Can k9's smell...

Discussion in 'Water Pipes' started by Nick360, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Nick360

Nick360 New Member

Can a k9 smell the weed from my bong after i smoked from it?
  2. Bhikku

Bhikku News Administrator

Yeah. Can't you?

If you can smell it, you can be sure it's blatantly obvious to a dog, whose sense of smell is WAY stronger than that of a human. Whether or not they're trained to track drug paraphrenalia is a completely different story...but I would put money on yes.
    4 people like this.
  3. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

You better know it brother.
    Here's the best you can expect...

[​IMG]
    3 people like this.
  4. FunkySkunky

FunkySkunky Gentille, allouette

Indeed. Dogs can often find contact traces (touching weed with fingers, touching outside of container, bag etc leaving trace amounts), I think that's pretty impressive. I've heard the sense of smell for dogs as being "layered" or they can detect a multitude of olfactory stimuli and somehow consiciously focus on groups of or individual smells. That's sweet. :D
  5. Lit_Match

Lit_Match New Member

As K9 training stands now, they really aren't smelling to detect burnt marijuana.They're trained to pick up on the bud itself.

It's really not that simple though, there are hundreds of different scents to marijuana, and a smart dog that wants it's toy will zero in on any one of them (which may be one of the many residual scents after the marijuana has been smoked).

Odds are though you'd have better odds passing a drug dog inspection with a bong that has ash in it than you would be with a quarter bag in you pocket.
  6. dirtbomb

dirtbomb Hippie

I think NORML and the Humane Society should team up to pair retired sniffer Dogs with old stoners. When we forget where the hell we left our stash, Fido goes to work. :laugh:
    4 people like this.