Biblical References To Cannabis

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Mamabudz, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

JoeSixPack...

All I can say to you my lost brother... is Shalom, peace... and I will pray for you that you will find your way through the darkness...

That is "tikkun olam"...the "fixing" of the "World", for which G_d in infinite wisdom has placed us here...You too my friend and brother -- though we may not know the purpose.

So be at peace and do what you must, through G_d's good graces.

Amen

...and have a cookie

Mama Budz

2. Xzoomd

Xzoomd Guest

Eeewh

Presumptions of an inadaquate capitalist....lose the margin or the jewess..or both...or never had either...what's yiddish for Balls.. (t) chuzpah? Could someone spell & define that term for a greek ....b grade concessions are worthless...as are b grade nukes...man has condemned himself in many ways...while seeking the universe within...gold is not native to my gift...nor is my gift gold.

tweetutweetu

~[*|>

3. MJane

MJane Senior Member

Re: Eeewh

Did I miss something here?

4. okay....

:devil: okay thnx for that lool

5. Xzoomd

Xzoomd Guest

:lol:...ramblings of a blazed stoner:D

6. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

:wave:

Hey Xzoomd...

....all I can add is...

...want another brownie? ;)

Hi ho hi ho... I'd rather be high .... :p

Hugz

Mama Budz

7. Xzoomd

Xzoomd Guest

LOL...Long weekend...what can I say?:)

Block Club Party Sat. and of course the fellas gotta start Friday night.:) Haha..phew

8. sarahmax79

sarahmax79 New Member

Gensis 1

This was most interesting reading, and i shall continue to gatjer the knowledge I have found here.
    Thank you for being here.
    I was sure the Bible said man was to husband the plants and animals and use them for his benefit...and I see "man" as "people', even though the Bib;e have a lot of negative stuff about women...there is also some good stuff...Pot ha beenarounf for a million years or so, and yes, our horticulture experts have improved on it, for smoke, but that isn't its' only use..
    For a man to take away what God has given us is wrong.
    But beware the new twist in the legislative sessions...
    danger lurks in the hallowed halls, as does mendacity, duplicity and incredible self-interest...
    Puff in pece, and be prepares for what's coming......Sarah

9. THE GAS MAN

THE GAS MAN Banned

Re: Why do Jews promote drugs to White youth?

I have read your post, seen your pic, and knowing a couple of jews, i would think they are more p**s*ed off than you Nazis, at being associated with Hitler no2.
    A lowley goy.

10. 7thAngel420

7thAngel420 New Member

The Revelation of our LORD, Cannabis & the Bible Pt 1

The Revelation of our LORD

To he or she who reads this, understand this is my desperate cry unto the world if you read this to understand this. If you find this to be of truth then let the truth be known, for the truth shall set us free. What I have attempted to do is prove with out a reasonable doubt that CANNABIS/MARIJUANA SHOULD BE LEGALIZED THROUGHOUT THE WORLD AND ALL OF THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN HELD CAPTIVE BECAUSE OF CANNABIS/MARIJUANA SHOULD BE SET FREE. Therefore proving and providing clear evidence through pure written scriptures that Cannabis will end world wide terror, bring peace on earth, and fulfill the prophecies of the Christian, Muslim, and Jewish faiths.

Cannabis

Main Entry: can·na·bis
    Pronunciation: 'ka-n&-b&s
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Latin, hemp, from Greek kannabis; akin to Old English hænep hemp
    Date: 1783
    1 : HEMP1a
    2 : any of the preparations (as marijuana or hashish) or chemicals (as THC) that are derived from the hemp and are psychoactive

Cannabis was the first plant ever cultivated by man.
    Cannabis in some way or form can be used medically for every form of disease.
    There are different strains of Cannabis used for different medical illnesses.
    There are now strains of Cannabis known as Blueberry, Green Spirit, Purple Passion, Purple Haze, Trinity, Northern Lights and the list goes on and on. Surely the HARVEST IS READY!!

THE CHRISTIAN

GENESIS 1:29
    And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to YOU it shall be for meat

The Tree of Life

The tree of life mentioned in the Holy Bible is referring to the Cannabis Plant:

Genesis 2:9
    And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

After Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden he tells them:

Genesis 3:22
    And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

God commands us to take also of the tree of life therefore making it a part of our life.

Genesis 3:24
    So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim’s, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

That flaming sword is the written prophetic words of the tree of life.

MOSES AND THE BURNING BUSH

The burning bush that Moses spoke with was the Cannabis plant.

Exodus 3:2
    And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
    3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
    4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
    5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
    6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Ok here is where it gets skeptical, but please bare with me this will be the great judgment. At this point I am proclaiming that the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob is and was the Cannabis plant. Moses from then on referred to God as the Lord........here is the proof:

With today’s pastors and preachers you see on the television always saying that the LORD told them...or the LORD is going to heal them, or better yet the LORD has anointed you...but my question to them is WHO or WHAT is your LORD?.. If you are referring to the LORD of the Old Testament in the Bible then how do you explain this:

Exodus 40
    And it came to pass in the first month in the second year, on the first day of the month, that the tabernacle was reared up.
    18 And Moses reared up the tabernacle, and fastened his sockets, and set up the boards thereof, and put in the bars thereof, and reared up his pillars.
    19 And he spread abroad the tent over the tabernacle, and put the covering of the tent above upon it; as the LORD commanded Moses.
    20 And he took and put the testimony into the ark, and set the staves on the ark, and put the mercy seat above upon the ark:
    21 And he brought the ark into the tabernacle, and set up the vail of the covering, and covered the ark of the testimony; as the LORD commanded Moses.
    22 And he put the table in the tent of the congregation, upon the side of the tabernacle northward, without the vail.
    23 And he set the bread in order upon it before the LORD; as the LORD had commanded Moses.
    24 And he put the candlestick in the tent of the congregation, over against the table, on the side of the tabernacle southward.
    25 And he lighted the lamps before the LORD; as the LORD commanded Moses.

ASK: Preachers of the Holy Bible, how often do you light lamps before your LORD? In verse 25 Moses was actually lighting the Cannabis offering. It goes on to say:

34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.
    35 And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.
    36 And when the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the children of Israel went onward in all their journeys:
    37 But if the cloud were not taken up, then they journeyed not till the day that it was taken up.
    38 For the cloud of the LORD was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.

Ezekiel 10:4
    Then the glory of the LORD went up from the cherub, and stood over the threshold of the house; and the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the LORD's glory.

ASK: Preacher how often is your church filled with the cloud of the LORD?

The Glory of the LORD is the actual smoke, spirit, or cloud which is induced by lighting the Cannabis plant. Therefore the God of Isaac, Jacob, Abraham and Moses is in fact the Cannabis/Marijuana plant. The CLOUD of the LORD, The Glory of the LORD, The Clouds of Glory, The Evident Smoke are all referring to sacrificial offering of burning the Cannabis/Marijuana plant. He whom has an ear hear what the SPIRIT is saying. Surely the LORD is CANNABIS.

Gods or gods

Now you are probably thinking how could God be a plant moresoever a DRUG!!!...Actually in the Old Testament they considered many things as GODS or gods even what we call in today’s society DRUGS!!

Exodus 15:11
    Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

Exodus 18:11
    Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them.

Deuteronomy 6:14
    Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you;

Deuteronomy 10:17
    For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Judges2:12
    And they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the LORD to anger.

Throughout the entire Old Testament GOD makes it plain and clear that man should serve the LORD and not other gods....The LORD being the CANNABIS plant....The GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The LORD GOD that liveths.
    Surely you are not saying kids should use drugs? No, Im just making evident what the scriptures mean. Therefore take it from the words of:
    1 Samuel 1:11
    And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.

Holy Mount Sinai/Zion
    The Holy Mountain where Moses met with the LORD to learn the Ten Commandments....now that we have an idea of whom and what the LORD is let us see what happens:

Exodus 19:
    9 The LORD said to Moses, "I am going to come to you in a dense cloud, so that the people will hear me speaking with you and will always put their trust in you." Then Moses told the LORD what the people had said.
    10 And the LORD said to Moses, "Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow. Have them wash their clothes 11 and be ready by the third day, because on that day the LORD will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people.

How Holy is this Mountain?

12 Put limits for the people around the mountain and tell them, 'Be careful that you do not go up the mountain or touch the foot of it. Whoever touches the mountain shall surely be put to death.

16 On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud over the mountain, and a very loud trumpet blast. Everyone in the camp trembled. 17 Then Moses led the people out of the camp to meet with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain. 18 Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the LORD descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, the whole mountain [] trembled violently, 19 and the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder. Then Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him.

Once again we see the reference to the smoke and how the LORD descended on it in fire... therefore making a clear argument that the LORD and God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob is in fact the Cannabis Plant.

The Lord of Host
    2 Samuel 6:2
    And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the LORD of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.

Remember this scripture:

Genesis 3:24
    So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the Garden of Eden cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Therefore not only the ark of God, the Ark of the Covenant, the LORD, the LORD of Hosts, and the Tree of Life are all referring to what we today call Cannabis.

Scripture goes on to tell about the LORD of HOSTS

1 Kings 18:15
    And Elijah said, As the LORD of hosts liveth, before whom I stand, I will surely shew myself unto him to day.

The Lord liveth!

Jeremiah 10:10
    But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

1 Kings 19:10
    And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

Isaiah 5:16
    But the LORD of hosts shall be exalted in judgment, and God that is holy shall be sanctified in righteousness.

From now not only do we see the evidence The Lord of Hosts was considered God to the children of Israel but through time they would begin to forsake the LORD and because of the heathen the LORD would be taken away from them....Understand the words of the prophet Jeremiah when he says:

Lamentations 4:20
    The breath of our nostrils, the anointed of the LORD, was taken in their pits, of whom we said, Under his shadow we shall live among the heathen.

The Anointing of The LORD

The anointing of the LORD is referred to the effects felt after consuming somehow the cannabis plant whether it be through oil, eating, drinking, smoking, or inhaling the smoke. Not only though is it the feeling you get but your ability to take that feeling and use it to glorify GOD. Some people while under the anointing of the LORD are able to come up with rhyming lyrics or psalms, some able to prophecy, some are even able to heal the sick all while under the anointing of the LORD. Which is the God of Isaac, Jacob, Abraham and Moses. Whose name today is in fact Cannabis Marijuana.

Job 27:3
    All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils

Exodus 29:7
    Then shalt thou take the anointing oil, and pour it upon his head, and anoint him.

Leviticus 10:7
    And ye shall not go out from the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: for the anointing oil of the LORD is upon you. And they did according to the word of Moses.

1 Samuel 2:10
    The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the LORD shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed.

1 Samuel 24:6
    And he said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD's anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD.

Thus says the LORD to his annointed:

Isaiah 61
    1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
    2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
    3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Take heed for this is the truth, The God of Isaac ,the GOD of Abraham, the GOD of Moses was indeed the Cannabis Plant……..but wait need more proof….much more.

The Deceived

Proverbs 20: 1
    Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

Jeremiah 4:10
    Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.

Jeremiah 9
    4 Take ye heed every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbour will walk with slanders.
    5 And they will deceive every one his neighbour, and will not speak the truth: they have taught their tongue to speak lies, and weary themselves to commit iniquity.
    6 Thine habitation is in the midst of deceit; through deceit they refuse to know me, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 49:16
    Thy terribleness hath deceived thee, and the pride of thine heart, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, that holdest the height of the hill: though thou shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee down from thence, saith the LORD.

Malachi 1:14
    But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the LORD a corrupt thing: for I am a great King, saith the LORD of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen.

His name is CANNABIS\MARIJUANA and the heathen is all those who suppress his name and take him away.

JESUS says:

Matthew 24:
    4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
    5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
    11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
    24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

That goes for you and me until now. So how can a religion whose once primary focus was the Cannabis plant be so deceived.

The False Christ (Anointing)

Revelation 18:23
    And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

When the Bible talks about the False Christs it means exactly what it says, A false anointing…So therefore anyone who claims to be anointed by Christ and the LORD God of Israel and nether the less have even seen or felt the glory of the Cannabis Plant therefore is not anointed according to the Bible. There is one great false Christ and false Prophet whom I will not name but I will inform you of this scripture:

Matthew 18:
    5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
    6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

How do you call yourself HOLY for your judgment has come sayeth the LORD OF HOSTS. Lay not another one of your lustrous sick hands amongst God’s children.

JESUS says:

John 6
    51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
    52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
    53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
    54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
    55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
    56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Isaiah 40:6
    The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:

1 Peter 1:24
    For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.

Surely people it is Marijuana, he who hath an ear hear what the spirit is saying. Surely Mary wanna.

Now that we know who and what the LORD is, who the deceiver is, and what Jesus Christ actually represents in the flesh and the spirit you might say, where do we go from here.

Please Go to Part 2

11. TheCleric

TheCleric Novice Healer

*sifts through the heavy piles of bull...*

I deleted your other thread, we may be stoners but im sure people can figure out that we should read part one first and THEN read part 2, no need to make a thread telling us to do so. :rolleyes:

12. 7thAngel420

7thAngel420 New Member

ok no hard feelings....its just that people were just reading only the second part.....wish it would all fit in one...but oh well

Peace & God Bless

13. MJane

MJane Senior Member

Getting back to the subject at hand, I have read the entire thread, and am no more knowledgable about the word cannibus in the Bible than I was before. In layman's terms, please....the Hebrew root words, and their interpretations (into English) would suffice quite nicely. Sure, the word calamus is used, but what exactly IS calamus?! What does it mean?
    I'm no scholar on this subject, but am interested. You Hebraic afficianados are being quite vague. Thanks so much!!! :wave:

14. MJane

MJane Senior Member

Re: ordinary people?

If what you are saying is true, couldn't it be said that the high induced by the cannibus was equated with the presence of God? If so, could they have mistaken the high for the presence of the Lord? Which arouses the question....was the presence of the Lord REALLY felt, or was it just the cannibus? After all, there was no scientific knowledge of the drug, or it's effects. Just a thought.

15. Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse New Member

I don't believe anything that the bible says. I think your "devil" wrote your bible, all the nasty ass stuff that happens to little kids. There's incest, adultry, and all kinds of contradictions in "your" bible. Maybe, maybe not, I just logically can't prove that there is anything. Can anyone else? The fact is, just cause it's in the bible, doesn't make it right. "god" said in the bible, to kill your kids. It's in the bible, but is it right? I ain't putting down herb, or anyone reading this. I just have a keyboard and a mind...

16. SmokerForPeace

SmokerForPeace Jr. Activist

Have you actually read the bible?

17. Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse New Member

Yes, I have. I grew up in the church. Mine wan't a horror story or nothin, just regular church people. Then I "evolved" into me (not really, just high and watching "Natural Born Killers"). I guess though really what got me was that all the people that did not believe in "our"(the church's) "god"... are all going to hell. They won't pass go, they'll never f***in' win. And I just thought to myself, "Dam'n, that means that there are A LOT of people in hell!" If there was this "one god", why in the hell does "he" allow so many people to screw it up. I mean, all the bibles that are different, why would "he" condem all those who don't follow the right one? Peace to all, and to all a good high...

18. Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse New Member

I read this one, all of it *sighs*...:eek:

19. chronictruth

chronictruth New Member

hell yeah

20. sirhcreihtuag

sirhcreihtuag New Member

Quote:

Genesis 3:22
    And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

God commands us to take also of the tree of life therefore making it a part of our life.

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time trying to understand how God NOT wanting man to reach forth and eat of the tree, is a command TO eat of the tree... #1: That phrase, "lest he put forth his hand", means something along the lines of:

lest

\Lest\, conj. [OE. leste, fr. AS. [eth][=y] l[=ae]s [eth][=e] the less that, where [eth][=y] is the instrumental case of the definite article, and [eth][=e] is an indeclinable relative particle, that, who, which. See The, Less, a.] 1. For fear that; that . . . not; in order that . . . not.

Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty. --Prov. xx. 13.

Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. --1 Cor. x. 12.

2. That (without the negative particle); -- after certain expressions denoting fear or apprehension.

I feared Lest I might anger thee. --Shak.

#2 And as for that whole flaming sword thing keeping the way to the tree of life... I'm sorry but when reading the first half of the sentence intelligently, the context points to the sword as a security system to keep us out...

Now, I'm as big an advocate of the use of Cannabis for spiritual purposes as the next advocate of such things, but I really think you go a little too far here to make a point that is both redundant and a little biased. Assuming that the Bible is an historically accurate text in this scenario (which is at best speculative and at worst bull****) I think that I would line pot up with the tree of knowledge of good and evil rather than of life (considering the fact that it is guarded by flaming swords that I ain't goin near), but what does it really matter? You're trying to tell a bunch of stoners of diverse spiritual backgrounds (including christianity) that we should all use and advocate the use of cannabis for spiritual purposes based on "overwhelming evidence" found in the bible... even though that very evidence and the logic used to interpret it is at times misconstrued, other times vague to the point of irrelevance, and at other times just plain twisted around.

Sorry, I know that you probably had your heart in the right place when you wrote this and that it must have taken along time to compile and write, but you should have had your head in the right place too. But to give you credit, there are some very interesting nuggets of umm, er, interest in there. Mainly it was that whole "lest" thing that bugged me enough to post at all and it just kind of snowballed from there.