Bong Water: Does It Get You High?

Discussion in 'Water Pipes' started by mas1888, Apr 10, 2003.

1. mas1888

mas1888 Banned

can drinking bong water get you high? i know straight bong water tastes pretty bad. But i usually filter my bong loads with purple gaterade, and it doesnt taste all the bad, i acually like it. i got the idea that if i concentrated to gaterade enough i could drink it and get high when im in the car going on a vacation with the family, i could get high with out anyone knowing. -thanks
  2. Metal Militia

Metal Militia New Member

Water doesn't collect THC, just all the other stuff, so it should just make you sick, if anything.
  3. jaman

jaman Marijuana Master

waaa hoooooo !! !! he he he, man I cant get back up off the floor from that one ! :goof: :p :D
    2 people like this.
  4. weedzinger

weedzinger Seasoned Activist

Actually Ive heard it filters out quite a bit of THC.
  5. Herb Ninja

Herb Ninja Seasoned Activist

Burnt marijuana can be sucked through your bowl and into the water, that should be the most of what gets you high, I mean sick. I drank bong water once, tryed to keep it down and got sick to my stomach for several hours, my friend puked, it looked nasty and I wished I had puked at well.

Don't drink that crap, don't sink to that level. Peace-

(Do a search there are already threads on this)
  6. SkyHigh

SkyHigh New Member

There is a possibility. The only way to find out is being sober, drinking it, and if you get high...it works! Can gaterade ferment?
    I would be careful...and if you feel sick like really sick and dont get high I would suggest not trying it again.
  7. libertyNjustice

libertyNjustice New Member

even if it did get you high i wouldn't do it, just think of all the ashes your drinking. don't ever sink to that level man, gatorade or no gatorade. introducing bong water gatorade for those times your'e working out and just need to puke your guts up.
  8. Proline63

Proline63 New Member

Yeah bong water does sounds sick. I've never drank any, but from your descriptions, I probley won't. But I just had an intresting thought. If THC bonds with fat, what about milk as bong water? This is a stupid idea, but I was just thinking.
  9. CheebaMonkey

CheebaMonkey Sr. Member

People drinking bong water to get high.

:laugh:

Okay, nothing is not completely insoluble in water. THC's solubility is about 1-2 µg/mL (micrograms per milliliter).

Thanks to teufelfisch for that piece of info. :wave:

So why does THC get filtered in a bong? Chances are is that THC is attaching itself to the surface of the bong, (glass, acrylic, etc.).

So to cut straight to the point, drinking bong water will not get you high.
  10. teufelfisch

teufelfisch Seasoned Activist

You're welcome. :)
    See, there are some uses to being a chemistry major.

There could be other compounds filtered that are more soluble in water, though. But looking solely at THC, you would have to drink a heck of a lot of bongwater to get high. Even if it just took 5 mg of THC to get high - I actually have no clue on that number, just made it up - it would take.....*calculating*....

5000 mL, or 1.32 gallons of bongwater to get high. :eek:
    2 people like this.
  11. Chiksic

Chiksic New Member

Ewwwwwwwwwww! I can't even imagine downing a swallow, let a lone a gallon! :x
  12. soupman

soupman Guest

How about you try it, and then let us know :D

hehehehehehehehe

Soup
  13. SmokingBelle

SmokingBelle New Member

OH MY GOD!!! This is the most disgusting thread I've read here!!! :puker:

Why would you want to drink bong water???!!! I figured anyone who had ever smoked out of a bong, or cleaned one would have the sense to know that sh*t is NASTY.

If you really need to have access to pot on the go, make some cannabudder. From that, you could make any recipe that requires butter, and get rocked. Brownies, muffins, cupcakes, cookies, you name it, and you can probably make it, substituting fat/oil/butter with cannabudder. Voila! Forget nasty, go with tasty!!

And for those kids just getting started, DONT DRINK The WATER!!
    :nono:
  14. SouthernStoner

SouthernStoner New Member

one of my friends that drank it seemed to be pretty high. I took a sip and there aint no way in hell ill ever do it again
  15. beats

beats New Member

Yick man.

My friends do that, I don't have a godamn clue why. They say it's like 5 hoots at once. I thank god I don't give into peer pressure :puker:
  16. Herb Ninja

Herb Ninja Seasoned Activist

Quite simply put, NO.
  17. Cassius

Cassius Seasoned Activist

My friend drank bong water once a cupla years ago. He didn't puke, either. But three other friends did when they saw him do it.
  18. Geeno

Geeno New Member

If I saw someone drink bongwater Id probably puke, inwhich case Id punch them in the stomach so that they puke. I could be saving their lives anyways...
  19. SmokyThePenguin

SmokyThePenguin New Member

um...yeah i used to drink it

more for the shock value than anything else, though i do usually drink the **** from my bubbler if i'm on the go...or just lazy
  20. Irie I the Jedi

Irie I the Jedi New Member

FOUL

oh man smoky i cant believe you drink BUB water...thats almost worse than bong water...seriously guys, what happened to just pouring it on the ground? THC is not water soluble and the whole point of the water is to keep the small ash chunks and carcinogens from getting into your system...:eek: