Can you use Marijuana as chew?

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by brownie, Oct 13, 2004.

1. brownie

brownie New Member

Just a thought. Could you put a nug in your lip and swallow the juices? Would it get you high?

brownie

2. jewishjake420

jewishjake420 New Member

Yes

You could.... but it would taste like ****.

3. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

Moving to Questions/Comments under the Recipe section.

4. LegalizeIt420

LegalizeIt420 New Member

Thays not true. I like the taste of bud. Its kinda spicy :liplick:

peace

5. Cassius

Cassius Seasoned Activist

Whether it's dissolved by your saliva or dissolved by your gastric acid, it still ends up in your bloodstream. The general consensus is that eating marijuana straight WILL get you high, but it takes a larger amount than if you cook it (which takes a larger amount than if you smoked it). I.e., it is possible, but you might have to eat a couple of grams or more to get high.

6. greypoe

greypoe Sr. Member

It really only takes me a gram, and it doesnt even have to be very potent.
    I just leave the bud in my mouth for 20 minutes or more chewing and pressing the pulp to the roof of my mouth. When you lift your tongue up, or move it around, your saliva glands release more. Your saliva absorbs the good stuff..

7. Arsenal

Arsenal Resident Chef

Yeah, just be careful.

If you don't grow your own, you could be in for a nasty treat.

Don't trust the cleanliness of anything you get that's not first-hand harvested. It's like that old sesame street song, "Don'tcha put it in your mouth..."

8. teufelfisch

teufelfisch Seasoned Activist

Generally, the nonpolar cannabinoids will absorb into the bloodstream from the GI tract more readily if they are dissolved in a lipid.

In other words, if you want the full effect of eating weed, you need to extract the THC in oil of some sort. Butter is wonderful.

But yes, eating it straight will get you high, too.

9. Carvinplayer

Carvinplayer New Member

Can You Use Marijuana as a Chew?

:cool: I wondered about this very thing. Even knowing that cooking weed in butter gets more thc out of it, I still had to try chewing weed. I placed some cleaned (de-stemnmed and de-seeded) and VERY FINELY ground weed behind my lower lip, like it was Skoal (which I also use). Sure enough, after about a half hour of swallowing the juices (not bad taste, but not actually pleasant either) I started getting high. The effect was a lot mellower than smoking the same batch was, but the high lasted about twice as long. I used the same amount as I put into a medium sized joint. (cigarette thickness).

10. StewScum

StewScum Activist

Sounds like a waste of bud to me. I suppose i would try out this theory when i grow my own weed and have some to spare.