
  14. CrashCymbol

CrashCymbol New Member

I know vacum packing things is very helpful when trying to conceal them. *thumbs up* you can buy a cheap vacum sealer for around 20 bucks and its great for keepin' bud for extended periods of time or traveling with it.
  15. erm_yer

erm_yer New Member

bein paranoid is a good thing, that way you look at everything that can go wrong

police dogs CAN smell weed inside a washin up bottle, my uncle used to be in the police force and he told me plenty of ways you can get caught.
    - Told. :D
  16. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

So.....consider yourself as lucky as someone who won the lottery. remember, most people don't win it twice. Just because some people DO manage to get stuff across the boarders doesn't make it a great idea, and certainly not one thats risk free. theres only one surefire method to getting pot through customs......Not doing it! Otherwise, its a gamble, and the reward of a few joints isn't much when compared to the consequences of getting caught. Whats worht more to you....a few hours of highness, or your freedom?
  17. grillmeats

grillmeats No Longer Active

Put In Your Luggage

Put it in your luggage in the trunk and forget about it. Are you saying that you're going to have the cops stop you that have the dogs with them? I haven't seen them on any of the streets that I travel. :eek:
  18. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

I've BEEN stopped by a K-( unit right outside of the town I reside in...they are getting more and more common, and also the supreme court ruled officers can legally detain you until a k-9 unit is called in, without having to even have any SUSPECION of drug activity....which mean ANY stop can result in a dog sniff, if the officer feels like taking up a little of your time....
  19. grillmeats

grillmeats No Longer Active

Sd

South Dakota, that's because they make money on Sturgis every year. I've been there and now if they are using Dogs, there won't be any smoking on the streets anymore. :mad:
  20. rollit31

rollit31 New Member

I think,the dogs might go on command.I have been through a seatbelt check,back when that was a big deal.I had an ounce down my pants,and I was sitting in a cop car with a dog and the old cop.I could smell the weed,and it wasn't even good.I walked away with a $25 seatbelt ticket.