Can I smoke the resin from my vape?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by LowIze99, Aug 18, 2007.

1. LowIze99

LowIze99 New Member

I have a Vapor Brothers vaporizer. I have had it for about a year and the whip has collected quite a bit of resin. I scraped all of it out, and I have kind of a lot, I would guess maybe almost a half gram. Would I be able to smoke this out of my bong, or would it have such a low THC concentration that it wouldn't be worth it. Thanks for the help.
    2 people like this.
  2. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Hey Low, give it a go! :p It's condensed vapor, call it residue. You can vape it or smoke it. It's a lot better than the black gunk you scrape from a smoking implement. Another plus for vaping. The leftovers are potent and tasty. :drool:
  3. LowIze99

LowIze99 New Member

Awesome. That was the answer that I was hoping for. I'm getting blown tonight.
  4. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

I was thinking about doing this myself after i got a good amount saved up in my hoses.... I wasn't sure how different it was than bong resin/pipe resin...

.... until I saw this post, thanks 5drive.

Make sure to update later and tell us how it goes man!
  5. dailysmoker

dailysmoker Subscriber

We cleaned out the whip and smoked it last night. It was our first time trying it and while we didn't have much...it got us pretty high. Great high and tastes SO much better than pipe resin. I won't touch that stuff anymore.

Have fun!
  6. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

If you're vaping at anywhere close to the proper temperature, the stuff that condenses on the inside of the whip is pure, distilled cannabis resin. Amazing stuff!

Rather than try to scrape it out, I have a much simpler technique. I fill the whip with 90% isopropyl alcohol (high percentage rubbing alcohol) and let it sit overnight. I pour out the alcohol and dissolved resin into a large, flat, glass pan (my brownie pan) and let the alcohol evaporate. If I want to be particularly picky, I repeat the process to get every last bit of resin.

When the alcohol is completely evaporated, I scrape the gooey goodness off the bottom of the glass pan with a single-edge razor blade. Putting a drop of this stuff on top of a load of weed in the whip will send you to the moon! I think you get a lot more out of it if you vape it rather than smoke it.
    2 people like this.
  7. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

I know what you mean, I've only smoked (combustion) resin once or twice - and I am not fond of it at all. It's... nasty tasting.
  8. tokinGLX

tokinGLX Sr. Member

i take my vape resin, throw it back in the bowl(well, nowdays i put it in my double screened wand i use just for hash/vape resin), turn the heat up a notch and vape it. does a hellova job of puttin me to sleep.
  9. djelimon

djelimon New Member

Buzzby, I tried your method, it seems to work pretty well. The stuff I scraped up was kind of not quite solid, not quite liquid - some of it clumped. A drop hit my tongue, kind of went numb right there for a while, but in a good way. Hard stuff to handle though.
  10. tekkenlaw

tekkenlaw Sr. Member

I usually mix it into my weed for my next vape session.