Bongs and cold

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Brad420, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Brad420

Brad420 Sr. Member

Where im from the weather could get pretty cold during the winter, I was thinking of buying myself a bong, but it would be kept in the shed , since I don't want to put it in my room.

Do you think the cold Canadian weather could do any harm or crack the glass?

Thanks allot

Peace, love and ganja

2. gogreen420

gogreen420 Sr. Member

The freezing point of glass (SiO2) is approximately -500 degrees Celsius (-932 degrees Fahrenheit). So unless you are spraying liquid nitrogen on it or living in space, you'll be OK ;)

2 people like this.
  3. N_crassa

N_crassa New Member

Just don't leave any water inside that bong :)

2 people like this.
  4. gogreen420

gogreen420 Sr. Member

Ah yes, don't leave water in it! :D

2 people like this.
  5. Blazin Raisin

Blazin Raisin New Member

When you take it out, it will be nice and cool for your hits

6. DanKJuggalo

DanKJuggalo Sr. Member

As long as it remains in your shed and as said above "Don't leave water in it" you should have no worries.

7. Myracl

Myracl New Member

Though it would be funny if your lips got frozen to the bong, you shouldn't have any problems.

"Damn, my lips are frozen! Guess I just gotta take another hit..." :bong:

4 people like this.
  8. DanKJuggalo

DanKJuggalo Sr. Member

I love your logic.

9. laCster

laCster Sr. Member

the cold weather will actually improve your smoking experience as it will lower
    the temperature of the smoke you inhale, sort of how an ice catcher works ;)
    but yah, i wouldn't leave water in that shit or it will freeze and u will have osme issues

10. wishmaster

wishmaster New Member

be carefull with is when you take it out. in my region in canada it gets to -30C no big deal. the glass will be FAR more brittle when its that cold. handle it with care untill it warms up. i dunno how cold it needs to be for it to basically crack though

11. Brad420

Brad420 Sr. Member

Thanks for the help guys!

12. Texas Toker

Texas Toker Sr. Member

-30C????? I WOULD KILL MYSELF IF IT EVER GOT THAT COLD IN tEXAS.:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

13. wishmaster

wishmaster New Member

14. Tok

Tok New Member

bahaha that would be epic