Black lips

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by Vealiquince, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Vealiquince

Vealiquince New Member

I noticed lately that my lips seem to be getting dark marks on them and people are telling me that they are turning black. I heard from some people that it doesn't change the color of your lip and the opposite from others.

Why does this happen? Its not like I get tar on my lip like that or burn it so I was wondering what about smoking weed turns your lips black?

2. Doc Zee

Doc Zee New Member

That happened to me years ago, before I started smoking in fact so I doubt it's down to tha reefah ;)

Do you use Vaseline or anything like that? It could be your lips getting dry, obviously smoking wouldn't help that.

3. Dark

Dark Fool on the Hill

Are you sure its not resin?
    After a long smoking session I used to get black marks along my lips too. I didn't know what it was until I noticed my friend having the same thing on his lips.

Besides the tar or resin, there is nothing else from pot smoke that would turn your lips black.

4. newpotmoker

newpotmoker New Member

Well if your smoking out of a homemade metal bow out of a spark plug or something like that it could be from the metal gettin hot and burning ur lips but idk dude.:rolleyes::shrugs:

5. /love Marijuana

/love Marijuana New Member

When I first read this, the first thing I thought was resin.

People get resin on their lips a lot from blunts and joints. Some pipes too.

6. Amato d00d

Amato d00d New Member

Yeah my vote is for resin, or your lips turning black is not from weed at all. Talk to a doctor if you're concerned.

7. Plaidheart

Plaidheart New Member

lol

Sounds like a trip to the free clinic lol jk

8. iLikeWeedAlot123

iLikeWeedAlot123 New Member

What are you smoking out of?

9. Kushy

Kushy down

I've noticed black lips twice. The first time it happened was when I got really high and went to look in the mirror and freaked out cause I had no fucking idea why my lips were black :p

I'm guessing it probably gets on your lips if you make an "o" shaped mouth when exhaling your smoke. Some of the tar and stuff from the smoke probably sticks to your lips.

10. Mazzinator

Mazzinator Sr. Member

thats a good trick to see if someone is high or not. you tell them that they have some res on their lips and if they go to wipe it away, they're prolly high, if they're like 'what?'...well yeah u get it.i used to do it to a guy i worked with.he would constantly deny that he smokes and id tell him every day he had res on his lips.one day i finally caught him haha

11. femalesmoker

femalesmoker New Member

heard that in one of the Friday movies