blades

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by Friskyss, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Friskyss

Friskyss New Member

hey, i was just wonder if anyone else does blades as a method of smoking weed. basicly take to knifes, butter knifies work best cuz they heat up nice, either use a stove or a torch and heat the blade of the knife up till nice and red and then take the two knifes and put the bud in between and squish the weed, make sure to have a hooter( cut a pop bottle in half use the top to suck thro) put the knifes into the hoot but dont touch the sides and have the person our u, to suck smoke as the blades burn the weed. i do this alo it burns it fast but gets u majorly ripped, when u take a really big hit it hits u with in a min. 3 nice size hits, if its good weed will give me the most intesne high. i was jsut wonder how many other ppl do this method and if they like it.
    also wonderin if anyone has tried to smoke resin like this, if they have did it give u a really intense high. like it did to me.
  2. DonkeyPunch

DonkeyPunch Seasoned Activist

thread moved to General Topics.
  3. Friskyss

Friskyss New Member

lol sorry about postin it in wrong place
  4. Your a Towel!

Your a Towel! New Member

yeah uh whenever i do a knife hit i feel like a crackhead so no not that often, plus its much easyer to toss the nug into the bong and get a nice COOL hit rather then a blast of 400 degree smoke in my lungs.
  5. Blunted

Blunted RIP PIMP

Yeah, this is how I smoke my dro.

I think the hot knives are much hotter than a flame, so it burns off more THC than a lighter would.
  6. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

Yeah, I've done it, but don't really see what the big deal is. Basically, it acts kind of like a vaporizor, vaping the weed rather than burning it. It gives a slightly different high, but not a big enough difference to go through all the fuss, when I can pack a bowl and smoke it in a fraction of the time it would take me to get high using that method.
  7. L0st_St0ker

L0st_St0ker Sr. Member

never heard of this method before, sounds like a bit of work, i'd rather a bong hit but we all got our prefs dont we
  8. Blunted

Blunted RIP PIMP

I just think it''s better, as far as conserving on weed. I can't get 2 massive hits out of the same small piece of bud, that I would only get one hit out of from a bong.
  9. troublemaker420

to eqach their own...far be it for me to tell others how to smoke their weed. In my experience, the same amount of weed gets me just as high through a bong than it does using blades. You may get more hits doing it blade style, but its my opinion that you are injesting the same amount of THC either method. the number of hits may be bigger/smaller depending on the method used, but the amount of thc entering you bloodstream would remain the same. I don't have scientific data on hand to support this but I don't see how it can make much of a difference. Alos, you say that the heat releases more thc, therefore getting you higher. I don't understand. Say I'm smoking a bowl.....I barely touch the flame to the weed, burning as little of it as possible for each hit. By your reasoning, I should be torching the living hell out of it to get more THC. All i can see this accomplishing is burning your weed faster, while getting fewer hits.

Please don't take this as me being confrontational....many people misinterpret my posts as attacking the other person, when I'm just sharing my opinion. Sometimes I am confrontational, but not on this issue....just comparing notes and trying to learn a thing or two in the process!
  10. scootertrash

scootertrash New Member

uhh

chinese pot sticks lol........ill pass i dont think i need to be playing with red hot kitchen utinsils while im high but thats just me ::bounce:: lol
  11. troublemaker420

LMAO....that right there is by far the funniest thing I've read all day!!
  12. iamfritter

iamfritter New Member

i was thinking blades was like sticking an exacto knife in a nug and hold it like a roach clip

that makes alot more sense
  13. SpunCraz

SpunCraz Supporting Radical Habits

Yeah, knife hits own. The thing with knife hits is.. knifes gets way hotter in temp. then a lighter, their for more thc being realeased. Thats what I heard anyways.
  14. eXploit

eXploit New Member

never tried smoking bud with blades, but in my opinion it's the best way to smoke hash. yummY! :liplick:
  15. mmm Froot Loops

mmm Froot Loops New Member

I have only used hot knives with hash, and once with oil. I guess if you ran out of papers, or didn't have a bowl you could smoke bud that way.

oh well, to each their own I guess.
  16. bongwater

bongwater New Member

Hot Knives...good for hash but why would you go through all the trouble of hot knifing weed?
  17. anonymity

anonymity New Member

No.
    No.

A lighter flame is more than enough heat to get all THC into the smoke you inhale. As troublemaker said, knife hits make you feel higher for the same reason a vaporizer might make you feel higher.
  18. troublemaker420

Thanks Weiisky, for reaffirming what I said. I thought I was right, but its always nice to see someone back up what you have said.
  19. troublemaker420

No offense, but why on earth do you think this makes more sense? That would be an extremely inefficeint way of smoking, not to mention the bud would most likely fall off while it was burning. That concept makes no snese whatsoever to me. It reminds me of another post I belittled when someone mentioned lighting one end of the bud and sucking on the other to get high. your concept is eqaully as odd, and would be a big waste of weed, IMO. Blades, while time consuming, can be very efficent. However, using your method, more smoke would end up in the air than would reach your lungs. Please...explain to me how your idea makes more sense. :laugh:

BTW Fritter....you misspelled a word in your location
  20. TimeGuardian

TimeGuardian New Member

I've done blades a few times.. got really high every time I've done them so I like them :cool:

At a headshop near me they have glass rods with a butter knife shaped thing about 3.5 inches long, and it's all made out of pyrex. Those would be very sweet.