Can IT Kill You?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Richi, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Richi

Richi CB1 receptor agonist

my friend and i were just talking about marijuana and comparing it with more-lethal, legal drugs, and i pointed out to him what i read in a geekly weekly magazine (New Scientist - the same article that i posted about here)

anyways.. i told him it takes, for instance, 60 mg of nicotine OR 10 g of caffine to kill you, where as, with cannabis, "No fatal dose has ever been recorded in humans."

so we got thinking... and we came up with this: how would you feel if you drank one litre of hash oil? :liplick: yes, its a lot, and my friend is convinced it would indeed kill you, yet im sticking by my geekly weekly magazine, and i think you would get very dizzy, sick, definetly vomit, and pass out. but wake up 48 hours later, recover, and be fine.

n e other opinions out there?
  2. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Eeerrpp! (Excuse me!)

I doubt you could avoid barfing most of it and getting a world-class case of diarrhea. Even the thought of drinking that much oil, even something good for you like olive oil, makes me want to barf. If you could somehow keep it down I think you would go unconscious within a few minutes and remain so for several days. When you woke up you'd be very far gone, like on a massive dose of LSD. Over a course of days you would become less and less stoned until, eventually, you'd be back to normal.

It sounds like a great sequence for a stream-of-consciousness novel.

I think I'd prefer to get my giant dose by IV administration of pure THC.
  3. Richi

yea, makes sence what you said, but what about your heart rate? i know the first time i got high, my heart was pounding like crazy. my world (vision) was spinning back and forth. not until 15-20 min l8er did it kid of step down a notch. i was stil high, but in a different way.

in short: cound your heart rate increase so much from marijuana that it would just give out?
  4. trickylv

trickylv New Member

deaths are only recorded by means of overdose..but you cant overdose on it but lung cancer is the most common death from it..im not sure about the hash oil..
  5. Richi

ok.. good point,
    death by overdose but dose that include, something like i said before, your heart rate speeding up until the point that you die, and your heart rate sped up because of marijuana?
  6. Buzzby

As far as I know, there has never been a recorded case of lung cancer due to smoking marijuana. Where do you get your information?
    3 people like this.
  7. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

There's no solid evidence supporting that claim, or any cancer for that matter. Quite the opposite actually.

And you couldn't die from drinking that much oil, however you would barf and be pretty sick just from dinking that much oil in the first place. That just sounds horrible. Now, if you were to bake that in something and eat it...

Back in biblical times they put 9 pounds of bud in oil and poured it over someone, if no one died from that, why would drinking a fraction of that doing anything?
  8. Buzzby

That recipe calls for 6.5 liters of oil. I doubt that they used a full batch on one anointee. Also absorption through the skin is much less efficient than absorption through the stomach and intestines. I don't think the anointing oil would put anywhere near as much THC into your bloodstream as drinking a quart of hash oil. The object of anointing kings and high priests was not to render them unconscious for several days.

OTOH, getting a full-body massage with the anointing oil sounds like a lot more fun than drinking a quart of hash oil. :D
  9. Higher Logic

Either way, it wouldn't kill you :)
  10. His Highness

His Highness New Member

What if you drowned in it?

Didn't think of that, did ya???

-HH
  11. Higher Logic

Bah, semantics ;) How about this: ingesting, regardless of method, an entire liter's worth of hash, will not kill you due to a direct result from the psychoactive effects and toxicity of cannabis. However, a bale of hay on anyone's head will kill them, regardless of what it is :D
  12. Richi

hahaha good call.

anything can kill you if its thrown hard enough. well maby not anything, but just about...
  13. snakedbz2

snakedbz2 New Member

there are no recorded deaths but how many people do you know tried to drink a litre of oil i read in a reference book at the library back when i first started smoking that one would have to consume 15 pounds of marijuana to overdose which is physically impossible, but from the oil youll probably get sick and vomit though oil ughhhhhhh

more info here
  14. Richi

i beleive this jack herer guy said 1500 lbs of marijuana?
    dats a lot of weed. :laugh:
  15. pizot

pizot New Member

i dont think it will kill u at all...but it does have tar in it so u could get lung cancer...but i think that is all....i dont kno any one that has ever died forom smoking to much pot...or eatting at that...
  16. Buzzby

Marijuana also contains components that fight cancer. There has never been a case of lung cancer attributable to smoking marijuana only.
  17. Higher Logic

And since we were talking about eating it, not smoking it, you wouldn't get much tar in your lungs ;) Cannabis is almost like "snake oil," it's the cure-all if you will and definately needs to be exposed to the "in the dark" public who aren't clear on it's medicinal benefits. And who can blame them, with so much information coming from both sides, it's sometimes hard to tell unless, like the people here, you are immersed in the information all day, every day.
  18. rodley

rodley New Member

Drink a gallon of hash oil

The first time I had hash, I was living in the port town of New Orleans, I had been smoking pot for a few months, definitely new to it, the year was 1967. A friend who had a seaman brother called me and a friend over to his house. He pulled out a pretty good sized piece of dark gooey hash hish,
    he cut a piece off and put it in a spoon and heated it over a fire on the stove. He had several cigarettes emptied out, when the hash was fairly fluid, he poured the hash over the tobacco and mixed it in. He rolled several joints and lit one and we all shared it.

All I remember after that is staring into his dirty green shag carpet, neither my friend or I could move for what seems like hours, all we could do was stare. From that hash we stayed stoned for several days, I've never been the same since, oh wait, I must be thinking of the LSD, the cactus, the mushroom, it was all of those things combined, it was a wonderful period in my life, the Sixtes, I don't really remember them much because I was there.

I remember the first time I went to San Francisco, it was in the winter of 1967, the street was alive with many flower children, you could not walk more than a few steps without someone saying loud enough for you to hear, "lids, pounds, hash, acid." A 4 finger lid of quality pot was $8. but if you didn't have any extra money all you had to do was go into the park and sit on hippie hill and wait for the burning joint to come your way.

My friend and I bought a half a kilo, it was on Haight, it was $50. someone on the floor spread out a newspaper, threw down a key, cut it in half, that was it.

On Haight I was anxious to smoke a joint, I was near the theater, I asked several dudes where I could safely go to smoke a joint, there were a few policemen across the narrow street, one of the guys pulled a joint out and lit it, chocolate papers no less.

I lost my paranoia there but back in New Orleans, one single seed was a bust and the establishment was fanatical about it, they still may be.

I always figured that pot made smokers paranoid because the penalty was so harsh in most of the nation.

From Frisco we went down to the Hollywood hills outside of Los Angeles, I bought a kilo of gold bud for $125. that a friend wired me. We took the 3 pounds that we now had back to New Orleans and a bunch of us stayed stoned for about 9 months when it ran out.

It's been a wild ride.

Rod

P.S. I've never quit smoking pot, I did give up cigarettes though because nicotine constricts our blood vessels and is not healthy, I had a stroke, if I had smoked more pot, I probably would not have had it, thc dilates the blood vessels in our heads, it has the opposite effect. Had I quit cigarettes and just smoked pot, the stroke may never had happened.

I moved to the southwest part of the united states, in the latter part of the Eighties, there was a dry period, I found a source and started dealing, it was fun, a good life experience, I was finally busted, I knew that I eventually would be but also knew that I was not doing anything wrong so I served my penalty, I have no regrets, screw the ignorant piggies.
  19. FOGNOG2

FOGNOG2 New Member

bruce lee hash

both the doctors that did bruce lee's autopsy think that he died from consuming large amounts of nepalise hash.
  20. four2ohh

four2ohh New Member

i dont think its toxic but youd definately throw up