can the smell oweed get you high??

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by st0ner777, Jul 12, 2010.

1. st0ner777

st0ner777 New Member

Aight well me and my dad and my stepmom went to Kansas and me and my dad were leaving after he smoked a cig it was around 1:30am and some guy goes yo man you got a light so my dad gave it to him we had 2 hold the doors open so we wouldnt get locked out and then i smelled it and ofc my dad saw how he lit it and it was a joint but i smelled it for maybe 10 seconds went back in the room,and i just started laughing not histarcial laughing but just kinda like ha and so i thought nothing of it and u know when u get the stoned red eyes well went to the restroom aand my eyes were red as hell but then it wore off after like 20 mins so can can u get high from the smell?
  2. p0th3d

p0th3d Sr. Member

The smell alone, will not get you high. Second hand joint smoke will however get you high as there is still some THC left in the smoke.
    If you have ever been given a 'blow back' (where someone takes a hit and blows it in your direction), it can have quite an effect.

But i have many times been cropping plants and the smell is sooo overwhelming its almost sickly, but you still don't get high off of it.
    2 people like this.
  3. st0ner777

st0ner777 New Member

ok thx
  4. Ryan 4891

Ryan 4891 New Member

i wish you could get high off just the smell. your sack would last foreverrrr!!
  5. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

Commas and periods are your friend.

Now that that's out of the way...

No you can't get high from the smell, you can however get high from secondhand marijuana smoke but not from secondhand off a joint. You'd have to walk into a hotbox and even then it's debatable as to how high you would get.

Psychologically though, you could have thought you were getting high and somehow you convinced yourself that you were. It could have been brought on by anything, like the stress from being around someone smoking weed with your dad, when you yourself smoke and may be keeping it a secret from him, could easily cause you to become nervous about the situation and laugh and carry on about it as if you were indeed high.
    2 people like this.
  6. newcarcaviar

newcarcaviar Sr. Member

Smelling marijuana will not get you high. Even second hand smoke will not do much. Most of the THC in the smoke is absorbed by the original smoker's lungs before exhaling so there is very little THC in it. You would need to inhale a buttload of second hand marijuana smoke to feel anything.

I'm pretty sure it was all in your head. 10 seconds of smelling weed is not going to give you any effect.
    3 people like this.
  7. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

The smell won't get you high, unless you're one of the lucky few who can get high just by thinking about it.

Second hand smoke, even hotboxing, does not get enough THC into your system to make you fail a UA, so I'm pretty confident that second hand smoke won't get you high.
  8. BullHorn

BullHorn New Member

On the other hand, it smells so good you might want to eat it! :)