Build your own vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Knowledge, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Knowledge

Knowledge New Member

Hello Fellow MJ Forum Users,

I am thinking of doing a DIY on how to rig up your own low cost vaporizer. I think vaporizing is a much more effective way of medicating using legal herbs. The only current draw back is the current level of technology and the cost associated with it. I currently have several vaporizers from the box and whip to the hand held heating elements that are used in connection with water pipes.

IMHO most vaporizers are over engineered to the point of decreasing the benefit of your medicine and increasing the cost of titrating your medication by increasing the per unit cost of said product, without reducing harm to any significant level.

When I talk about vaporizing (which I have given 2-3 talks on at the local university's NORML gathering) I stress that "harm reduction" factor and was wondering if any of this information would be of benefit to the rest of the forums members.

If anyone would like some information on this or thinks making up the DIY would be helpful to others please give me your feed back.

Thanks,
    Knowledge
  2. p0th3d

p0th3d Sr. Member

So have you actually made the DIY vape or is it just and idea at the moment?...i have been interested in vaporisers for a while but simply cant afford one, and was looking for a guide to a simple home-made vaporizer and would love your insight to a cheap and simple home-made vaporizer.
    Thanks
  3. SleepyJohn

SleepyJohn Sr. Member

You could check out "The F*CK Combustion" Site, They have tons of "inventive" ways to do a Job, that is done at lest as well as the whips,and "heating elements". Experimenting is very good. Copying a True Tested Model,and fixing it's defiances, in Your opinion. Copy,and try to improve the best,so far, then You can market it, if it truly is. After All, Vapor has been studied,and used, for Thousands of Years. Anything new, is just an experiment. Study hard,and make a Vaporizer!
  4. Knowledge

Knowledge New Member

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feed back. So far I have made 4 working vaporizers and about 15-20 that made funny smells or set things on fire ;), the majority of which are lodge in a wall in one of the four sides of my garage for various reason not the least of which is burning me with heating elements.

After my tinkering and experimenting I have found a pretty inexpensive and effective way of channeling warm to medium hot air over fresh material w/o incorporating harmful chemicals or causing any level of combustion. I think that this method of vaporization is a significant harm reduction for medicinal users and would be a benefit to all who choose to consume medicine in an inhaled manner.

I was kind of wondering if others would want to construct one of these for themselves. And if so if a DIY would be a good way to get the information out there.

Thanks again,
    Knowledge
  5. BillyBobAndy

BillyBobAndy New Member

I think a DIY post would be splendid.
  6. homemadebubbler

homemadebubbler Always bubblin'

Could you post some information instead of just beating around the bush? I know I would be interested, as I'm sure many other members of the forum would be.... You just need to cut to the chase...