Cannabis Oil Question

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by Sean M Rose, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Sean M Rose

Sean M Rose New Member

OK fellow stoners, I'm broke so I only buy 1/4s of Reggie at a time. So I took half of that and 3/4 cup of vegi oil, ground my weed up to a powder almost, put it all together and placed that in a coffee cup over a hot plate. It got to 130 degrees F and it maintained that temp for an hour as I stirred and allowed it to cool with the weed still in it.

So my question is, did I do it long and hot enough to extract the THC or should I go again?
  2. Zix

Zix New Member

Im not an expert in edibles, but Iv'e picked up a few things.

You didn't say what kind of veggie oil you used, but coconut oil has the highest saturated fat content and that's what you want for max. extraction.

For best results, you should decarb your weed first especially if its fairly fresh and has moisture in it.

I dont think 130 F. is high enough, specially for just 1 hour. Should be at least 250. It gets kinda heady after this, but an hour should work at 250, although more time supposedly extracts more. I would write evrything down as you do it, especially quantities. See how it comes out, then the next time you'll know what you did before and you can adjust things accordingly.