can you cook with weed without making butter

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by iKumBud, Sep 20, 2011.

1. iKumBud

iKumBud New Member

i was watching How High and the guy just shredded up his weed and put it in brownie mix i was wondering if this actually gets u high cuz making cannabutter takes for ever :confused:

2. mallitia95

mallitia95 Sr. Tokemaster

It wont work.

3. iKumBud

iKumBud New Member

why not

4. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

Wrong is does work..It just doesn't taste the best..

Depending on quality of your budz and how much lets say brownies or cookies you want to make..Will determin how much budz to use.Must also be ground up real fine if you can get it that way..
    Since you will be using straight weed your going to need more oil in whatever your making..Because the weed will soak up the moisture..Hence you need to add more oil..

5. mallitia95

I was thinking that it wouldnt work because of the high temperatures brownies are cooked at. If the weed isnt already in a psychoactive form then wouldn't it just all be destroyed when baking the brownies? Ive always just used canabutter. Sorry for posting on this before trying cooking without cannabutter.

6. Pothead 602

Pothead 602 New Member

try looking up firecracker recipe and honey slides recipe!

7. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

My weed is always in a psychoactive form, that's why I smoke or eat it.

8. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

Actually I forgot to mention if your baking with weed..The recipie says bake at 350..You need to bake at 300, for a longer duration..That way you don't burn the weed, and or thc out what your baking..When you bake at higher temps it detroys your chance of getting high..SOrry I should have put that in my origanal post..

2 people like this.
  9. mallitia95

The reason you smoke it is to make it psychoactive. Thats why you dont eat weed raw.

10. Jibberish

Jibberish New Member

Yes

I suggest you use organic coconut oil found at your local Health Food store my "freind" has the recipe for some thc pills he wont say the exact mesurements but it healther than butter ,and man if you use that instead of butter in brownies it supa-dupa .........:afro:

11. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

I eat raw weed and it gets me quite stoned. Your theory about needing to heat weed to make it psychoactive has a little bit of credibility but is over stated by teens who haven't lived long enough to gain the practical experience to know how narrow that argument is. Eat a gram of high end weed on an empty stomach and you will get very, very stoned. I'm sorry if your limited experiences have deprived you of this pleasure, but everything you read on the internet isn't true.

12. mallitia95

Your getting a placebo affect. The only reason to ever eat weed raw is to hide it from the cops.

13. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

This is a common response from people who haven't tried to eat raw weed. It's amazing how many people who have tried it report the same experiences about heavy/bloodshot eyes and an over whelming sensation of being really stoned. You don't know what your missing.

14. iKumBud

iKumBud New Member

well i was wondering cuz i got caught smoking in the bathroom at school and i ate like a dub of bud when they found me and i got blown off my ass

2 people like this.
  15. ZoZo

ZoZo New Member

It's still a huge waste of bud whether it effects you or not. You'd have to eat a whole quarter ounce of the shit to feel an effect, or maybe more than that. If you really want to experience the pleasant and lengthy buzz you get from ingesting it, bake a gram in 2 firecrackers and you'll be good for the rest of the night.

2 firecrackers + a few bowls of kush = a happy camper

- edit -

Looks like I missed your first post about eating a gram raw. I remember making a failed batch of FCs in the microwave, nuked for about 30 seconds. I ate it and I felt nothing all night. If eating raw weed really gets you high, I should of felt something because I did eat that weed on a completely empty stomach.

16. mallitia95

The effect came from when you were smoking the weed, not eating it.

17. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

A lot of guesses and maybes in this thread. Here's the skinny....

No, you can't get a QUALITY buzz from just eating it. It must be heated to get the full effect. Cannabutter is the best way to make brownies. The last time I made butter I just spread it on my muffin and it was great. She liked it too..........;)

Seriously, you can grind your herb and put it in food, but the main thing is to not get it too hot......

Get in the forum and do a search, (How many times have I said that...:rolleyes:) and you will find your answers.....

Ded......

18. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

ZoZo

If you nuked the firecrackers for 30 seconds you probably vaped the thc out of the bud. At that point it was no longer raw weed. It was overcooked/over vaped weed and shouldn't have any potency left in it. I nuked weed for 20 seconds once and it caught on fire. That is why I make my microwave firecrackers with multiple 10 second burst and small breaks inbetween to not vape the weed while cooking.

Make any sense?

19. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

I have searched this site and find so many threads unrelated to eating raw weed that it isn't worth the time to sort through them all. However I have googled the phrase
    Eating raw marijuana
    And found a variety of post on various sites that mirror my own positive experiences eating raw weed. Those that dispute the idea usually refute it for a few common themes.

1) I've always heard it had to be cooked in something.
    Not that long ago everybody knew that MJ weakened the resolve of white women and made them susceptible to the sexual advances of black men. The internet didn't exist then, but since the government made a movie about it , it had to be true.
    There are three categories of substances that will begin being absorbed into the blood stream (for delivery to the brain) in the stomach. They are lipids, alcohol, and some pharmaceuticals, most notably aspirin. Thus cooking weed into fats or alcohol eliminates the need to first digest the plant matter. Thus we are delivering a bigger dose of thc into our system without having to wait for the plant matter to be broken down first. Cooking it into something is more efficient, but not necessary.

2) It has to be heated first, sometimes mentioning decarboxylation, like my friend mallitia95. In googling the phrase decarboxylation of marijuana
    We learn that decarboxylation does indeed transform more of the chemical compounds of the plant into thc, a good thing. However, many, including mallitia95, fail to realize that this process begins as soon as the plant begins to loose moisture and will occur naturally over time, or can be speeded up by applying low levels of heat. My own theory, having lived in the day when commercial MJ was less potent and frequently a little moist, is that this concept was much more important in the 70s and early 80s, then it is in the current era of boutique growers who take more care in curing their crops then Juan Valdez did down in Mexico or Columbia. Thus the weed I get that is dried on a food dehydrator is as decarboxylated as it can get.

Ed Rosenthal

or

decarboxylation of marijuana

3)Or the infamous, you would have to have a stomach like a cows (moo).
    This a rhetorically profound sounding statement that means nothing. We digest all varieties of raw vegetable matter in salads, and spinach salads are recommended for people that need to add iron to their diets. So why shouldn't we be able to digest a little pot?

My experiences with eating raw weed probably number around 50 + or - a little. The results have been inconsistent. And I believe that the effects are subtle enough that a heavy smoker and or a hyper teen/young adult would not usually find them that amusing. However I have found that small amounts of raw weed before boring social or family functions gives me a tiny little pot party in my head without stinking like pot or being so loaded I can't function. On the occasions that I can smoke with small amounts of eaten weed the effects are quite pleasurable, and the effects of both are enhanced. I have had very positive and fairly intense experiences eating raw weed after consuming a small fat laden breakfast of eggs&cheese cooked in butter, a piece of buttered toast, and then 1/2 gram of weed mixed into a small cup of yogurt about 30 minutes later.

This issue gets rehashed, no pun intended, form time to time and I am always frustrated by the people who are content to argue about the ineffectiveness of raw consumption on the premise of that's what I've always heard. Please, with a modestly open mind follow the thread about eating raw marijuana and notice how many people relate first experiences about raw consumption and notice how many people refute it with lines like "I always thought it had to be heated". I know it's a novel thought but maybe there is something to be learned form the first hand experiences of others, instead of blindly following what you previously have believed is common knowledge, even though you have never tested it.

mallitia95 - Congratulations, you correctly spelled and used the word placebo in a sentnce. I am sure you get As on all you vocabulary test. Your style of debate/arguing suffers from what logicians refer to as The fallacy of false authority. In spite of having the internet at your disposal you fail to offer any collaborating evidence or references about your assertions regarding the inability of raw weed to get one stoned. Claiming to be your own authority, that is that, is, in the colloquial jargon of a cow state like Oklahoma, bullshit.

20. mallitia95

I could waste time and get refferences or I could just use common sence and know that if I eat weed raw im not going to get high. Ive swallowed weed trying to hide it before and it sucked ass trying to swallow it. No high at all.
    EDIT: Why mislead people and let them waste there bud??
    EDIT2: Look at the picture.

Attached Files: