Can anyone help with the voodoo vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by stoner1967, Mar 4, 2007.

1. stoner1967

stoner1967 New Member

Hey. Bought a voodoo vaporizer a week ago...not quite sure I'm using the damn thing right! Can anyone help?

stoner1967
  2. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I own a VooDoo vaporizer. What exactly do you think you are doing wrong?
  3. stoner1967

stoner1967 New Member

Hey Vicki,

I just don't seem to be getting as good a high from the voodoo as opposed to my bong...is it just a matter of time? I'm going to try and figure it out this afternoon, but was looking for some tips...
  4. stoner1967

stoner1967 New Member

Let's try this again...I'm not sure I'm using it properly. I don't seem to get the same effect as I do from my bong...the effect is quite mild, to be honest...

I started off using it at 300 to 320F. Should I be using it at a lower temperature? How long should it take before I feel anything? Gonna try and figure it out this afternoon, but am looking for any tips you might have.
  5. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I usually set mine at about 380-385F. You have to be VERY careful with this unit because it tends to fluctuate in temperature a lot. Maybe you aren't fully vaporizing your herb because the temp was set lower. That is my guess. Also, never fill the disks more than 1/3 full, and never pack them. The unit works better this way. Are you using a balloon or just drawing from the tubing?
  6. 5drive

5drive Slacker

You won't get the same effect from vaping, no matter which vape you use. Vicki can help you get max effect from the Voodoo, but unless your vaping temp is way high (400+), you're not going to get some toxins with vaping that you do get with smoking. And these toxins all contribute to the 'couch lock' feeling that's part of the 'smoker's high'.

As for the vaping high being 'mild'? That ain't necessarily so. :D
  7. stoner1967

stoner1967 New Member

Hi Vicki.

I tried using the voodoo the way you said, and definitely better results. What other tips can you give me? Do you know how different the voodoo is from the volcano (which I hear is the best one on the market)? How long have you been vaping?
  8. stoner1967

stoner1967 New Member

Hey 5drive.

Thanks for the tip. I guess since I'm trying to avoid the toxins in smoking, I'll just have to get used to the high from a vaporizer. Do you use one? Does anyone who uses a vaporizer smoke as well? Or do most people who vaporize do that exclusively? Been smoking herb for years, don't want to give it up, but feel like I need to do something to make it healthier...and cutting out the crud that comes from smoking is a good step in that direction.
  9. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I'm glad you were able to get better results. Are you using a balloon or just taking the vapor straight from the tubing?

I have never had the pleasure of using a Volcano, so I cannot tell you the difference in the two units. I'm sorry.

I've been vaporizing almost 2 years now. I also own a Vapor Brothers, a Vapor Warez, and a couple Ubie's.
  10. 5drive

5drive Slacker

I use 3 different vapes. One does bags (herbalAire). My wife prefers bag delivery, and I like it sometimes. Some people vape only. Some do both. I take a pipe hit once in a while (tastes nasty to me now), but mostly vape. It depends on the person. Some can't take a lot of smoke for various health reasons. With me, I guess it's just too many years of smoking. I feel a lot better since I discovered and converted to vapor.

The Volcano probably has better temp control than your Voodoo, but basically, if you fill 3 bags with vapor from 3 different bag models, you can't tell what bag was filled by which vape. The Voodoo/Vapir One has a history of fan failures. If yours holds up, you should get good service out of it. If you want to look for a back-up down the road, take a look at the Vaporwarez box. You get more concentrated vapor with a whip style vape. Vicki can help you with that one too. ;)
  11. stoner1967

stoner1967 New Member

I'm using the tubing. Although I should probably use the bag to catch all of the vapors. Why so many different vaporizers? Did you smoke before you started vaporizing? Did it take you a while to get used to the difference?
  12. stoner1967

stoner1967 New Member

Vicki seems to be the queen of vaping! What vaporizer do you use? Why does your wife prefer using the bag? The only reason I can think of for using the bag is less waste...oh, and maybe you get more of a burst of vapors in a shorter time...any other reasons you can think of?
  13. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

5drive is absoluetly correct about the fan failures with the VooDoo/Vapir One. My first Voodoo unit's fan died after only a couple uses. I sent it back, and it was immediately replaced with a new unit. My new Voodoo unit hasn't had a problem.

My Vapor Warez is now my primary vaporizer. :)
  14. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I found that a lot of vapor was lost if I didn't use a balloon, so I decided it was best for me to just use one. It's also the only vaporizer I own with a balloon option, so I take advantage of that.

I have always wanted a back up vaporizer, just in case one died. Now, my back up vaporizer is my Vapor Brothers. There is nothing wrong with it. I just like my new hands free Vapor Warez much better. I wanted the Voodoo because it had the balloon option. I bought the Ubie's for portability, but they take a lot of skill to use properly.

I smoked marijuana for over 20 years before I started vaporizing. I smoked cigarettes too, and that's what killed my lungs.

It took me a little while to use my vaporizers to their maximum efficiency, but I immediately loved vapor. :)
  15. 5drive

5drive Slacker

My favorite vape is the Vapolution. Small bowl, no screen, but as long as I can break off a small piece to vape it works great. Even if it's too small to stay in the bowl I can just turn the unit on its side (the bowl normally goes straight down). With the optional long glass bowl and glass heater tube, it has great taste, and it's 12v for use outside the house, plus I bought the optional 2 hr. battery pack. I use a Vaporlight (box type) for ground or crumbly herb that doesn't do well in the Vapolution bowl, or when I want big vapor hits. The herbalAire has been called the 'mini Volcano'. It uses the same bags, just takes longer to fill and has a separate, external air pump (aquarium type pump). The advantage of bags is that there's no learning curve. You get constant air flow with fan or pump, which keeps the temp steady at the heating chamber. With a whip style vape, where your draw on the whip moves the air through the herb, the temp can vary a lot. Most people, when they first start using a whip, draw too hard on it, and that brings in too much cool air through the heating chamber, which can drop the temp too low to vaporize. So bags are easy (which is what my wife likes) but the vapor is thinner, since it's mixed with air. Whips (without forced air) take some practice, all hits are not the same, but you can get some thick, tasty vapor.

If you want an idea of some of the different vaporizers out there, take a look at vapeguide.com. They've got pictures and some user reviews.

By the way, you can safely tape up any areas that leak vapor on your Voodoo.
  16. stoner1967

stoner1967 New Member

I'm liking vaping more and more...although I did take a hit off the bong the other night...I still don't think I have the technique quite right, but I must be doing something right because I'm getting the munchies like crazy! I'm thinking of getting a volcano...I hear they give quite a high...best on the market, from what I've read...Have you used one?
  17. stoner1967

stoner1967 New Member

I think I had a whipe vaporizer. I bought the BC vaporizer a couple of years ago, but got absolutely nothing from it. Then again, I expected it to work like a bong and didn't have anyone to ask if I was doing things right. I'm now looking into the volcano. Seems like it's the best out there.