Bongs

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Pugglez, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Pugglez

Pugglez New Member

Hey I'm not new to smoking or bongs (I actually started off smoking bong) but I'm thinking of buying my first one;either from Grasscity or the local smoke shop. I don't want a really expensive or big one; just a solid portable bong that'll hit smoothly. I know glass bongs are the best and acrylic ones are sturdy but I was wondering how long an acrylic one would last. If anyone wants to share their fave bong type that'd be cool too, I'd like to know what bamboo and others are like.

Cheers and happy smoking:bong2: ,

Pugglezz

2. OHNOitsNICHOLAS

OHNOitsNICHOLAS New Member

Well what you buy really depends on what you'll be using it for. If it's just going to stay in one place (At home or something) I'd suggest getting a glass one.
    If you plan on taking it around with you, I'd suggest acrylic. It's far less prone to breaking in comparison to glass (obviously).
    I've got a straight 1ft Acrylic bong, and it hits smoother then my perc'd 1ft glass bong I had before it... I also constantly travel with my bong, so the Acrylic is nice.
    Just weigh out the pros and cons, and happy toking

2 people like this.
  3. nugatronica

nugatronica New Member

go w a glass piece and it all depends on the money u want to drop on it

4. Sean M Rose

Sean M Rose New Member

I made my own bong.
    I found a full size Mag flash light in my basement. It didnt have the end that holds the batteries in. I took the bottom off a coffee can and bent it to cover the light end to make it hold water. I drilled the head of the flashlight big enought to hold a 3/8in copper pipe. At the end of the copper pipe I attached the light end of a mid sized Mag light and stuffed a screen at where the copper pipe meets the head of the mid size light. I filled it with water level with the end of the copper pipe and it smokes great.

You might not want to go that far but it was fun to make and great to smoke out of. All my friends love it.

5. mariguana

mariguana New Member

I take my bong around but I still have a glass one, don't like acrylics really. If you're clumsy get an acrylic.

6. SourDieselMan

SourDieselMan New Member

I got an acrylic bong from a local head shop about a year and a half ago. I still use it to this day every now and then, to keep it clean just run really hot water in it after a few days of use. Do not use salt and alcohol to clean acrylic pieces, only use that for glass becauee the alcohol and salt will make the acrylic crack.

7. FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer New Member

I got a graffiti bong it's plastic so it won't break if you drop it but it hits so nice! And it's small enough to throw in a backpack or what ever... But If your looking for something portable why don't you try a bubbler

8. Pugglez

Pugglez New Member

Yeah i was thinking i might get a bubbler, they have some sick ones where I live and I like 'em. As for a home-made bong my friend actually has one we made but obviously it's not as good as one you buy. And 'till then I can smoke pipe, joints, blunts, apple pipes, and home-made bong along with the occasional bong. S'all good hahah but for sure I'll look at bubblers and maybe a bamboo bong cuz they're decently cheap and look dope.