Can Weed survive a washing machine and dryer?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by funkyfeet44, Feb 5, 2011.

1. funkyfeet44

funkyfeet44 New Member

I accidentally left a .5 zipped bag of weed in the pocket of my jacket that went through the washing machine and dryer. Is it still smokeable or ruined?

2. Brad420

Brad420 Sr. Member

If its well bagged it should still be smokable, If you notice it is moist, chances are that water and washing detergent got into it, And I would'nt recommend smoking it

2 people like this.
  3. Maow

Maow New Member

Yeah, this is a little sketchy. Since we can't see it over the internet, just decide if there's any detergent in it. If there isn't and it's just water, smoke it. But if it smells like fresh laundry instead of bud, you probably shouldn't.

Although I would anyway. haha

2 people like this.
  4. kmak

kmak Sr. Member

Dont risk it weed is a renewable resource

5. stonerr6758

stonerr6758 New Member

its only .5 if it got wet i dont think its worth even trying to smoke unless your broke.

6. GoSmokeMore

GoSmokeMore New Member

this. in my case, im broke, so if it didn't smell like fresh laundry I'd toke it

7. Medici

Medici New Member

Weed can mold, so be careful if you do smoke it not to smoke any mold, because inhaling mold spores can kill you. You would have to find a way to dry it sufficiently and quickly if it got wet, and like everyone else said, you probably don't want to smoke detergent!

I've heard that if weed that contains too much moisture is smoked, it can make you very sick, but I have never experienced this personally.

I would throw it away... But I know how sacred that "last little bit" can be. :p Good luck!

8. GunCow

GunCow Sr. Member

Don't smoke that dude. Do not smoke that.

Even if that shit was air-tight it would still be a little fucked up. I put dryer sheets in my stash and my pot ended up having a disgusting dryer-sheet taste. I can't imagine what it would be like with laundry detergent. Toss that shit.

9. Maow

Maow New Member

Oh yeah, you should definitely make sure it's dry. You can get pneumonia with too much moisture in your lungs.

10. Lpwn_Ranger

Lpwn_Ranger Sr. Member

Pop it in the toaster oven at like 200 degrees (you may want to find the boiling point of THC and go below that) for a few mins.
    I had a friend who when his stash would get wet (pretty common occurrence seeing as how he was clumsy and lived in a particularly wet part of a Seattle) would toast it for a little bit. It made his house smell like pot, but so did the pot that we were smoking.
    If it's only half a gram I'd just toss it, or mix it with some schwag and sell it.