Can I get high by eating straight weed?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by steven10090, May 11, 2012.

1. steven10090

steven10090 New Member

I've got a gram of some decent stuff and I feel like getting high as hell tonight. My friend said he ate it and about an hour later it just hit him and he was super high. Could I do this and get the same effects or even better?
  2. supereuropa

supereuropa New Member

I think you can, but I guess it isn't enjoyable to eat plain weed buds.
  3. steven10090

steven10090 New Member

Will it get you higher than smoking it because you're not burning anything?
  4. TheHighLife

TheHighLife New Member

pretty sure it does nothing... you hear / see about guys eating an ounce in the car when runnin from narks... wouldn't they be high as fuck in police custody? pretty sure it does little to nothing, bit a fast google search would answer your question.
  5. supereuropa

supereuropa New Member

I'm not sure about that, but it will last a lot longer, like 6 hours I think, and you will get high after about 1 hour after eating it.
  6. supereuropa

supereuropa New Member

((((((((((sorry for the double post))))
  7. WheezyLiam

WheezyLiam New Member

I'm pretty sure you have to cook it/turn it into weed butter to release the thc. So, no, eating straight weed will not get you high in any way. You would have just wasted a good gram.
  8. doliveau420

doliveau420 New Member

are you absolutely retarded? thc is heat activated and will not affect you unless smoked/vaporized/cooked. if people could get medicated off of just eating it then why would people bother to smoke it? tell your friend he's a discrace to stoners everywhere. wtf.
    5 people like this.
  9. NoFear

NoFear New Member

You get high but it takes like 45 minutes to kick in, and the high you get is not very strong
  10. Spaney

Spaney New Member

I wouldn't eat it, honestly. Sounds like a big waste of bud to me.

In order for the active ingredients to pass into your bloodstream, they need to bind to oil/fat particles. This is why many people bake brownies or make "budder".

Excuse my lack of proper scientific terminology, haha.
  11. Mr Lovemuscle

Mr Lovemuscle New Member

Seriously?..........
    How old is your friend bro? 12?
    No you cant. Unless you have alot of weed to waste,
    Which nowadays not many of us are rolling in enough money to waste ganja.
    Im gonna have to agree with 'doliveau420' on this one.
    Im not gonna lie though ive done it before when i was younger out of curiosity....
    (biggest mistake of my life lol) . . .I wasted a whole gram -_-
  12. Durden

Durden New Member

pretty sure you need to have it heated and absorbed into fat or something. your body won't absorb the THC raw I don't think
  13. Takenatoke

Takenatoke New Member

Hello
    This is my first post so here goes.
    Here is how I have come to understand all of this...
    Raw cannabis contains THC-A or (tetrahydrocannabolic acid) and is the non-psychoactive precursor of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol). THC-A needs to be heated in order to change it chemically from THC-A to THC which is the main psychoactive ingredient of the cannabis plant.
    So this being said you must have heat!
    In fact there seems to be a lot of patients actually juicing their cannabis leaves, the health benefits are many.
  14. Teleo9

Teleo9 New Member

I've eaten raw weed before (to prove this point) and it does get you high. However the high is not as strong as smoking or baking so it's probably the weakest form of getting THC in your system.

There is so much confusion on the topic of whether or not THC needs to be "activated" or not and there are hardly any studies that support either view. Personally I believe it does NOT need to be activated but instead heat simply speeds up the bonding process for alcohol and fats to THC which is why people think heat is required. Heat is required, but just for speeding up the chemical reaction. If heat was truly required for THC to be activated, why does putting stems in high alcohol for a long period of time bind the thc to alcohol anyway?