cannabis club jobs

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by BayAreaMML, Jun 1, 2009.

1. BayAreaMML

BayAreaMML New Member

Sorry if there is already a thread for this; search won't allow me to search the word job. I am a medical cannabis patient in the bay area. I was wondering how the heck do you get a job as a budtender or something that has to do with a cannabis club. It seems like the best job ever.
  2. Mr Charles Fiji

Mr Charles Fiji New Member

Heh, that's a good question.

Although I'm not sure I'd have the will power for that job.

I'd be way too tempted to take some of the marijuana. Hell, I'd even secretly pay for it! :D
    2 people like this.
  3. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

The best way, hands down, would be to go by each dispensary, ask to speak with the manager, and apply for a job...
    2 people like this.
  4. BayAreaMML

BayAreaMML New Member

haha. yeah i've seen the "breakroom" in a local club. im pretty sure i saw a worker gutting a swisher so that she could "test" the new strains. But i guess i could ask them next time. I always see new people working there, and especially with california's economy, marijuana doesn't seem to be a dwindling business by any means.
  5. Hashishi

Hashishi Unf*ckwit'able

I'm just picturing walking into an MMJ dispensary all suited and booted with a résumé folder under one arm and my hair slicked. And just what would you have written in your application letter? :D
    2 people like this.
  6. otown

otown New Member

lol. yeah im going to school for chemical engineering and botony, i like the subject, but my dream job would be to make new strains for a dispensary, thatd be so awesome
    2 people like this.
  7. SleepyJohn

SleepyJohn Sr. Member

In My Mind, I think all "Medical Marijuana Dispensaries", should have a Guitarist or two(2), to make the crinkling of little baggies,and, cash register clatter seem more "Healthy". Since I thought of it, I should get 1st Auditioning time. Paid for, in advance,of course!
  8. intangible child

intangible child New Member

Oaksterdam University - Quality Training for the Cannabis Industry
    2 people like this.
  9. robino

robino New Member

I asked the budtender at a club by my house once, he said you have to volunteer first and then if they like you enough they'll hire you. I don't know if he was just talking about that dispensary but hell, I wouldn't mind even just volunteering, I'm sure even volunteers get to "test" the product and get plenty of other benefits.
  10. MetallicaFan495

MetallicaFan495 New Member

Hell yeah