Cancun, Mexico

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by Mattacular, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Mattacular

Mattacular Sr. Member

I'm going to Cancun, Mexico in two weeks with a friend. We're staying for about 7 days. I know we're going to try and get some cheap bowls down there but we would also like some weed for our stay.

How readily available is weed down in Cancun Mexico? Is there a certain area we should go to to try and buy? How good/expensive is it (ie. generally less than in the US)? We figure we can just smoke at the resort we're staying at someplace.

Dunno if this is the right part of the forum, sorry. Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Mounty_Ninja

Mounty_Ninja New Member

sorry i dunno how available weed is in cancun but alcohol is very available and the drinkin age is 18. sorry i cant help with the bud.

3. Devio

Devio Banned

Ive never been but ive been to Tijuana. but man, think about it. its MEXICO. Of course the people who are selling their wears or even farmers or people on the beach will be able to hook up mad green for mad cheap.

4. PanterA_four-20

PanterA_four-20 New Member

I went down to mexico this spring on a cruiz not to cancun tho, but what I did was i went to a shop and they selled pipes and this guy asked if I wanted a pipe and I said I didnt have anthing for the bowl and he said your talkin to the right person and i got about 2.5 grams for 20 cause thats the onyl bill i had i say i could of talked him down to more

5. PanterA_four-20

PanterA_four-20 New Member

I went down to mexico this spring on a cruiz not to cancun tho, but what I did was i went to a shop and they selled pipes and this guy asked if I wanted a pipe and I said I didnt have anthing for the bowl and he said your talkin to the right person and i got about 2.5 grams for 20 cause thats the onyl bill i had i say i could of talked him down to more. Also a friend i meet on the boat his dad bought a quarter for 35 bucks down there so i say you will have no problem getting bud, and about alchol i am 15 and i went to a corona extra and they bout sum coronas for a doller each and was drinking and talkin to police and they siad there is no drinking age, or its like 15 or something.

6. DonkeyPunch

DonkeyPunch Seasoned Activist

Cab drivers. They got the herb. And almost anything else you could smoke or snort. Depending on where you are staying (btw, which hotel? I had the Calinda Beach; pretty cool), you will most likely be taking cabs once or twice a day, if you go out to any clubs. And I'm sure you will. They will probably offer it to you eventually, if not, just mention it in passing to your friend, the cabbie will hear. Or, if you have the cajones, ask yourself. They LOVE the dollar, are fairly agreeable to everything you say, and know you are in Can Cun to party. Now, for the stern warning:

Always remember that you are in Mexico, and their ideas of law enforcement differs from ours. If you do go for herb, be ultra careful where you smoke it. Get it off your person at any club or public place, just in case. You get caught with that, and you better have a few ATM or credit cards with you, cuz the cops will take ALL your money and ask for more. And you gotta pay 'em. No Miranda rights here. Phone call? hahaha... good one. Just the cops, who are the judge, jury, and executioner ( <--------- embellishment, but only slighty so) around here. I have 3 friends who, at different times, have been taken for a total of 2300 American Dollars for the right to leave the country instead of staying in jail until god knows when.

With that out of the way, HAve a blast!!! Say hi to Senor Frog for me!

7. Mattacular

Mattacular Sr. Member

The resort I'm staying at is called Cancun Palace. I'm hoping we can get hooked up in there... I'mk ind of worried about buying elsewhere (herad stories of peoplle getting set up and thrown in jail). That would really suck.

BTW... I'm not 18... I'm 17. Can I still get alcohol easily? If so, I might just forget about the weed unless I find an American tourist or somebody offering it to me.

8. Ross

Ross Seasoned Activist

Thread Moved: To Places and People

9. slothy

slothy New Member

alcohol is easy to get underage... i was down there when i was 16 and walked right into a liquor store and bought a case of beer np... they're just looking for the money, and usualy dont card.

10. quikness

quikness New Member

donkeypunch has the right idea, i was down in cancun a few years ago and got a bag from a cab driver. you have to be really careful though. he took us to some sketchy place to get it, and i really thought we were gonna get robbed or something. then after we got the sack he told us we owed him for driving around to get it. well we were out of money, so my brother had to give him the nike shirt he was wearin right off his back. so we walked home w/ my brother shirtless, but we had a bag so it was all good.

and yeah the cops ain't no joke. my grandparents got pulled over for some traffic violation, and basically got extorted out of all the $ they had on 'em just to get out of trouble, so be careful

11. Mattacular

Mattacular Sr. Member

I think we may just not bother looking for weed then... it sounds way too risky for me. I'll stick with alcohol down there I geuss.

12. soybomb

soybomb Marijuana Guru

That's what I do when I go down to Mexico. Hell, the drinks are free at the resort (if you are staying at an all-inclusive) and the drinking age is 18 (actually it doesn't matter), so have at it!

13. Mattacular

Mattacular Sr. Member

Yeah man we're staying at an all inclusive resort with free drinks! hopefully the bartenders around there are cool and will let us drink at 17.

The only problem is we have to share a room with my friends mom and she can be a total ***** about that stuff. Hopefully she'll be leaving before we wake up and we'll be coming back after shes asleep.

14. DonkeyPunch

DonkeyPunch Seasoned Activist

Not too bad an idea. Chances are you will be doing some stupid sh*t down there anyway, being all out of control and acting like the obnoxious Americans they see us as anyway. May as well keep the variables to a minimum. Wait a minute... I feel a tangent coming on... here it comes...

What do you do when you are in the city and all those little 4-6 year olds are out with their 87 brother and sisters trying to sell you beads at 2 in the morning? Or any time at all, for that matter? Not a parent to be found in the area. Oh wait, there's one who is sleeping on a bench with 2 kids running around near him. Nice. Gives ya the warm and fuzzies, does it not?

Cancun: So close, yet so far away.