Can they drug test right after your interview?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by MonarchX, Mar 31, 2008.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

I had several interviews with this company already, and now they are down to several people (including me) and they invited me over for an all-day interview in their main facility
    I won't name the company, but its big in pharmaceutical manufacturing. Their headquarters also have a distribution center/warehouse built-in. I searched on TestClear and there are 10 or so reports of drug testing for that company, 9 reports say URINE, but some reports are old. One of the new reports said HAIR, but it was a different state.
    I also found out that a drug test must be scheduled within 48 hours of the job offer.

What are the chances they will drug test me on site during or right after the interview?
    I do not even know what type of drug test it is...

Here is my plan of action:
    1. A friend will drive me, so if they do ask I will tell them I can't make the driver wait... what else can I say?
    2. I will definitely bring Quick Fix 4 (2 bottles and thermometer). I will also prepare for dilution. Buuut.... it would be unfeasable to dilute since I can't be running to the bathroom every 20 minutes AND I have to drive there for 3 hours.
    3. What if its a hair test? I would have to start treating my hair now for it.

None of these things are an issue if they won't drug test me right after the interview though.
  2. FunkySkunky

FunkySkunky Gentille, allouette

If you found out that they must schedule 48 hours after the job offer then hope like hell they don't contact you before then. They probably won't test you on site, especially if you let them know you're tight on time. Most employers will allow a day or so for a drug test in my experience. Otherwise, substitution would probably be the best way to beat it if you do get the job and need to test.
  3. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

Well they need to interview me one more final time to offer me the job (there are 3 candidates and 2 positions opened). I think drug tests are requested within 48 hours of the actual job offer.

Should I ask a friend to call them and ask which type of drug test they perform?
  4. FunkySkunky

Absolutely. Make sure you know everything you possibly can about what they're practices are.
  5. CADILLAC FATS

CADILLAC FATS Member

Be prepared.

I was had an interview for a job with about six others. As soon as isigned all the papers for the job and was hired, i was given drug testing papers and told i had to submit urine by the end of the day. Always be ready for the unexpected.
  6. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

Most places won't even give you the answer the same day!
    But thanks! Its good to know!
  7. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

Whats a good way to formulate a question? Just ask for hiring manager and then straight forwardly ask "Is there a pre-employment drug screen? What kind is it?
  8. FunkySkunky

Yeah, you have the right to know everything about the pre-employment process. Ask politely and let on that you have a tight schedule. Make them think you're inquiring for the sake of scheduling and preparedness.
  9. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

I wonder if its OK to call yourself or if you should ask a friend not to create any suspicion (so they won't ask for second sample just in case, but I am brining 2 QuickFixes for that).
  10. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

It is ILLEGAL to dilute and sub in my state!

I read the state and law and here is what it says:

So, if I get caught... is it likely that the company will just call the cops on me?

Is it difficult to prove in court your innocence in this case?
  11. Darque Pervert

Darque Pervert Jive Honkey

Considering you are falsifying documents related to employment (for most UA situations), it would be illegal in any/all states.

And I would think the action taken by the lab or the company ordering the UA would depend on them, really.
  12. feedyourhead

feedyourhead Girly Girl

does this really surprise you, monarch? seriously?
  13. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

No, I looked up at many states and very few have this specific law.
  14. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

Yes, because I remember reading on these forums that diluting and subbing is not illegal, but if you do get caught then you won't be hired or they will ask for a second sample.
  15. FXjohn

FXjohn New Member

it doesn't say it's illegal to drink a lot of water, consume aspirin, creatine, gatorade, vitamins or tums, or dilute yourself.
    The wording to me seems to say you can't add water to the sample.
  16. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

They don't need a specific law. Falsifying employment application materials is "fraud", which is illegal everywhere.
  17. Secs

Secs New Member

I find it extremely ironic that you fear getting in trouble with the law for attempting to dilute or sub a drug test, but you apparently aren't all that afraid to smoke pot in the first place.

In case you weren't aware...

SMOKING POT IS ALSO ILLEGAL AND IF CAUGHT, YOU COULD GO TO JAIL

Quit finding crap to scare yourself with. Just concentrate on passing your test.
  18. FunkySkunky

Yeah, you can call anonymously I suppose. Good to have all your bases covered with the second sample and all.;)
  19. Darque Pervert

I believe his response was to your question about asking a friend who works for the company if they drug test and the process involved.
    I wouldn't call a prospective employer and ask about drug testing policy.
  20. Darque Pervert

But Sec...
    MonarchX doesn't smoke pot. He gave it up months ago after an unpleasant run-in with the law. Right MonarchX?
    :rolleyes: