can weed go bad?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by sammysmoker, Sep 28, 2009.

1. sammysmoker

sammysmoker New Member

if you keep for weed for to long will the THC turn bad or something? or does it last forever? just curious because i want to start buying bigger quanities instead of dubs and 1/8ths so i can keep it when ever i need it. but i dont want to keep it for to long, so whats the maximum time i could keep weed without it going bad? in an air tight container

2. THCdude

THCdude New Member

Should stay good for a long arse time. I mean if ya can find a freezer and keep it cold lol.. keeps it fresh ;).

Now I would say if ya did keep it in a tight container just check it out every so often to make sure no mold has grew... other than that it should stay pretty good..

If I am not mistaken you should keep it out of the sun and heat lol. Not sure.

2 people like this.
  3. Bodhi1976

Bodhi1976 New Member

Mj doesn't go bad, but the potency degrades over time as the THC oxidizes into non-psychoactive compounds. To make it last, keep it away from heat, light, moisture, and air. The best way I know of to store weed is in vacuum-sealed canning jars in the refrigerator.

Buzzby said in one thread that he's kept some for two years that way with minimal loss of potency.

2 people like this.
  4. Yana Usdi

Yana Usdi Dogs best friend

True, but he'll also tell you that he vacuum seals it and keeps it cool and dark, the way it's supposed to be stored.

Air, light, and heat are your biggest problems with storing for a period of time. If properly stored it keeps for a while, otherwise it breaks down a lot quicker. Most of us don't need to worry about vacuum seals and such, a mason jar with a tight lid and a fridge will do, but for years rather than months it's probably not a bad idea.

5. Bodhi1976

Bodhi1976 New Member

Isn't that exactly what I said?

6. Audio

Audio Ω∫§¥∂∞≈

I keep some good buds in a tupperware container in my closet, some of them are 1-2 years old and they still get me blazed off of a couple hits.. Don't really need a vacuum seal, a fridge, and other expensive things... The amount of lost potency of keeping it in a tupperware container compared to a vacuum seal in a fridge would be pretty much unnoticeable, unless you're keeping it for like 5+ years or something...

7. Yana Usdi

Yana Usdi Dogs best friend

Yeah it is, sorry about that. Can't claim anything better than tired eyes from reading too much today, must have just skimmed it. Either that or it was a pure brain fart, take your pick ;)