Blueberry Yum Yum: The Chewing Gum

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by TymeAw8z, Oct 24, 2005.

1. TymeAw8z

TymeAw8z Guest

Question: Has anyone ever mixed weed with bubblegum?

My friend Trotz and I were high the other day, and I raised the question..."Is it possible to make a chewing gum, that would release THC's while chewed."
    It seems logical, since there are accounts of tribes and villages, and even American Soldiers chewing Cannabis leaves to get high. I ran across a recipe for homemade bubble-gum, and I plan to combine best of both worlds. Imagine all the different flavors. Anyway I thought I could get some insight or advice, before I start mass production.

-TymeAw8z
  2. RastaGyver

RastaGyver New Member

I only know that if you chew gum and stick weed in it for flavour it tastes really nasty for a few minutes then it's alright...

Why not try that instead of making your own gum?
  3. nerphroll

nerphroll Sr. Member

Innovative, yes. I am skeptical but curious. If you're gonna make your own gum, get that part right first before you try to make gum mixed with weed at the same time, to save a big loss of weed if you screw up the gum. I also think this gum would taste like shizitt.
  4. RastaGyver

RastaGyver New Member

WORD!

Weed usually just tastes plain nasty unless you drink tea or what ever.
    I once put some buds on a sandwich with loads of ketchup and other stuff to try and kill the taste, but when i bit on one of the buds i almost puked
    :vomit:

But let us know if it does work out, that idea could make you rich :D
  5. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

1 cup powdered sugar
    2 tablespoons chickle gum
    1/3 cup corn syrup
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1 package unsweetened Kool-Aid
    cannabis tincture

Put 1 cup powdered sugar on a piece of heavy-duty foil. Sprinkle on chickle and corn syrup. Bake at 300º F for 2-5 minutes. Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with Kool-Aid. Stirring in an up and down motion, add second mixture to the first mixture a tablespoon at a time. Drop in as many drops of the cannabis tincture as you want. You could also finely grind up marijuana, but the texture and taste might not be too nice. Some flavored essences might help, like mint. Mix and chew.
    2 people like this.
  6. TymeAw8z

TymeAw8z Guest

So Far So Good

I found a site; that not only sells you the gum-making kit, but also gives you step by step instructions. I'll post below, along with my theory of combining the MJ:

1. Into a microwave safe or heat resistant dish, place the Gum Base, Citric Acid, Corn Syrup with Glycerin, flavoring mixture, and (manually-grinded) MJ.

2. Place the gum base (in the heat resistant dish) in a sauce pan of boiling water. Cover the pan and bring the water to a boil. Turn the heat down so the water is at a simmer. Heat the gum base until it becomes gooey. This can take up to 10 minutes. Be sure not to let the water boil dry.

Note: The Gum Base comes in the form of little round balls... a little bigger than the size of a skittle. While the mixture simmers the THC should be released, and the Gum Base melted. Correct me if I'm wrong... but when making Cannabutter, at this point you would sift the weed out, because the THC has been released. Wouldn't one do the same now, since the process is similar? Each recipe calls for the mixture to simmer. If so, hopefully this would get rid of any bad taste... especially when combined with flavoring.

3. Measure out 1 heaping tablespoon of powdered sugar and set it aside for later. Pour out about one half of the remaining powdered sugar onto your work surface. Make a well in the middle of the pile.

4. Pour the melted gum base mixture into the well. The gum base may still be hot but it will cool quickly.

5. Dip your fingers in the powdered sugar and begin kneading the gum base and sugar together. Work it as if your are kneading bread dough. Add more of the powdered sugar when ever the dough gets sticky. Continue adding sugar until you have a smooth, stiff dough. You must knead the gum dough until all the sugar is worked in. This will take at least 15 minutes. The more kneading the better. Kneading to little will cause the gum to break up when chewed.

6. Now it’s time to roll out your bubble gum and cut it into pieces. You can make a rope about 1/2 inch in diameter and then cut individual pieces about 1/2 inch long. Using a scissors make this very easy. If you like your gum in sticks, roll out the gum with a rolling pin and then cut out the strips with your scissors.
    7. Dust all of the gum pieces with the tablespoon of powdered sugar we set aside. Store your bubble gum in a zip lock bag. You can wrap individual pieces in wax paper too!

Please list any feedback, or advice... I also agree with nerphroll when he advised getting the Gum recipe down first. No sense in wasting good MJ.

Below is the site I got the above recipe from:
    http://www.leeners.com/gumrecipe.html

Also check out this page for flavoring
    http://www.leeners.com/candymaking.html

-TymeAw8z

P.S. Imagine the various places you could chew this gum, and not get caught..
  7. teufelfisch

teufelfisch Seasoned Activist

I don't think little bits of pot would taste very good in gum. If I were doing this, I would use the extract.
  8. Ironstoner

Ironstoner New Member

Feel bad for you.

Personally, ive never tried the ketchup thing. But i see how that would make sence. I hear that sugar makes you absorb the thc better, so once i took two buds in a handfull of sugar and tried to eat it. Over all i have to say that was my worst weed experiance. I had to spit it out and i almost puked also.

-Ironstoner
  9. marijuanavillle7

marijuanavillle7 New Member

I think ur thinking of people that used to chew cocoa (cocaine) plant leaves to get high...
  10. Ironstoner

Ironstoner New Member

I know that people who live near Coca feilds chew the leaves for a buzz, but I ment sugar (eg. regular white sugar) because it helps you absorb the THC. This is one of the reasons that people make brownies or cookies with MJ. Its not JUST because the cooking activates the THC, its also because of the sugar.

-Ironstoner
  11. jaizer

jaizer New Member

some stupid questions

Hello, i'm not native english and i'm not sure i understood very well all your recepy...

first question: what is chickle gum? is it a rectangular classic sugar free bubble gum like hollywood or stimorol? or do i have to make my own one with gluten grist and fruit juice? (how many chewing gum do i have to put?)

I put 1 cup powdered sugar on a piece of heavy-duty foil but then i pute the syrup and the chickle inside the cup of sugar and put it in the owen or i just sprinkle some on the chickle and the syrup and then i put it in the owen on a heavy-duty foil?...do i have to mix the chickle and the syrup?

what's kool aid?? (we don't have it in my country)...is it a kind of candy powder? if i buy some in a kiosk what components must be in?

i mix this kool aid with powdered sugar and then i mix what with what? i mix kool aid with syrup chickle mixture, spoon after spoon or the opposite?

only after that i put grinded MJ? is there any effect?

thank you very much if you have time to answer to all my questions.
  12. Kushy

Kushy down

jaizer it's not going to work putting weed with sugar. MJ's ingredients are only extractable through fats (butter/oil) or alcohol's (151, Everclear)

And the guy who said that sugar digests THC is wrong. You can eat an edible without any sugar and it'll get you high.
  13. jaizer

jaizer New Member

hi kushy, i know i know but i was looking for a chewing gum recepy which makes you high and i find two recepies on the first page of this thread and the one of "higher logic" was the easier. so i choosed this one and i got no idea about what "kool aid" is so i thought there might be some fat in this or in another ingredient he mentioned...

so you're sure none of those two recepies contain thc? not even the one "TymeAw8z" found? there's no fat in any of those ingredients? :Citric Acid, Corn Syrup with Glycerin, flavoring mixture.

because you know there is no fat in alcohol as far as i know but i make very strong thc alcohol...but i think this is due to fermentation (vacuum packed) and there not this process with bubble gums

if you are write i might find the only way and the most easiest way but it might be not so tasty.
  14. GaryJane

GaryJane New Member

Btw this is really really old but just for anyone who tries this. It will not work a bit. You'll need to add butter or alcohol to your list of recipes and that only makes a liquid, not gum matter. Also you guys are funny. I ate a bag of 1/8 of an ounce and it barely got me high. You need to extract the THC bit you still get cannabenoinds. Hope you didn't try making gum. The only way to make potent gum is if you make natural hash from leafs. Then following a recipe for organic gum. Good luck, some doctors barely have their hands on marijuana gum but only distributed to patients.