Can canines smell through a vacuum sealed bag?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Smokey123, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Smokey123

Smokey123 New Member

So, I'm considering flying with weed. Yes, yes, I know, bad idea, I should get it where I'm going, but I dont know anyone there. Anyway, my plan is to have a sterile environment (i know a house where no weed has ever been smoked) vacuum seal a quarter of bud. Rub that bag down with alcohol (while wearing gloves-worried about my hands, not the location) and vacuum seal again. I was then going to crotch that bag between two pairs of underwear. Assuming (yes its an assumption since we dont know for sure) that NO resin is on either bag at all. If a police dog, trained specifically for sniffing narcotics, walked by me, would he smell the weed?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

~Smoke on! :p
  2. steakii

steakii New Member

Even if they couldnt smell though vacuum sealed bags, there will be residue on the outside of the bag that they will smell even if you do all that stuff. Dogs smell very well.

there is another topic called "Flying high with cannabis" on the forums somewhere that is on the whole topic of brining weed on an airplane. It has alot of useful info use the search button and search for it.
  3. BartSimpson

BartSimpson Sr. Member

Are you flying domestically or internationally?

Because domestic air travelers are not subjected to drug-dog searches, and most of this effort is wasted paranoia.
    6 people like this.
  4. chadwick

chadwick Sr. Member

good plan, bad idea, but i good plan, you probably wont get caught cause drug dogs only detect when they are instructed to detect, otherwise if they are looking for it then your just screwed, they have a great sence of smell
  5. Viper420

Viper420 Sr. Member

Here's an idea......leave it at home.
    2 people like this.
  6. dinkydew1

dinkydew1 New Member

What Viper said. And I`ll add, a very bad judgement call.
    2 people like this.
  7. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

Mail it to yourself at your destination? :shrug:

I'm not up on this, but a dog is pretty good at what he does.........I know that for sure........:rolleyes:

Some Where In Ded Land................
    2 people like this.
  8. THC Fiend

THC Fiend Wonko the Sane

He'll smell it.

Something to do with permeation.
  9. mir83nj

mir83nj New Member

I fly with marijuana pretty regularly. Like Bart said, if you're flying domestic you really don't have anything to worry about. You just need to keep it on you (so you don't have to send it through an x-ray), and in a place that it won't be found if you're patted down. Under the scrot is a good place, and if you don't mind it being squished, you can tape it under the arch of your foot (just make sure you're wearing socks because they WILL make you take your shoes off).

Keep in mind that K9 units in passenger terminals are most likely looking for bombs and terrorist shit, not the dime sack stuffed under your nuts. I almost perpetually have residue all over my jacket, bags, hoodie and usually fingers, and I've walked right past K9 units in the airport without setting them off at all (of course, I didn't have any actual product on me, but I HAD just smoked before I got to the airport). That being said, if the dog IS trained to find marijuana, by the time you see him, it's probably too late.

Keep in mind that this is all anecdotal evidence, which any good scientist will tell don't really mean shit.

EDIT: I forgot to add that if you're one of those unlucky people to be "randomly selected" for additional screening aka strip-searching (i.e. people of Middle Eastern/North African descent), you're pretty much fucked. If you absolutely MUST have it, you can always drop it in a condom, tie that shit off and swallow it. But let's be honest, if you're smoking something that you shit into a toilet, you might want to take a step back and realize you've got a problem.
    4 people like this.
  10. nornerator

nornerator New Member

Dogs cannot smell through anything.

Plastic and most materials are not completely impermeable. There are microscopic holes in the plastic that the aromatic molecules can diffuse out of. It is only a matter of time before the aroma seeps through the plastic bags. This depends on the quality of the plastic and the amount of cannabis being stored.

If you don't want the aroma diffusing out of the bags before you pass airport security seal everything up directly before traveling and the aroma will likely not diffuse out for a few hours.

Take this all at your own risk, the best way to not get caught at the airport is to simply not bring any with you.
  11. PowDawg

PowDawg New Member

Wrap the weed in toilet paper, wash hands, make sure you don't touch the toilet paper after washing your hands, get a bag and a pair of tweezers, hold the bag open with one hand and drop the covered weed in with the other. Seal the bag. Remember, the sooner this is done the better. Wear tighty whities and put the bag under your balls, make sure it's as flat as possible.
  12. Mikeebud

Mikeebud Sr. Member

You and Viper are spamming.

This isn't a survey, He doesn't care about your opinion.
  13. SleepyJohn

SleepyJohn Sr. Member

As already stated, Dogs can't smell through things. We think plastic, is airtight,and, waterproof. Well, it depends on the Plastic. Now, if that's not Pourouse. It has been proven, that The Dogs, cannot smell through a Non-porouse surface. All OUTSIDE scent
    can be disapated, by setting The Package, outside, In The Sun, for More than 5 Hours.
    The Alpha,&,Beta,along with the infared,and, ultra-violet Rays, Somehow defuse the little scent particals,and, make Them clean. Not a Commen Fact!
  14. BudLightYear420

BudLightYear420 New Member

If your gonna fly with weed what you do is get some gym/ athletic shorts with pockets and flip it inside out then stick whatever you have in there.
    My friend did it over the christmas break and he got away with it.
  15. BartSimpson

BartSimpson Sr. Member

Actually that is not a fact at all.

This forum seems to go in vicious little circles of "how do I sneak weed past the dogs at airports" when drug dogs are not used on domestic passengers, period. We went round and round with this topic last week in an Airport Security and Weed thread.

Airports are not drag-nets for domestic travelers with MJ.

To get busted, you must place it in your luggage or in some place that does not remain private when you are secondarily searched.

Placing your weed package in direct sunlight has no effect on the dogs ability to smell the contents. Dogs smell in parts-per-billion (ppb) and as little as 4 or 5 ppb (at a molecular level). To relate this to the human sense of strength, our vision, it would be like seeing a 4 or 5 foot object over 190 miles away. A dog's nose has very special receptors for detection, and does not suffer from olfactory fatigue like humans.

You cannot fool a trained dog's nose - that's why they use dogs.
    2 people like this.
  16. puffpuffpass14

puffpuffpass14 New Member

dogs will not smell the weed on you unless told to search by handler a police dog could run around a car with weed in it and not smell it unless told by handler to search
  17. Everlong2019

Everlong2019 Sr. Member

Well I keep my wallet in the same drawer that I keep my weed in...when I go on vacation in a week to Hawaii am I in danger? lol this never ocurred to me at all.
  18. puffpuffpass14

puffpuffpass14 New Member

no as long as you dont have it on you and your not high lol then you should be fine
  19. MestUp7

MestUp7 Sr. Member

The only way I have heard to fool the dogs is animal urine...I think it was fox urine specifically, but don't quote me on that.
  20. BartSimpson

BartSimpson Sr. Member

How exactly does that work? Do you get the fox to urinate onto the bag directly or do you insert a catheter into the fox's urethra to obtain the urine?

More internet fox urine - or bovine scat.