Cannabis vaporization temperatures

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by m0sh, Nov 28, 2010.

1. m0sh

m0sh New Member

Hey guys, here is the small list that I grabbed from a friend that shows you each substance inside the cannabis.

Chemical name: Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol AKA THC
    Boiling point: 157 * C
    Features: causes euphoria, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-vomiting

Chemical Name: Cannabidiol
    Also known as: CBD
    Boiling point: 160-180 * C
    Features: anti-anxiety, analgesic, anti-psychotic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-convulsive

Chemical name: Delta-8-Tetrahydrocannabinol AKA Delta-8-THC
    Boiling point: 175-178 * C
    Features:
    1. Similar to delta -9
    2. Less Psychoactive
    3. Anti-vomiting and more stable than Delta -9

Chemical Name: Cannabinol AKA CBN
    Boiling point: 185 * C
    Features: oxidation, is broken down, by-product, sedative, antibiotic

Chemical Name: cannabichromene AKA CBC
    Boiling point : 220 * C
    Features: anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, anti-fungal

Chemical Name: Cannabigerol AKA CBG
    Boiling Point: MP52
    Features: anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, anti-fungal

Chemical Name: Tetrahydrocannabivarin AKA THCV
    Boiling Point: <220 * C
    Features: painkiller, causes euphoria

Hope this helps :)

6 people like this.
  2. adds420

adds420 New Member

I wonder how they found out about the anti vomit propities.

3. kmak

kmak Sr. Member

its been known about for a while, to cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy its very noticable, because not only does it take nausea away it gives them an appetite

4. MoreMoneyThanYou

MoreMoneyThanYou New Member

i vape at 200. if i vaped at 220 would it have add any significant damage? or na

5. m0sh

m0sh New Member

No damage at all!
    If you vape at 220C you'll get more substance from you bud.
    THCV as you can see is a painkiller and causes euphoria.
    If you take all your duff weed and vape it on 220C you'll be surprised that you can still get high from it.

I myself vaporize weed up to 230C and hash up to 260C

6. lwien123

lwien123 New Member

"Significant amounts of benzene began to appear at temperatures of 200° C. (392° F), while combustion occurred around 230° (446°F) or above."

And benzene is very bad stuff.

From the following link:
    CA NORML Health Information

Best vape temps are between 175 - 200C with the sweet spot at 192C for getting a lot of the good stuff and very little of the bad stuff (if ya really want to play it safe you can get a good buzz with virtually none of the bad stuff at 185C) If you go higher, you will get some more of the good stuff, but MUCH more of the bad. It's all a trade off.

7. m0sh

m0sh New Member

Combustion at 230C*? that is not correct at all.
    I had no tar and no combustion when I do so - if it were true then I would feel bad...

Combustion start way more high...

8. lwien123

lwien123 New Member

It said 230C or above. I would imagine that at 230C, it's where combustion just begins to begin.

9. m0sh

m0sh New Member

Meh I think the numbers are wrong...combustion appear at much higher temperatures and I would feel that.

10. lwien123

lwien123 New Member

This was a scientific study. I can post up multiple studies that show the same numbers if you would like.

11. m0sh

m0sh New Member

No no , I stand corrected.

I'm sorry for misleading info about no damage.
    I just got scared for a minute then I did some research and found a nice post by 5drive http://www.marijuana.com/vaporizers/109617-vaporizer-temperature-preference-2.html#post986807
    So I guess its not that big of a deal but I'll try to stay away from 230C...but lwien123 what temp would you suggest i vape resin/hash or skuff?

12. lwien123

lwien123 New Member

I really don't know. I only vape bud and never read any studies on resin/hash. I would think, though, that with resin/hash, you'd have to go to higher temps.

13. MoreMoneyThanYou

MoreMoneyThanYou New Member

honestly when i have kief/hash or whatever i dont vape it, i smoke the shit out of it.

i dont like putting kief in my V tower, for whatever reason

14. m0sh

m0sh New Member

Well I stopped smoking for good and I do not intend to ever smoke again...also I don't get high from smoking these days.

15. J_Berr

J_Berr New Member

270 f

16. FuckingRattlesnake

FuckingRattlesnake New Member

Dear Marijuana.com users,

Can we keep all units of measurement in standard please?

Signed,
    America

17. m0sh

m0sh New Member

LOL that's an ignorant response mate...
    Sorry mate but not everyone is from the USA
    The standard for my country is C* and not F*

Altho I would love to be able to edit my post and add Fahrenheit degrees for you...

157 degrees Celsius = 314.6 degrees Fahrenheit

180 degrees Celsius = 356 degrees Fahrenheit

185 degrees Celsius = 365 degrees Fahrenheit

220 degrees Celsius = 428 degrees Fahrenheit

18. FuckingRattlesnake

FuckingRattlesnake New Member

Hey, it was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek.

19. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

I'm not a long time vape user, but I have come to some conclusions about vaping since I've had my NO2. It seems to me that certain herbs need different temperatures. Now I know someone will prove me wrong with scientific research, but I do believe it. Old, dryer weed seems to vape best at a lower temp. Fresh, green herb seems to work better at higher temps.....

I have mixed hash with herb in my vape and it seemed to work just fine. I didn't put chunks in though, I mashed it into dust. Kief burns just fine because it's very fine to begin with. Also, at higher temps the herb seems to loose that good aftertaste that I really like.....:D

Now the leftovers. I use them to make hash oil, so even if I don't have the temp high enough to completely vape the herb, I am not wasting anything......;)

I have only used the one vape though, so my experience is limited. Perhaps we could get some sage wisdom from Buzzby on this one since he has used a vape for sometime now.........

Some Where In Ded Land..........:cool:

20. m0sh

m0sh New Member

Well I'm vaping at 190C static after almost 9 month of vaporizing only without smoking almost entirely.
    I don't think that a fresh weed vapes better at higher temps.
    If your weed is wet it will just take longer to become dry but once you heat it up to his boiling point it won't matter how to weed was before.
    I think vaporizing is great for "wet" weed.
    Where I come from I get tons of wet weed- luckily not lately - and drying it for smoking can be a bitch while vaporizing is just prefect.

I'm also wondering how do you make the hash oil? I have tons of AvB I want to do something rather then cooking this time around.