Can vitamin b2 give a false positive on a drug test?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by Truthteller, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Truthteller

Truthteller New Member

I found a lot of information saying that b2 can give a false positive for thc. Many dilution methods include b2... What the deal?
  2. colakoala

colakoala New Member

B2 is riboflavin, something in a lot of the food we eat daily. It would be ridiculous to think it could false-positive. What you're reading is misinformation.
  3. Blunnted

Blunnted New Member

I agree, there is no way the vitamin B2, or any B vitamins for that matter, would result in a false-positive. That sounds completely bogus.
  4. colakoala

colakoala New Member

If you have a lot of B vitamins in your piss and you deliver a large sample fast, they might (MIGHT) get suspicious. Your urine tends to be really yellow only when you're dehydrated, and when you're dehydrated it's unlikely that you can deliver urine quickly. This just means don't give them a bright yellow sample, or if you do be ready to use the "I drank an energy drink on the way so I knew I'd pee" excuse.
  5. DrugTestDave

DrugTestDave Moderator

B2 will not cause a false positive. What will raise some eyebrows is for your urine to be fluorescent yellow, which all B vitamins can cause in higher concentrations. The color itself shouldn't matter, but the raising of the red flag could make it an automatic GC/MS based on what the tech marks down on paperwork. And that is where you could run into trouble if you have any reason to believe your sample is not 100% on the up and up.

-Dave