Can you smoke hemp materials and get high

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by 1death5, Feb 6, 2010.

1. 1death5

1death5 New Member

I have this lotion and it has hemp as one of the ingrediants. I was wondering if you could extract the Canabis Sativa(hemp) from it and smoke it to get high?

2. toothfairy420

toothfairy420 Stoner Chique

No.

Also, hemp is made from cannabis ruderalis, not sativa and it contains only trace elements of thc, not enough to get even a fly high.

3. 1406

1406 Retired

Nope, the lotion does not contain THC. Check the back of the packaging, most hemp lotions say 'THC Free'.

4. Hellraz0r

Hellraz0r Sr. Member

That's one thing a lot of the people who don't want hemp/marijuana legalized think, they think hemp gets you high but it doesn't at all.

5. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

If a hemp product is sold legally in the United States, it doesn't contain THC.

Where did you come up with this? Not true at all. Fiber strains are mostly Sativa because they're tall and skinny, and can be planted very close together.

6. CrayzStoner

CrayzStoner New Member

Hemp has less than 1% THC in it, so the idea of smoking hemp to get high is just ridiculous.

Trust me man..only smoke this stuff...

[​IMG]

7. Hellraz0r

Hellraz0r Sr. Member

It almost looks pretty.. hahahah

8. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Actually, Ruderalis is a subspecies of Cannabis Sativa...

9. Grass-Smoka

Grass-Smoka 303% Acid

Hemp only has ~0.3% THC anyways, and that's before the process of making it into goods. I would believe that after all is done, there will be almost no THC. You can smoke it, but it will be a waste for your lungs and whatever hemp product you have.

10. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Me, I'd rather sit in the sun, hemp in hand, and make up a turkshead...:chokin:

11. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Well… Sort of…

The whole species is Cannabis Sativa. The subspecies are Cannabis Sativa Sativa. Cannabis Sativa Indica, and Cannabis Sativa Ruderalis. Some people credit Cannabis Sativa Afghanica as a separate subspecies while others consider it to be part of the Indica subspecies. Sativas tend to be tall crops with relatively few branches and leaves. Indicas are short and broad. Ruderalis is very short and scrubby.

All strains grown for fiber are mostly or totally Sativa.

2 people like this.
  12. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Exactly...

13. Grass-Smoka

Grass-Smoka 303% Acid

Exactly...

14. Sproggs

Sproggs Sr. Member