Breasts!?!??!

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by BrAiNdAmAgEd, Mar 30, 2003.

1. BrAiNdAmAgEd

BrAiNdAmAgEd New Member

Wasnt there a study some time ago that showed that potheads can develop that male breast disorder...gynomastia or something....i think....
  2. CheebaMonkey

CheebaMonkey Sr. Member

I don't know of any study like that, but I can tell you that smoking pot does not make men grow breasts.
  3. Genoi

Genoi New Member

propaganda! marijuana doesn't make you grow breasts, eating too much does! Watch the calorie intake ;)
  4. hauptmann

hauptmann Seasoned Activist

This is what you are talking about

[Gyne refers to female, and mastia refers to the breast. Gynecomastia is strictly a male disease and is any growth of the adipose (fatty) and glandular tissue in a male breast. Not all breast growth in men is considered abnormal, just excess growth.

Finally, drugs can also cause breast enlargement. Estrogens are given to men to treat prostate cancer and a few other diseases. Marijuana and heroin, along with some prescription drugs, have estrogen effects in some men. On the list are methyldopa (for blood pressure), cimetidine (for peptic ulcers), diazepam (Valium), antidepressants, and spironolactone (a diuretic).]

[healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/gynecomastia.html]

This is not a propaganda site, it is a neutral medical source.
  5. CheebaMonkey

CheebaMonkey Sr. Member

Well, that website is mistaken about the part on marijuana. It does not raise (or lower) estrogen levels in men.
  6. BrAiNdAmAgEd

BrAiNdAmAgEd New Member

Like most facts of marijuana...this one is probly blown out of proportion...most likely its just a fraction of users that have this happen...just another fact for DARE to use over and over and over
  7. CheebaMonkey

CheebaMonkey Sr. Member

No, this hasn't happened to a fraction of marijuana users. Smoking pot does not make men grow breasts.

From www.drugpolicy.org
  8. BrAiNdAmAgEd

BrAiNdAmAgEd New Member

oh...well.....YAY
  9. Grapefruity

Grapefruity New Member

heh would be cool if pot could grow girls breats even more
  10. hauptmann

Actually I bet it would because of the increase in estrogen.
  11. CheebaMonkey

CheebaMonkey Sr. Member

Do I need to keep repeating myself? Smoking pot does not increase your estrogen levels. Do I have to type out some studies?

EDIT

:)
  12. ::blazed jae::

::blazed jae:: Sr. Member

why the hell would weed increase estrogen levels? i think people misunderstand the horribly worded propaganda, "weed makes you grow breasts" but theyre really just connecting weed to munchies and people getting fatter + using it in that negative way
  13. Sallad

Sallad New Member

i belive Blazed Jea hit the nail on the head, I was thinking the same thing, I belive people pig out while high, and get more fat deposits in the chest area, thus blaming pot for the increase in fat mass.

So indirectly Pot is the cause, but actually it's just from eating too much.

At least that's my take on it...
  14. TylerDurden

TylerDurden New Member

...LMFAO...so haupmann, like, if i had B-cups, it would be cool, but if i got up above a C, it would suck?

heh...im just messin withya man, i started crackin up when i saw that, it still has a grin on my face.:laugh:
  15. 9billion

9billion New Member

coming from a small-chested female who's been smoking daily for 3yrs, weed does NOT make your breasts grow if you are female.. not that i've seen yet!! :p
  16. hauptmann

Go back and read the post, it was quoted from a website. I didnt write it. I showed the poster what he heard. I'm laughing too, tool ;)

:laugh:
  17. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

:D

What a great thread.... You have no clue how much I needed this giggle :)

...Nice scientific arguemt actually with a double negative proof and alternative hypotheses... And Cheeba Monkey in the background telling everyone where to go :eek: to find the information already proven.

... and my take? let's just say if it were true that smoking marijuana created uncontrolled breast growth due to an increase in estrogen levels in taken into the human body causing mammary enlargement -- Mama would be able to make a helluva good living in Las Vegas instead of being a.... oops...almost told :goof:

...cookies for everyone!

Hugz,

Mama Budz
  18. BrAiNdAmAgEd

BrAiNdAmAgEd New Member

heh..yea just seeing...god DARE really pollutes minds...damn puritans.
  19. slothy

slothy New Member

well... thearedicaly it could make your breasts enlarge as a male, with the following process... Weed = munchies = lots of food = weight gain = breast enlargement :D
  20. Sallad

Sallad New Member

"dead horse"::rocket::

:p