Bonding THC to a powder

Discussion in 'Science' started by swapmeet, Jan 2, 2010.

1. swapmeet

swapmeet MJ Magician

I am trying to simplify the process of making caps....I was wondering if i can use a powder that has fat in it and somehow complete the reaction in a dry state, to make caps more simple and clean.

Thanks,
    Swap

3 people like this.
  2. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

umm im thinking you could use powdered fish or some kind of powdered meat. fish would probably be higher in fat content.

im not sure what caps are but good luck with your crazy future science, space man

2 people like this.
  3. swapmeet

swapmeet MJ Magician

I was thinking of a powdered butter replacement.....the question is really how to bond thc in a dry state.....or maybe wet the powder, add the kief or trim, boil off the water and dry the powder......or I suppose I could use alcohol, it would evaporate faster, but it is really just a question of the possibility of doing it without liquid.

Thanks for your reply. Caps are short for capsules or gel-caps. :D

4. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

oh i understand now ok i think you could just make a high potency cannabutter, pop the butter in the capsules and enjoy

2 people like this.
  5. Kushy

Kushy down

You could give this a try:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4HLLgVN_xk"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Once you've made your Green Dragon, let some of the alcohol evaporate (to increase the potency) and then pop them in capsule form. You could call them Green Dragon pills ;)

2 people like this.
  6. strutinshizz

strutinshizz Sr. Member

Nice just have to get a vap now :(

2 people like this.
  7. Kushy

Kushy down

You can still make Green Dragon if you don't have a vape. If you don't have a vape instead of heating it up thru the vape, just put your grinded bud in the oven on 285 for a 1-2 minutes, it'll do the exact same thing.

2 people like this.
  8. swapmeet

swapmeet MJ Magician

unfortunately......green dragon is a liquid and I am really trying to bond it with a powder. I appreciate the responses!

Swap

9. jettyblaze

jettyblaze Sr. Member

Dude, if you could bond THC with a power and make it very fine, couldn't you snort it? Since it would then be a blood brain barrier thing, rather than a alimentary canal/pulminary absorbtion thing, wouldn't you get WAY THE FUCK HIGHER?

2 people like this.
  10. Sproggs

Sproggs Sr. Member

Couldn't you just mix in some kief and powdered butter or whatever in with some water, then boil the water and let it all evaporate? Then, you'd be left with butter/THC bits that I'm sure you could break up into powder.

2 people like this.
  11. frostbte

frostbte New Member

i wouldn't think it would be snort-able because it needs to go threw some things before it heads to you main blood stream

2 people like this.
  12. swapmeet

swapmeet MJ Magician

I'm not sure, but I definitely dont want to snort anything.....lol

That's an interesting idea there bro.....I'll have to think about doing it either the way you just said or the way it says in post #3 of this thread...

Thanks,
    Swap

13. cabriosnap

cabriosnap Not Man, Merely a Machine

if i wanted to do crack....i would...

i like the idea of making a thc pill...that would be pretty rad, in either liquid or powder form. i would think liquid would be more effective and probobly a lot easier...?

post updates :D

2 people like this.
  14. swapmeet

swapmeet MJ Magician

Liquid would be a lot more difficult unfortunately, because liquid would melt the cap. A liquicap machine costs like 30k. Thats why I want to use a powder.

Thanks,
    Swap

15. OldTimeToker

OldTimeToker Sr. Member

Why would you want to have to snort ANYTHING?

2 people like this.
  16. swapmeet

swapmeet MJ Magician

Let's stay on topic, if you folks don't mind. While a lot of us don't want to snort anything, some people do. Everyone should do whatever they want to do. I'd like to try and figure this bonding to a powder, dry thing out; hopefully by someone with some sort of related experience.

Thanks,
    Swap

2 people like this.
  17. cabriosnap

cabriosnap Not Man, Merely a Machine

oic. had no idea :S

could you use some sort of protien powder maybe? or does the powder need to contain fat? wish i could be more help...when i get some free time tonight i'll do some poking around

2 people like this.
  18. swapmeet

swapmeet MJ Magician

THC bonds most easily and effectively to fat......

Thanks,
    Swap

19. Scorpius

Scorpius New Member

maybe it would be possible to use a tincture to make a rock candy type substance? i'm not really sure if it's possible with alcohol but i've seen liquor with edible crystals in it.......huh.

20. ReXBudMan

ReXBudMan New Member

I remember some scientists experimenting with THC made some THC in pill form. However from what I remember this was a kind of synthetic THC or something along those lines. Either way, the pills were said to not have the best effects on the user as opposed to say ingestion.

Oh, And I would not recomend AT ALL!!!! that ANYONE attempt to bond THC to powder and SNORT IT! whether you like to snort or not, it is no good for you at all and its not like having coke. Mainly because your snorting BUTTER powder!

Either way it does damage and is not recomended.

2 people like this.